Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help - Getting a Healing Pet

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Hello everyone,

I want to know what is the best pet for us to get Unicorn, Spritely and Fairy Talents. I want to make a healing pet, so I can use in my Life wizard but I have no clue how to start it. Can I just choose any type of pet and hatch with someone who has these talents manifested? Or I got to have a proper pet to do so?

If someone can enlighten me on this I would be very grateful! If you got a pet like this and wish to hatch with me, it'd be great as well!

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
It all starts with one bad pet hatching with a good pet so yes, I highly recommend you do that. Second of all, it is luck of the draw, you can have, for example, 5 epic talents and 5 common. You may get very un-lucky and get every common or vise-versa. So keep trying! It was probably my seventh hatch before I even BEGUN to get my dream set. And finally, the talents. If you want a very good overall pet, I recommend the following: Have spell defy and or proof, try for fairy, unicorn, or lifebat (as for spells), and have life dealer and or giver. This would make an excellent pet and you can mix and match those talents I listed. If I were you though, I would get lifebat, spell defy, spell proof, life dealer, and fairy. Hope this helped and you need to remember it is trial and error and will take you maybe a year before you get exactly what you would like.

Ryan, 95

Ryan, 62

Ryan, 50

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
SrEdu on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I want to know what is the best pet for us to get Unicorn, Spritely and Fairy Talents. I want to make a healing pet, so I can use in my Life wizard but I have no clue how to start it. Can I just choose any type of pet and hatch with someone who has these talents manifested? Or I got to have a proper pet to do so?

If someone can enlighten me on this I would be very grateful! If you got a pet like this and wish to hatch with me, it'd be great as well!
There are no starting pets for all those talents. No first generation pet has them all. They must be hatched into pets to get multiple healing talents. Any pet can learn them. Your best bet is hatching with someone who has the talents and you should use a pet that has it's selfish talents hatched out. Starfish is a good starting non-crown pet because it can learn Spell Proof and Spritely. You can buy them from a dealer in Celestia for 10,000 gold.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2012
Honestly, I usually buy a giftcard from A GameStop Store, Walgreens. ETC. And get the pet from that, Then find the stats your looking for and maybe by luck I'm not sure, The stats will transfer over (Happened to me)

-Chris

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Hi EletroCat,

Thank you for your reply! To tell the truth, I more than nobody else know what it takes to make a perfect Pet because I have already a Balance pet that could be considered 'perfect' (he got: balance add, balance dealer, spell proof, spell deffying, may cast fairy and gives a blade at Baby). However, I just achieved a pet such like that because of my friend's help, but in reality I don't know almost anything about how hatches work and such, she just kept me saying "hatch and hatch all and all over again till you start to get what you're looking for".

But there's something I'm not so sure of, how do I 'mix' talents? I mean, if I got a pet that has already manifested Unicorn and Fairy in the two first talents, lets say, and I want Spell proof and deff and plus Life damage, how does it work if I hatch with someone that got those (or with two people! one who has proof and deff and other who has Life damage)? Do I keep Unicorn & Fairy and got a chance to get proof, deffy and damage or it all starts randomly again?

This is what I've been puzzling over and haven't been able to figure out, this pet thing is quite complicated!

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
I couldn't see everybody's replies because of the delay, so thanks for your help.

I may try to start with an ordinary pet and find someone who got those talents and see what happens. It's still very confusing to me but I do hope I can figure it out on my own! My dream pet is one who has Spell Proof, Deffy, May cast Unicorn Spritely and Fairy, it definitely would be a dream! But I believe I will get it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Pets have 10 "possible" talents in their genes. They actually learn only 5 of those, but those 5 are determined when you hatch. When you hatch a pet, it takes the 10 possible talents from each parent and chooses 10 from the 20 total possible. Let's say you have 2 pets with possible talents of: Caps = learned talents
Pet 1 = A, B, C, D, E, f, g, h, i, j, k
Pet 2 = L, M, N, O, P, q, r, s, t, u

You might end up with A, B, F, P, S or B, C, M, S, T...
You can't really know for sure what 10 of 20 will be chosen and from those 10 which 5 you will learn. You can only be sure that the talents will be from the list of possible talents of the parents.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Well, when your friend says hatch and hatch again, she means exactly that. The more you hatch with a pet with the desired talents, the more likely you are to get that desired talent. but as for actually manifesting the talents, it is luck which also utilizes that phrase "hatch and hatch again". I could be a while before the talents transfer no less you getting them. And the order in which the pet earned the talents is again random. I hae already tested hundreds of times if there is corrolation between the slots and talents parts learned compared to their offspring and sadly there is none. Leading me to believe it is literally just a thing of luck. And can we hatch xD that balance pet sounds amazing.