Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Backlash Trouble (a severe bug)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
Hello wizards and Wizard101 staff members.

While playing on my level 95 I noticed a severe Backlash Bug. Multiple times I have noticed that the backlash hitting me was higher then it should be. For example I used savage paw (savage paw is supposed to double decrease backlash as it is both a blade and hit) and passed 2x on my screen i saw 2x - 10 so there should be the minimum of 10% health backlash left. However at the end of the transformation i got hit by 20% health backlash.

An other example is me casting 2x Sacrifice (250 damage self, 700 heal) and passed once while using Shadow Seraph form. As we all know this is a neutral action +10 backlash, -10 backlash. However instead of the expected -30% health I got shocked by a wooping -50% health clash!

A third and final example ill be giving here is that while using Shadow Shrike it seems the final round doesnt always decrease backlash (you will see the -10 but in reality you will still lose more health then you should). Multiple times I have encountered a -20% health shock instead of a -10% due to the fact that i used my hit the last turn of the transformation.

In short this is what I believe is happening:

- The positive backlash numbers are always counted the negative onces are often bugged.
- The second backlash number isnt applied in reality. So when it says -10, +10 only the +10 may be counted.
- The final round of Shrike doesnt always change the backlash even though it may appear so. (The -10 will appear but you still take a -20% health hit)

Just to ensure: I am aware there is a -10% health shock always. I know you cannot lower backlash to 0 thats not what i am talking about here :)

Does anyone else have these issues? Or suspects the Shadow Forms may be bugged?

With kind regards,
Noah Shadowweaver level 95

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Noah Shadowweaver on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
Hello wizards and Wizard101 staff members.

While playing on my level 95 I noticed a severe Backlash Bug. Multiple times I have noticed that the backlash hitting me was higher then it should be. For example I used savage paw (savage paw is supposed to double decrease backlash as it is both a blade and hit) and passed 2x on my screen i saw 2x - 10 so there should be the minimum of 10% health backlash left. However at the end of the transformation i got hit by 20% health backlash.

An other example is me casting 2x Sacrifice (250 damage self, 700 heal) and passed once while using Shadow Seraph form. As we all know this is a neutral action +10 backlash, -10 backlash. However instead of the expected -30% health I got shocked by a wooping -50% health clash!

A third and final example ill be giving here is that while using Shadow Shrike it seems the final round doesnt always decrease backlash (you will see the -10 but in reality you will still lose more health then you should). Multiple times I have encountered a -20% health shock instead of a -10% due to the fact that i used my hit the last turn of the transformation.

In short this is what I believe is happening:

- The positive backlash numbers are always counted the negative onces are often bugged.
- The second backlash number isnt applied in reality. So when it says -10, +10 only the +10 may be counted.
- The final round of Shrike doesnt always change the backlash even though it may appear so. (The -10 will appear but you still take a -20% health hit)

Just to ensure: I am aware there is a -10% health shock always. I know you cannot lower backlash to 0 thats not what i am talking about here :)

Does anyone else have these issues? Or suspects the Shadow Forms may be bugged?

With kind regards,
Noah Shadowweaver level 95
It depends on which Shadow Spells you are using. You should visit the PvPCentral Shadow Magic guide to find out how to best bend Shadow Magic to your will.

-Nick level 95

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
At any rate, KI needs to describe Backlash more transparently than simply "The angrier looking the Shadow Aura, the stronger the Backlash will be once the Shadow Magic spell expires."

Could you be any more cryptic?