Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dark Pact, huh?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
I just got this spell and am kinda confused by it.

Why would I want to spend 1 pip to take 300 damage and gain a +30% Blade, when I could have just cast "Deathblade" for 0 pip, no damage to self, and +40% to next Death attack?

I understand its +30% to any damage type, but as a Death Wizard, I am using Death spells to attack.

Maybe in a team setting, it would be good to give the blade to an ally, but for a Death Wizard soloing or in 1v1 PvP, i don't see its usefulness over Deathblade.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Angel Dust on Mar 3, 2014 wrote:
I just got this spell and am kinda confused by it.

Why would I want to spend 1 pip to take 300 damage and gain a +30% Blade, when I could have just cast "Deathblade" for 0 pip, no damage to self, and +40% to next Death attack?

I understand its +30% to any damage type, but as a Death Wizard, I am using Death spells to attack.

Maybe in a team setting, it would be good to give the blade to an ally, but for a Death Wizard soloing or in 1v1 PvP, i don't see its usefulness over Deathblade.
When using blades of different types, they are stackable. Just make sure you use Dark Pact first before any other blades. It's very useful when soloing. It's very common to see death wizards cast Death Shield, Dark Pact, Deathblade, Spiritblade... traps and feints... then hit with a massive crow killing everything or a wraith or Dr Von to kill a boss. Every different blade that is useable by a spell will be added on to the attack. So just the 2 blades you questioned would make the attack 130% x 140% = 182% add a feint on the target and the attack will be 309%.
Dark Pact + Deathblade + Spirit Blade + Death Trap + Spirit Trap + Curse + Feint = 815% damage (and that's assuming you have no attack boost from gear). You can see where adding treasure cards, item cards, pet spells and sharpen/potent make damage possibilites exponentially high.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Ah ok, I got it now, wasnt thinking about it stacking along with Deathblade.

Makes sense, thanks for taking the time to go into so much detail.

Thanks!

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Another good way to use it is to remove weakness from yourself :)