Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Naming our mounts.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I think it would be pretty cool if we could name our mounts. I don't know how difficult that would be to arrange. Any thoughts on that subject?

Survivor
Mar 26, 2010
It sounds cool but if you think about it, won't the name cover your wizard's face from the front view?

Fiona IceDust
Level 47 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
I don't know. I don't really get the point of it. Its fun to give mounts little nicknames or something you say to yourself or irl friends you play with but I don't think its necessary for this to be added for everyone else to see.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I guess the point is our pets have names and we're allowed to change them. Why not our mounts? Just putting it out there...

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
valdushawkflame on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
I guess the point is our pets have names and we're allowed to change them. Why not our mounts? Just putting it out there...
There are enough pointless names floating around with pet names. I really don't care what people passing by decided to name their Whale or Surf Board. You only see mounts outside of battle and they do nothing but move you from here to there. Pets at least cast spells and help in battle.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
It would be cool to name our mounts. I'd name my T Rex -Pudden Or like name the Hydra mount- Moe, Larry, Curly/Shemp

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
WiseOne70 on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
It would be cool to name our mounts. I'd name my T Rex -Pudden Or like name the Hydra mount- Moe, Larry, Curly/Shemp
Woot! The Three Stooges i love it but ya the naming the mount thing could be cool

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah well i named my Lion Leo after the consolation or whatever and my redwing Spryo after the skylander so i think the name should show up in the character display when other players check your stats out and when you place them in your home

Posted by Nicholas Ghostfist, Pyromancer level 56 plus part storm and death

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I like the idea of naming your mount but I think it would be cool if you could rack up "miles" on your mount and get little rewards for the more "miles" you have.

Neela Lotusflower Legendary
Saffron Sandsword Magus

Survivor
Aug 06, 2013
Fiona IceDust on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
It sounds cool but if you think about it, won't the name cover your wizard's face from the front view?

Fiona IceDust
Level 47 Thaumaturge
Yep^^^^ great idea. good point^^^^ maybe when you look at a person's stuff it will come up there?