Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help with training points needed!!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Ok, heres my situation. I have a 40 death, and have 4 training points currently. Ill have 6-8 by the time i'm level 50, I could have 13 if I did the zeke quests available by then. Anyway, I have NO idea what to use them on. I got tower and thats it. Ill need a max of 9-10 for astral, but that still leaves a good amount at max level. I really dont want to get satyr, theres no point. Ill heal while attacking. I got feint free, and tower is already trained. Anyone have ideas for what I should use them on? Sprite? Earth or minotaur? Im able to get any mastery I need, so dont worry about that. I do pvp, so any spells usful for that? Should I just save them for spells that will come out in the future? I know im thinking WAY ahead of myself but I like to be prepared.

Thanks for help.
Alexander

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
Ok, heres my situation. I have a 40 death, and have 4 training points currently. Ill have 6-8 by the time i'm level 50, I could have 13 if I did the zeke quests available by then. Anyway, I have NO idea what to use them on. I got tower and thats it. Ill need a max of 9-10 for astral, but that still leaves a good amount at max level. I really dont want to get satyr, theres no point. Ill heal while attacking. I got feint free, and tower is already trained. Anyone have ideas for what I should use them on? Sprite? Earth or minotaur? Im able to get any mastery I need, so dont worry about that. I do pvp, so any spells usful for that? Should I just save them for spells that will come out in the future? I know im thinking WAY ahead of myself but I like to be prepared.

Thanks for help.
Alexander
I start with Strong and work my way to Colossus beginning at lvl 50 in the Celestia Base Camp = costs me 5 training points. Then later on in AZ I get Sharpened Blade and Potent Trap. There is a Star spell you can pick up also in AZ but we usually don't use that much.

If you solo mainly Reshuffle maybe an asset to you. We do pretty well with our Death wizards on the school given spells since the steal health back can be worked to your advantage.

It's not such a bad thing to think ahead on these things rather then come up short on training points and have to do a make up of all the quests in the spiral (Zeke's etc) to gain some.

Mary

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Northlite on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
I start with Strong and work my way to Colossus beginning at lvl 50 in the Celestia Base Camp = costs me 5 training points. Then later on in AZ I get Sharpened Blade and Potent Trap. There is a Star spell you can pick up also in AZ but we usually don't use that much.

If you solo mainly Reshuffle maybe an asset to you. We do pretty well with our Death wizards on the school given spells since the steal health back can be worked to your advantage.

It's not such a bad thing to think ahead on these things rather then come up short on training points and have to do a make up of all the quests in the spiral (Zeke's etc) to gain some.

Mary
haha I know about strong and colossus. Gone through that several times. I do have reshuffle, but forgot to mention it. I also already have it planned to get sharpen. potent. and the star spell. Along with amplify and convection at 52. I always do zeke quests, giving me an extra 16 (I think). I was wondering what spells could be usfull at a high level, and in pvp. Thanks for your help though.

Alexander

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:

Thanks for help.
Alexander
Alexander,

The sun spells that Mary mentioned are enhancements to your normal damage spells. For example, I have a Death wizard, Talon, L8?, that is Avalon and has all of them up to Colossus. When you get each one, switch out the new ones for the same amount that the previous ones had in the deck.

My Death brother Talon has geared his deck for health-stealing and even with Colossus added to his Vampire, he can reach somewhere between 417 and 517 for damage before it is halved.

Sharpened Blade is an awesome spell that allows +10 points to be added to whatever blade you are using. I think the Deathblade would become +40 (normal 30 + the enhanced blade), and the Spiritblade would become +45 (normal 35 + the enchanced blade).

As for Potent Trap, it will add +30 to the death trap, curse, faint and the one I am forgetting. So if this was used on Feint, it would be an 80/40 trap with some AWESOME damage against an enemy (just make sure you pack more than 1 Feint, so that you can use the regular and enhanced traps.

As for me, I like my Sleet Storm star spell that adds damage when I cast Frost Giant, so you may want to consider that for yourself.

Spoiler: In Khrysalis, after the Eclipse Tower saving and then defeating of Sophia Darkside, you will receive a free Shadow spell. If you like using blades in battle, make sure you get Shadow Shrike, because it helps enhance damage on an enemy.

Timothy Pearlflower, Harbinger of Light

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I agree with Northlite/Mary. That's what I do on my wizards. I immediately train the sun school for the damage enchantments. No question. While I disagree with her on some of the difficulty of the game, I read a lot of her posts and insight that she contributes. I couldn't agree more with the sun school and training points :) If you have a myth mastery........ lol I know where I'd put some points into too for death. My has tower shield and sun school and that's it I believe. She was fortunate enough to gain Deer Knight an early level and I can't stress to young wizards how much that has helped gaining it at level 22. Zip zip zip byebye Grizzleheim and Marleybone lol... she got to Transcended in no time at all.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Promethean oxnhors... on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
Alexander,

The sun spells that Mary mentioned are enhancements to your normal damage spells. For example, I have a Death wizard, Talon, L8?, that is Avalon and has all of them up to Colossus. When you get each one, switch out the new ones for the same amount that the previous ones had in the deck.

My Death brother Talon has geared his deck for health-stealing and even with Colossus added to his Vampire, he can reach somewhere between 417 and 517 for damage before it is halved.

Sharpened Blade is an awesome spell that allows +10 points to be added to whatever blade you are using. I think the Deathblade would become +40 (normal 30 + the enhanced blade), and the Spiritblade would become +45 (normal 35 + the enchanced blade).

As for Potent Trap, it will add +30 to the death trap, curse, faint and the one I am forgetting. So if this was used on Feint, it would be an 80/40 trap with some AWESOME damage against an enemy (just make sure you pack more than 1 Feint, so that you can use the regular and enhanced traps.

As for me, I like my Sleet Storm star spell that adds damage when I cast Frost Giant, so you may want to consider that for yourself.

Spoiler: In Khrysalis, after the Eclipse Tower saving and then defeating of Sophia Darkside, you will receive a free Shadow spell. If you like using blades in battle, make sure you get Shadow Shrike, because it helps enhance damage on an enemy.

I dont think you read me right, I know about colossus, sharpen, potent, and all the sun, star, and moon spells. This is my fourth character. I was asking for some insight on how to spend death points. My myth got tower, satyr, and several astrals, as did my storm. While my life has feint, no tower, and several astrals.

I also know about the shadow spells. Ive recieved them on other characters. I will get shadow shrike, but can train shadow sentinal or seraph if I wanted to.

I said in my original post that I was already planning on setting aside 9-11 points just for astrals. I need help for RIGHT NOW. As in: should I keep the points and not use them on anything? Or should I use them for something in the fire, ice, storm, life, balance, myth schools?

REMEMBER: I already have tower shield, spirit blade and trap, and reshuffle.

I was thinking weakness or sprite for pvp. Then if I went with weakness, I would just get up to black mantle. I could equip a balance mastery, craft the balance-death ds gear, and test out several strategies.

I AM NOT A NEW PLAYER!! I know about everything you guys have said. Maybe even a bit more.

Sorry for being a little rude, but whoever reads this next, dont tell me about astral spells and what they do... please. I already know.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Well, everyone has already re-mentioned the sun and star spells so the only thing I would add is the myth spells. I'd normally say go to minotaur but if you can get a mastery amulet then earthquake might not be bad. You could blade up and use earthquake to remove any shields the turn before you scarecrow or deer knight but idk how often you'll be in that type of situation. However I definitely think minotaur is a must, as you probably know there is the mutate sun school spell trainer in celestia and one of the spells is mutate minotaur to deadly minotaur which is great against any enemies that use shields(it is also pretty good power, the power based sun spells eventually out rank it power-wise but it's about the same level as monstrous).

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
I dont think you read me right, I know about colossus, sharpen, potent, and all the sun, star, and moon spells. This is my fourth character. I was asking for some insight on how to spend death points. My myth got tower, satyr, and several astrals, as did my storm. While my life has feint, no tower, and several astrals.

I also know about the shadow spells. Ive recieved them on other characters. I will get shadow shrike, but can train shadow sentinal or seraph if I wanted to.

I said in my original post that I was already planning on setting aside 9-11 points just for astrals. I need help for RIGHT NOW. As in: should I keep the points and not use them on anything? Or should I use them for something in the fire, ice, storm, life, balance, myth schools?

I was thinking weakness or sprite for pvp. Then if I went with weakness, I would just get up to black mantle. I could equip a balance mastery, craft the balance-death ds gear, and test out several strategies.

I AM NOT A NEW PLAYER!! I know about everything you guys have said. Maybe even a bit more.

Sorry for being a little rude, but whoever reads this next, dont tell me about astral spells and what they do... please. I already know.
Seth,

I ain't upset, I was under the impression that you was fairly new and needed helpful suggestions. Talon, my death brother, had decided to go the route of Myth as his secondary school (while gathering Ice to Tower, and Life to Satyr, and still managed to get all the sun enhancements up to Colossal, including Reshuffle on Colossus Blvd).

In going this route, he was able to pick up the death Minotaur convert in Stormriven Hall. As for the Sentinel and Seraph spells that Sophia gives from the Eclipse Tower, I haven't been able to understand how to effectively use Sentinel, since I love to blade myself.

Depending on your level, I would suggest if you want to spend TP's, to consider saving at least 6 for KR2, and return to either the Stormriven Hall trainer for conversions or Cassie in the Wild for other prism converts. Otherwise, save them all for KR2 and beyond, since we don't know what is coming (to be on the safe side).

I have finished all the questing that can be given in the game and have 2 left over, even after buying Shrike, so that I have some chance on being able to get something when the next installment comes out.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:

Just because you have training points doesn't mean you have to use them.

I have a level 91 death with over 10 training points. She would have more but I used a few on fire.(don't ask, because I think I was delusional at the time.). I did train in life up to sprite just in case a team member needed a heal.

I don't PvP so would have no advice on what spells could benefit you in that part of the game. I noticed you did not list stun block as a spell you used a training point on. If you haven't gotten it I would highly recommend it.