Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair PVP Dispel and towers cant attack

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
PVP has become so unfair I was just in a ranked match where all my foe was doing each round was using tower shields and dispels so I could not attack or do any moves at all each round then when he attacked I couldn't heal or defend myself I find this completely unfair because he kept dispelling and using towers before attacking me

The arena should not allow dispels or tower shields into the duels because it makes it unfair to duel when you can not attack the other person I find it kind of cheap. That move does not allow for you to fight back at all and is completely unfair especially in a Ranked match where you are unable to hit anything without the word dispel appearing over you every round KI you need to fix this issue with PVP or just remove it. I enjoy doing PVP but when you are unable to duel and lose rank back to private I lost a large amounts of rank because of these cheat styles BTW it is utterly unfair

Remove Dispels and towers from PVP or remove PVP completely KI

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Missingn0 on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
PVP has become so unfair I was just in a ranked match where all my foe was doing each round was using tower shields and dispels so I could not attack or do any moves at all each round then when he attacked I couldn't heal or defend myself I find this completely unfair because he kept dispelling and using towers before attacking me

The arena should not allow dispels or tower shields into the duels because it makes it unfair to duel when you can not attack the other person I find it kind of cheap. That move does not allow for you to fight back at all and is completely unfair especially in a Ranked match where you are unable to hit anything without the word dispel appearing over you every round KI you need to fix this issue with PVP or just remove it. I enjoy doing PVP but when you are unable to duel and lose rank back to private I lost a large amounts of rank because of these cheat styles BTW it is utterly unfair

Tower Shield is a learnable spell from the Ice School for anyone to learn, so no that will not be removed. As for the Dispels do you really want Kingsisle to remove them? Here are a few things you should think about:

Shadow Shrike
We all know a lot of PvP complaints have been about Shadow Magic in PvP, especially the Shrike. I don't know what level you are but if you keep PvPing you will eventually come face to face with Shadow spells as well. Let me point out that the Shrike reduces backlash from blading and attacking, so a great way to combat this is with Dispels or by hitting them hard enough to where they have to heal. If they can't do what the Shrike likes, they won't lower the backlash. And if you get them to heal you increase the backlash.

Shadow Sentinel
This is all about defense, if the Sentinel attacks he/she increases the backlash. So during these three rounds is when YOU want to spam towershields and defenses (as well as Dispels) since attacking the Sentinel reduces their backlash.

Shadow Seraph
Again: DISPEL DISPEL DISPEL. The Seraph's backlash is reduced when it heals, so if you spam Life Dispels they can't heal and lower their backlash. Again, if they attack they raise the backlash so if you just keep them from doing what is needed to lower the backlash you can completely use their own Shadow spells against them.

There are many ways YOU can turn Dispels and Shields to your OWN advantage, you just need to think outside the box and experiment with friends in practice matches. Life Dispels for me is no problem, since my pet normally removes them for me. Plus I always carry a wand that matches my school, to combat Dispels.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 83

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Missingn0 on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:

Oh no, another person who wants something to be banned because they had a bad experience with it. Dispels and tower shieds are FINE in pvp. You need to find a way to get around this problem and stop complaining about it. If you enjoy pvp so much then maybe you spend less time complaining and more time trying to create your own solution for it.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Nightblood1995 on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
Tower Shield is a learnable spell from the Ice School for anyone to learn, so no that will not be removed. As for the Dispels do you really want Kingsisle to remove them? Here are a few things you should think about:

Shadow Shrike
We all know a lot of PvP complaints have been about Shadow Magic in PvP, especially the Shrike. I don't know what level you are but if you keep PvPing you will eventually come face to face with Shadow spells as well. Let me point out that the Shrike reduces backlash from blading and attacking, so a great way to combat this is with Dispels or by hitting them hard enough to where they have to heal. If they can't do what the Shrike likes, they won't lower the backlash. And if you get them to heal you increase the backlash.

Shadow Sentinel
This is all about defense, if the Sentinel attacks he/she increases the backlash. So during these three rounds is when YOU want to spam towershields and defenses (as well as Dispels) since attacking the Sentinel reduces their backlash.

Shadow Seraph
Again: DISPEL DISPEL DISPEL. The Seraph's backlash is reduced when it heals, so if you spam Life Dispels they can't heal and lower their backlash. Again, if they attack they raise the backlash so if you just keep them from doing what is needed to lower the backlash you can completely use their own Shadow spells against them.

There are many ways YOU can turn Dispels and Shields to your OWN advantage, you just need to think outside the box and experiment with friends in practice matches. Life Dispels for me is no problem, since my pet normally removes them for me. Plus I always carry a wand that matches my school, to combat Dispels.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 83
Well said. Creativity goes a long way towards solving issues. As for what the OP said: Banning stuff won't help as you'll inevitably find something else that annoys you that you'll want banned as well. Tower shield is quite easy to get and so are dispels. My advice? If you don't want to have to attempt new strategies to just get around them, use them yourself. even if you don't want to shell out the training point, tower shield TC are quite easy to come across and very easy to use, being 0-pip, if you thought they were annoying, then imagine what you can do with them when they're on your side.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
I don't know wt dispels they were spamming but I have faced these types of people in fact just got out of a shield/dispel spamming balance a little bit ago
There are spells for shield spammers I don't know wt school you are but low pip DOT spells like poison, imp, link ext are good and if you don't have those shatter and follow up with a hit. Dispels can be a pain especially if your second but they are really good at times (though yes they can be abused like anything else) Cleanse can help but if they dispel every round it can be frustrating. Just know that this strategy isn't really any skill and I find it one of the most annoying to fight but it is beatable. Keep your head in the game and don't give up not to many people fight that way.