Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest helper not working?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
The little yellow arrow that I so much depend on, isn't really helping out. Usually it points me to the direction I need to go, but sometimes it just freezes. It shows me how many more steps I have to take to get there but I feel like I'm playing Hotter or Colder. And it takes me a few minutes to realize I'm having trouble finding where I need to go and the arrow is glitching again (lol stupid me). It's annoying because I have to log out and back in, which is getting a bit tedious. Fix it maybe? :) Thanks!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
natshadowbane on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
The little yellow arrow that I so much depend on, isn't really helping out. Usually it points me to the direction I need to go, but sometimes it just freezes. It shows me how many more steps I have to take to get there but I feel like I'm playing Hotter or Colder. And it takes me a few minutes to realize I'm having trouble finding where I need to go and the arrow is glitching again (lol stupid me). It's annoying because I have to log out and back in, which is getting a bit tedious. Fix it maybe? :) Thanks!
This is an old bug - it's so old it trips on it's long beard when it walks. Altho it does happen a lot less now it does make its appearance still. I can relate to the not catching on part too. More times then I want to admit I have went off the wrong way. It is hard fetched to trip me up in the first arc, I pretty much know where I am going there but the upper worlds it's gets me pretty good.

As time goes on these bugs just become part of the game you just put up with and move on. The little wizards scooting around on their butts still gives me a chuckle and for some reason I have to stop and stare still. Lately the recent one I have been seeing is wizards on their mounts while standing still the motion of the mount is going on but the wizard is frozen in place - most noticeable on the cat mounts - another chuckle moment for me.

I think the longer a bug prevails the harder it is to hunt it down and squash it.

Mary

Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
Northlite on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
This is an old bug - it's so old it trips on it's long beard when it walks. Altho it does happen a lot less now it does make its appearance still. I can relate to the not catching on part too. More times then I want to admit I have went off the wrong way. It is hard fetched to trip me up in the first arc, I pretty much know where I am going there but the upper worlds it's gets me pretty good.

As time goes on these bugs just become part of the game you just put up with and move on. The little wizards scooting around on their butts still gives me a chuckle and for some reason I have to stop and stare still. Lately the recent one I have been seeing is wizards on their mounts while standing still the motion of the mount is going on but the wizard is frozen in place - most noticeable on the cat mounts - another chuckle moment for me.

I think the longer a bug prevails the harder it is to hunt it down and squash it.

Mary
Thanks for your input! I'm sure I can deal with it :) And yes, I've seen the frozen wizard glitch too haha! Thanks again :)