Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet's Failing To Heal

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2011
LucasSilverblade10... on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
Dear Kings Isle,

Due to your recent "adjustment" of the "Fairy Friend" healing talent ratio, the effects of that change have me here now, voicing my utter shock and disappointment. I, along with many other players, have spent countless hours hatching, training and enjoying our amazing healing and helping pets, not to mention oodles of real, hard earned money (read: hundreds of thousands of dollars). And now...well, they are useless.

I understand you are aware of this problem and are looking into it and I have faith that you will do the right thing and readjust this talent back to the way it was. If I cannot count on my pet to heal me while soloing your amazing game or during PvP, I won't be playing it anymore and I will cancel my account when my yearly subscription comes due in the next month. You cannot play this game without healing pets...period.

I have 6 wizards and they all had perfect pets. Please, do the right thing and give us our awesome perfect pets back. We have all worked so very hard to make them and we share them with anyone who needs a better pet and help them to get what we have. Don't do this to your loyal paying players...or to the children who don't understand why their pets don't heal anymore...

With high-hopes and deep respect to all the awesome KI people who made this game the happiest place on the web

Peace, out...Lucas Silverblade
Yes! Indeed agreed,I'm with you 100% cause we all have the same issue the pets should not be tap or reduce the ratio of how many our pets can cast especially it reached through mega at full potential.The pet itself deserve it's purpose is how it should to react.i believe KI, will fix this issue back where it was but it should something different like separate the mega pet from the rest of the pets has not yet been reached to mega in other words as the train progress our should gain a percentage ratio just like us we level up to gain more power.It should be the same as the pet trained mega much better than other pets under mega.

Survivor
May 28, 2011
Professor Drake on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Greetings, students. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. As you know, fairies are capricious and unpredictable creatures. It appears that some of my recent spell research has caused the fairies to behave differently on pets than they have in the past. I did need to make changes to the frequency they were cast, as they were too disruptive to combat. But the amount their behavior has changed was unintended. Now they are not appearing nearly as much as I would like. I will endeavor to rectify their behavior promptly.

This is the only spell triggered from pets that was changed in the latest update. None of the other pet spells were affected.

Fairies cast from pets should be happening equally as often as Spritely. Rest assured I will work my considerable skills in magic to ensure this change appears quickly.
Professor Drake,I'm glad you made the vow to resolve this matters but it should make changes considerably with the rest of the pets that has been trained at mega by through the rank can cast better than those under mega pets.It just a thought idea in mind just like us wizard as we progress to the rank the stronger we become and should be the same as the pet.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Bennotoriuos fire on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
Professor Drake,I'm glad you made the vow to resolve this matters but it should make changes considerably with the rest of the pets that has been trained at mega by through the rank can cast better than those under mega pets.It just a thought idea in mind just like us wizard as we progress to the rank the stronger we become and should be the same as the pet.
I disagree with this idea. There is already enough in the game that is offered to people who have more time and or money to invest, pets shouldn't be another one.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Northlite on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
I disagree with this idea. There is already enough in the game that is offered to people who have more time and or money to invest, pets shouldn't be another one.

Mary
They already are. Why shouldn't pets get better with level? Why shouldn't a Mega pet be better at casting than a Teen? The excuse that it favors people who actually pay for the game to exist is just ridiculous. You don't need extra time or money to train a pet to mega. You need only patience, not a single penny, and about 5 minutes a day. Do people who spend money get it easier? Of course, but the only reason is energy potions. Everything else is readily available for free in the game. I see absolutely nothing wrong with pets improving with level.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
seethe42 on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
They already are. Why shouldn't pets get better with level? Why shouldn't a Mega pet be better at casting than a Teen? The excuse that it favors people who actually pay for the game to exist is just ridiculous. You don't need extra time or money to train a pet to mega. You need only patience, not a single penny, and about 5 minutes a day. Do people who spend money get it easier? Of course, but the only reason is energy potions. Everything else is readily available for free in the game. I see absolutely nothing wrong with pets improving with level.
Some times young wizard, I think you are playing a different game then I am. 5 mins a day? I am working on in excess of 30 pets right now to merge talents into one or two, at 5 mins a day I believe that would make it a 5 year trek? You're funny sometimes.

I have always worked for everything I have in the game for free but don't believe it has to be unavailable to anyone or everyone else. I have more patience then most - believe me. Sadly I care too much about the wizards around me in this game, so if I could work on hardening my skin I guess things would annoy me less. I am also very non competitive so maybe that is my problem.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Northlite on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
Some times young wizard, I think you are playing a different game then I am. 5 mins a day? I am working on in excess of 30 pets right now to merge talents into one or two, at 5 mins a day I believe that would make it a 5 year trek? You're funny sometimes.

I have always worked for everything I have in the game for free but don't believe it has to be unavailable to anyone or everyone else. I have more patience then most - believe me. Sadly I care too much about the wizards around me in this game, so if I could work on hardening my skin I guess things would annoy me less. I am also very non competitive so maybe that is my problem.

Mary
I said 5 mins a day because most people train only one pet at a time. Yes it was slight hyperbole, but getting a pet to adult takes one training session if you garden for snacks. That uses all your energy. 2 more sessions of training takes you to Epic. 4 more sessions take you to Mega. That's with any pet. It doesn't take much time per day if you aren't using potions to refill energy. And I don't.

I fail to see what exactly you disagree with on my post. You replied to my post but failed to answer any of my questions. Why shouldn't an Mega pet have better chances than a Teen? You didn't refute anything or say why you think pets shouldn't improve with training. Pet levels are completely free to all players and the idea only improves game play for players. I think you totally missed the entire point of this idea.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2013
I think Kingsisle should make that healing spells willl not cast often in pvp.but in PvE scenarios its should be normal

Valerian ShadowSpear Level 76 Necromancer in the Wyld

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
nathan 23355 on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
Ki are you going to fix are pets with may cast fairy and spiritely. All the time and money spent to raise them is lost. Are you going to fix them or not? I hear you are going to change the pets with resit to.
Nathan 23355 - I agree in what you are saying, even though Ki has adjusted the fairy spell, it is still not equal to what it was before they reduced it. All the money and time spent into pets is extremely upsetting, and if KI/others want pvp matches without pet heals then they should generate the pvp area to reflect the same as in touneys to give others options to pvp with no pets. This would resolve so many issues.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Nathan ShadowFlame on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
I have the same problem too! I was playing for around five hours also and my rain beetle didn't heal once. I first thought it was just something wrong with the beetle, so i got on my balance and decided to see if fairy would work on my harpy. Nope. Not one time did any of my pets seem to cast fairy, but I unicorn and healing current seemed to be working fine (i don't know about sprite; i don't have it on any of my pets). Please Kingsisle, fix this ASAP. I worked hard for my pets and it's all going to WASTE!
I wish KI would generate/alter the pvp matches to reflect the same as tourney so those who dislike pet heals can choose matches without that capability. I wish my pet would cast fairy like it did before the changes.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
Ah yes, the healing pet. I have written to KI with how unhappy I am with the changes made to the pet that I Have already paid tons of time gold and crowns for to enjoy the healing qualities of this pet only to have them changed. This is so unfair to change something that has already been paid for with time gold and money. Sounds like there are a lot of others who feel the same way. I say...solution...make pets more attainable to those who were complaining. Once something is purchased you should not be allowed to go ahead and change the characteristics of that purchase. Not fair...not fair at all. I am wondering what other changes, of course once we have already PAID for items, will KI do next without any regard to our purchases. Change the characteristics of the pets in PVP not in the entire game. Give them, the people who complain an option before entering into PVP to get pets or change the features of the healing pets while in PVP. Lots of other ways this could have been handled. I want what I paid for and that is a healing pet that I could count on .. I don't know... TO HEAL !!!!

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
donna moondust on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
Ah yes, the healing pet. I have written to KI with how unhappy I am with the changes made to the pet that I Have already paid tons of time gold and crowns for to enjoy the healing qualities of this pet only to have them changed. This is so unfair to change something that has already been paid for with time gold and money. Sounds like there are a lot of others who feel the same way. I say...solution...make pets more attainable to those who were complaining. Once something is purchased you should not be allowed to go ahead and change the characteristics of that purchase. Not fair...not fair at all. I am wondering what other changes, of course once we have already PAID for items, will KI do next without any regard to our purchases. Change the characteristics of the pets in PVP not in the entire game. Give them, the people who complain an option before entering into PVP to get pets or change the features of the healing pets while in PVP. Lots of other ways this could have been handled. I want what I paid for and that is a healing pet that I could count on .. I don't know... TO HEAL !!!!
I also wrote them but was ignored. Even though I thought I was very polite in the email. This makes me feel like a second class member.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
vs this is a mystery a strange one at that i will look in to it.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2012
I kinda know what you're talking about this happened to me once with my charming minstrel with a pedigree of 60 it usually used unicorn a good amount of time but it stopped using unicorn for like 2 or 3 hours but now it's using it again but to be honest my charming minstrel never stops using sprite it uses sprite like every turns or every other turn once in an azteca dungeon with my friend it used it 5 times in one turn not complaining or anything but I haven't really seen anything wrong with my pet I guess I'm either lucky or my pets just awesome maybe if you train your pet it gets better heal chance but i doubt that i know thats how it goes with critical and other stats though

-

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
In reading numerous complaints from some of the people in this conversation, I find it funny the complaining of how often their pets heal or don't heal with certain spells. Thank your lucky stars that you have pets that heal with something besides sprite. That so far is the only healing spell I can get out of all the pets I have bought, hatches etc. If I find someone who has a great healing pet, they actually ask you to pay to hatch with them. Unbelievable! I don't understand how any of these pets came to be able to have so many different heals o0n them, but I can't get any and can't find anyone willing to hatch with me who does. So, how does a person get a decent healing pet? You can't buy one and I can't seem to hatch one, so how do I go about it?

Champion
May 03, 2011
This recent nerfing of heals has changed everyone's approach to hatching now. I recently started offering pets--pets I thought were good, with triple heals and resist--to anyone interested in the hatchery. Very few takers. No one wants healing pets anymore, because they don't really heal much. So the pets I (and many others) have worked on for months are now not worth anything, relative to their previous value. That's what's upsetting. It's the time one puts into the pets, which now looks like a waste. I am not going to start all over trying to get damage pets. I am just going to quit hatching, for the most part. It's not worth it, when it seems things can be changed without warning. Very frustrating.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
GoldensRule on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
In reading numerous complaints from some of the people in this conversation, I find it funny the complaining of how often their pets heal or don't heal with certain spells. Thank your lucky stars that you have pets that heal with something besides sprite. That so far is the only healing spell I can get out of all the pets I have bought, hatches etc. If I find someone who has a great healing pet, they actually ask you to pay to hatch with them. Unbelievable! I don't understand how any of these pets came to be able to have so many different heals o0n them, but I can't get any and can't find anyone willing to hatch with me who does. So, how does a person get a decent healing pet? You can't buy one and I can't seem to hatch one, so how do I go about it?
Be happy you have Spritely as currently on all my healing pets that is the one thing that does cast "rarely" but more then any other heal.

This has really left a lot of people who have put a lot into this out in the cold with no explanation as to why - one day you had it next day not. I guess there wasn't enough challenge in the game with all these pets helping?

In a 6 hr block of constant battles in upper worlds, helping others, to include Ghost and Pendragon though a dungeon in the new world I seen 2 Unicorns, 4 Spritely and one Fairy Friend cast by my pet. UGH

Don't think you will find many "thankful" for what their time and maybe even money has netted them now.

As for finding hatch ups, I have no problem raffling though my pet herds to hatch with any one randomly - my bunny with spell proof and healing current is very popular right now. Try Wizard101Central.com for meet up or post here for one.

Mary

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
I just want to say that not everyone will charge for a hatch. I have hatched many times with people to help them get better pets without asking for anything in return. I have seen many people in there that may be at max gold and offer to hatch good pets with anyone who wants. Change realms till you find someone willing.

The reason some people have multiple heals on a pet is because they put a lot of effort into making them that way by hatching and re hatching when the pet failed over and over till they got the desired results. A lot of people in the hatchery with good pets poured a lot of time and real money into them. This is why people are upset that they were nerfed.

People also need to understand that they have the option to work on their pets as hard as others do and not get mad or jealous cause someone's pet might have better talents cause it takes hard work.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
GlodensRule The pets with many heals come from people hatching the talents into them over and over.
Like a breeder of puppies breeds the best parents to get best blood line.
And I like a lot of my friends who help people hatch pets to get a good pet, never ask anything!
never pay to hatch any pets.
There are too many people in the game that will help you when asked.
I suggest trying pet hatching forms or keep looking in the hatchery it will take a while
but you'll find one.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
So KI can you tell us if you are going to fix the may cast heals back to what rate the cast heal was when we raised them ? If not please let us know . We all just want to know . My kids and grand kids would like to know if there may cast heal pets are going to stay useless. Grampa would like to know too .

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
nathan 23355 on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
So KI can you tell us if you are going to fix the may cast heals back to what rate the cast heal was when we raised them ? If not please let us know . We all just want to know . My kids and grand kids would like to know if there may cast heal pets are going to stay useless. Grampa would like to know too .
I have a feeling we have been left out to dry on this one. We are beating a dead horse. If it hasn't been amended by now I don't think it's going to be. We are left to our own thoughts on why this was needed. It's easier to let us think it was PVP? Lets face it when spritely was reduced it blew over and people accepted it, now we have to accept this.

I guess we put too much stock in pets and it was making game play to easy. How can the game get more difficult if you have a pet regularly healing you? Personally I am not going to waste to many of my mega snacks on my pets any more. I will train them at a snails pace but this way when the get a selfish talent and I have to move on I won't feel like I wasted any thing but time on that pet. What is the worth of training a MC that really is RC - Rarely Cast?

Mary

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Northlite Mary well said . My grands worked hard spend there xmas crown money on snacks to get a heal pet . they where so excited to get one . The pet healed so great for them. Now they lower the cast rate so bad there pets very seldom heal. Sad to say they are leaving the game now.KI wow wow you gave them a heal pet then took it away shame on you. Grampa here is sad to see them leave.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
We are reviewing the recent changes to some of the May Cast Healing pet spells. Please be patient while we evaluate the changes again, and determine any additional adjustments that may need to be made.
Yes i would second that one i mean my pet went a whole tourney without healing once as a matter of fact it did nothing the entire tourney making me feel like i was really so and yeah i have had this happen more often then not. How come the pets are not more balanced in pvp as i watched and saw a team heal at a 90% rate when my own team healed like 4 times the whole match. No team will ever win that way.Also on a quick note if your going to overpower storm and give them no weakness then don't let them go first thanks.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
nathan 23355 on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
Northlite Mary well said . My grands worked hard spend there xmas crown money on snacks to get a heal pet . they where so excited to get one . The pet healed so great for them. Now they lower the cast rate so bad there pets very seldom heal. Sad to say they are leaving the game now.KI wow wow you gave them a heal pet then took it away shame on you. Grampa here is sad to see them leave.
I feel for you dude, I really do, but you know what? The only pet that's ever healed me ever was my deer knight with a spritely, you know, it's only healed me about 4 times ever in my whole w101 career. But look at me! I got to lvl 60 WITHOUT ANY healing pets AT ALL. I know it's a bummer when a pet seems to stop casting very much. but look at me! my best pet was FIRE (and I'm death) with a critical and a firezilla. Tell your Grands that the game has other features and that it may even be MORE fun with more of a challenge until KI gets this fixed for all of us.

~Luke NightTalon lvl 68

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
nathan 23355 on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
The only thing Else I sympathize with atm is to everyone who spent over 5000 crowns on snacks and stuff that really sucks and KI had better fix that or make up for it in some way.

Also, look for gear with healing spells and healing stats. Hive bundle is great with health and energy for the pets. Idk if that will help at all but hey, I'm just a grumpy warlord.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2012
seethe42 on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
i am very mad when i see in pvp a teen dragon can cast more sprite then my pet. That seems a bit funny to me