Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet's Failing To Heal

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Ki are you going to fix are pets with may cast fairy and spiritely. All the time and money spent to raise them is lost. Are you going to fix them or not? I hear you are going to change the pets with resit to.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
nathan 23355 on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
Ki are you going to fix are pets with may cast fairy and spiritely. All the time and money spent to raise them is lost. Are you going to fix them or not? I hear you are going to change the pets with resit to.
Ki has fixed the may cast fairy. It's working better now at least it is for my friend. Just because the fairy spell & that wasn't working right doesn't mean Ki is going to change the pet's with resist.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Not completely sure why this is still such a hot topic...

My fairy is casting again, on all of my pets. It's healing me 3-4 times each fight, and most of my fights are only 5-6 rounds, so I think the origional cast rate is pretty close.

My Unicorn has healed more often than ever, and my sprite is about the same.

I think you've all made your points, an dKI listened.

Thank you KI.

Now, it's time to back off the healing issue.

As to the Defenses???

I've heard rumblings throughout the Wizard community, message boards, fansites..etc, that KI was looking at the resists, and were thinking about lowering them.
THAT BEING SAID
I've also heard that KI was bankrupt, that they were selling off, that Avalon would be the last world, that PVP was being scrapped, that the moon landing was faked and that Elvis was still alive...

Anyone want to discuss these topics???

If not, then it's time to let this topic go, and look at any actual problems, and not live in 2 weeks ago anymore.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
Dear KI ... All of my pets are now worthless ... thanks for nothing. I have literally spent thousands of dollars on this game - I'm sure you can check and see how much. I have 4 membership accounts and all of them have multiple crown homes, pets, gear. I worked on my pets every day for two years. That's how long it took me to get my first SPUDF. Two years. I play each and every day as I have for the last two years because I love the game. Well that devotion is clearly not returned. I have played for a couple of hours every day for the last week. My pet has healed me exactly once. I have been defeated more in the last week than I have in the last year and certainly more than my pet has bothered to do anything for me. The PVP whiners would rather ruin what the rest of us have taken time and energy to build than simply un-equip a pet before heading into a match.

I've had it with your false platitudes and fake fixes. If you did manage to make fairy cast at the same rate as sprite, then you obviously lowered the cast rate for sprite too.

Until this is fixed you can expect to see not one more dime from me and my family. When my accounts come up for renewal, when new bundle cards come out, when new crown gear appears in the shop - I would rather live without and never see wizard city again than to pay you another cent for this horrible customer service experience.

I do not PVP, I should not have my game experience ruined by those who do. If I want to solo, I should be able to without having to spend crowns on a henchman to keep from having to run the dungeon repeatedly. I shouldn't have to spend twice as long in a boss fight because I have to heal myself just so PVPers can get through THEIR matches more expeditiously.

Return our pets!

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
You are just having a lucky streak. I am lucky if i have one fairy cast in a single day on any of my pets. Pets that I have poured a lot of money into. I have not seen any update notes on them fixing it again unless it was mentioned somewhere i missed looking. The point is I am out all that time and money spent on multiple pets with fairy only to have it be a wasted talent slot now on my pets. Lots of money wasted. Lots of time wasted.

I know I am not the only one out there with fairy pets that don't heal. Even healing current is not healing as well as it used to for me.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Sarg042 on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:
Not completely sure why this is still such a hot topic...

My fairy is casting again, on all of my pets. It's healing me 3-4 times each fight, and most of my fights are only 5-6 rounds, so I think the origional cast rate is pretty close.

My Unicorn has healed more often than ever, and my sprite is about the same.

I think you've all made your points, an dKI listened.

Thank you KI.

Now, it's time to back off the healing issue.

As to the Defenses???

I've heard rumblings throughout the Wizard community, message boards, fansites..etc, that KI was looking at the resists, and were thinking about lowering them.
THAT BEING SAID
I've also heard that KI was bankrupt, that they were selling off, that Avalon would be the last world, that PVP was being scrapped, that the moon landing was faked and that Elvis was still alive...

Anyone want to discuss these topics???

If not, then it's time to let this topic go, and look at any actual problems, and not live in 2 weeks ago anymore.
Sarg042, I usually enjoy your comments a lot, and appreciate your contributions to the boards. So please don't take this wrong.

However, in this little rant I think you are proclaiming as an update what may be just your own luck.

The may-cast heal spells have always been random. Sometimes they fire a lot, sometimes not so much. This was true even before they adjusted the casting rates in the last few updates.

It may be the case that KI has fixed the decreased rates, but it may also be that you have just had a string of good luck that others are not also having. Your personal anecdotal experience is not the end of the discussion, especially if the others who are posting are not having the same luck you are. Hopefully, your experience will be shared by others. But since people are still posting frustration, they might not be sharing your experience yet.

My own wizards have had mixed luck with pets healing, but generally, they still seem not to be healing as much as they used to. I had a good string of spritely last night with one wizard, but other than that, several days with only scattered heals for all wizards (and I have about six active).

Until we hear from KI that the rates have been adjusted back, we don't know it for true. I personally would like to hear KI tell me they have fixed the issue. Since they have not announced that update, and since people are still having frustrations, this is still an "actual problem" that people are entirely justified to comment upon.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
FinnAgainWindrider on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
Sarg042, I usually enjoy your comments a lot, and appreciate your contributions to the boards. So please don't take this wrong.

However, in this little rant I think you are proclaiming as an update what may be just your own luck.

The may-cast heal spells have always been random. Sometimes they fire a lot, sometimes not so much. This was true even before they adjusted the casting rates in the last few updates.

It may be the case that KI has fixed the decreased rates, but it may also be that you have just had a string of good luck that others are not also having. Your personal anecdotal experience is not the end of the discussion, especially if the others who are posting are not having the same luck you are. Hopefully, your experience will be shared by others. But since people are still posting frustration, they might not be sharing your experience yet.

My own wizards have had mixed luck with pets healing, but generally, they still seem not to be healing as much as they used to. I had a good string of spritely last night with one wizard, but other than that, several days with only scattered heals for all wizards (and I have about six active).

Until we hear from KI that the rates have been adjusted back, we don't know it for true. I personally would like to hear KI tell me they have fixed the issue. Since they have not announced that update, and since people are still having frustrations, this is still an "actual problem" that people are entirely justified to comment upon.
Sarg042 is not the only one. Most of my friends pet's have been healing more than usually. Still trying to get the Healing spell's for my pet so I can actually see what's going on.. But I believe Ki has listened just like they always do and has fixed it.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
As of February 12 2014, the pet spell "May Cast Fairy" will cast with the same frequency as the pet spell "Spritely".

For more information about the updates, visit https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/minor-game-updates-february-2014-8ad6a418440156c801442271fc1b3ce9
FinnAgain,
I've based my "Rant" on a number of factors.
My 7 Accounts, my duaghter's 3 Accounts, my Wife's 3 Accounts, and my traveling partner's 8 Accounts.
Totaling around 47 pets with Sprite/Fairy/Unicorn, UNicorn/Fairy, Energizer/Fairy, and Energizer/Fairy/Sprite combinations.
Fairy has come back full blown in all these cases.
4 Different computers, 4 different IP addresses, and 2 different time zones.

Quoted above, Professor Greyrose posted in here, letting everyone know the fairy casting rate was readjusted to cast more often. Still less than origionally, yet more than it was downgraded to.

I in no way was trying to offend anyone with my post, I was simply stating the fact that on the near 50 pets I get to watch, and use, Fairy has returned almost fully.

I was also hoping peopel would see the absolute uselesness of taking a RUMOR such as having the resists tampered with, and running with it.

Honestly Finn, I've read most of your posts, and responses to people's questions and concerns.
I've taken absolutely no offence to your post,a nd I'm glad to try and clear my little rant up a bit.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Cori DForge on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
Dear KI ... All of my pets are now worthless ... thanks for nothing. I have literally spent thousands of dollars on this game - I'm sure you can check and see how much. I have 4 membership accounts and all of them have multiple crown homes, pets, gear. I worked on my pets every day for two years. That's how long it took me to get my first SPUDF. Two years. I play each and every day as I have for the last two years because I love the game. Well that devotion is clearly not returned. I have played for a couple of hours every day for the last week. My pet has healed me exactly once. I have been defeated more in the last week than I have in the last year and certainly more than my pet has bothered to do anything for me. The PVP whiners would rather ruin what the rest of us have taken time and energy to build than simply un-equip a pet before heading into a match.

I've had it with your false platitudes and fake fixes. If you did manage to make fairy cast at the same rate as sprite, then you obviously lowered the cast rate for sprite too.

Until this is fixed you can expect to see not one more dime from me and my family. When my accounts come up for renewal, when new bundle cards come out, when new crown gear appears in the shop - I would rather live without and never see wizard city again than to pay you another cent for this horrible customer service experience.

I do not PVP, I should not have my game experience ruined by those who do. If I want to solo, I should be able to without having to spend crowns on a henchman to keep from having to run the dungeon repeatedly. I shouldn't have to spend twice as long in a boss fight because I have to heal myself just so PVPers can get through THEIR matches more expeditiously.

Return our pets!
The MC sprite was reduced in a previous update, oddly that was let go and blew over quite fast. I was extremely disappointed since I depended on that in my pets. There was a grumble but no Roar about it. It was said it was to avoid pets healing while the wizard was at full health. This sucked for my Life wizard who liked the dispel knocked off by it. It also means more defeats possible because now the bits of health don't start when needed. What it actually did was render my pets useless because on many Spritely did not cast at all over long sessions of battling and sadly most of my wizards are in the upper worlds now.

Since I had the Frankinbunnies I thought I would incorporate Energizing Battery into the mix, well that seems to have been shut down now also, it was a great week when it worked and that pet made it possible for me to get the Sharpen Blade spell since it also had MC Fire shield and it did a lot, now it's more rare then Spritely.

So I forged on. I finally get a few hatches with a pet that had Fairy Friend so I figured hatch that into my pets now that is gone - what healing still works in the game is all I want to know. It took me many pets to get fairy and spritely in one pet, what a waste of time.

I have taken the week off from the game to get a way from it all so I hope it gets resolved. Frustrating to be knocked back by every healing I try to get to none that are reliable enough to bother with. Prior to the break my Starfish did seem to Spritely more as opposed to not at all and in 4 hrs of game play only one Fairy Friend was cast.

In the end I learned long ago not to throw real money at a virtual items so I spend very little in the game and only have things I can earn in the game. Sure game play is a little harder for me but I get by fine.

Mary

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Sarg042 on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
FinnAgain,
I've based my "Rant" on a number of factors.
My 7 Accounts, my duaghter's 3 Accounts, my Wife's 3 Accounts, and my traveling partner's 8 Accounts.
Totaling around 47 pets with Sprite/Fairy/Unicorn, UNicorn/Fairy, Energizer/Fairy, and Energizer/Fairy/Sprite combinations.
Fairy has come back full blown in all these cases.
4 Different computers, 4 different IP addresses, and 2 different time zones.

Quoted above, Professor Greyrose posted in here, letting everyone know the fairy casting rate was readjusted to cast more often. Still less than origionally, yet more than it was downgraded to.

I in no way was trying to offend anyone with my post, I was simply stating the fact that on the near 50 pets I get to watch, and use, Fairy has returned almost fully.

I was also hoping peopel would see the absolute uselesness of taking a RUMOR such as having the resists tampered with, and running with it.

Honestly Finn, I've read most of your posts, and responses to people's questions and concerns.
I've taken absolutely no offence to your post,a nd I'm glad to try and clear my little rant up a bit.
Thanks Sarg. I too read your posts, and as I said, you have a lot of good contributions.

I hope you are right about the healing. It seems you have enough accounts to be getting some positive evidence. I just want to hear KI say more themselves. I'd also like to see my pets kick back into full action, which I have not yet seen.

As far as the rumors about resists being affected, you are of course very correct to point out that they are just rumor and not real.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2012
Ok I knows this is kinda off topic but does anyone know a good healing pet for gold?? I'm storm so I don't get a lot of health from gear and need to heal a lot during battles.

~ thanks! Mackenzie StormRiver Magus

Survivor
Apr 13, 2011
I have notice this problem too with my ice pet, before the update my pet cats fairy a lot, after the update my pet acts really dull and doesn't cats fairy until i have really low life. Is something wrong Dustin Crowcaster 53

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Bosonic618 on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
Ok I knows this is kinda off topic but does anyone know a good healing pet for gold?? I'm storm so I don't get a lot of health from gear and need to heal a lot during battles.

~ thanks! Mackenzie StormRiver Magus
You can buy a Starfish in Celestia for 10,000 gold, it has Spritely and Spell Proof

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
FinnAgainWindrider on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
Thanks Sarg. I too read your posts, and as I said, you have a lot of good contributions.

I hope you are right about the healing. It seems you have enough accounts to be getting some positive evidence. I just want to hear KI say more themselves. I'd also like to see my pets kick back into full action, which I have not yet seen.

As far as the rumors about resists being affected, you are of course very correct to point out that they are just rumor and not real.
I have experienced more activity with Spritley on my pets but still no Fairy Friend being cast. Are we to assume that the way this talent is now is the way it is going to stay, aka = useless? I am no longer training my pets for Energizing because that does not seem to cast at all across my 3 pets with it.

Mary

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Northlite on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
I have experienced more activity with Spritley on my pets but still no Fairy Friend being cast. Are we to assume that the way this talent is now is the way it is going to stay, aka = useless? I am no longer training my pets for Energizing because that does not seem to cast at all across my 3 pets with it.

Mary
I really don't know what to think myself.

I don't understand why they had to mess with the healing & may-cast talents in the first place, way back when the first spritely reduction happened. It was a classic case of "fixing what is not broken", or actually, in this case, "breaking what was not broken."

It would be very good if KI would actually release not just a full update to return our pets to their former fun glory, but also a full explanation of why they are messing with the pets and what prompted them to do it.

I have spent so many hours hatching and training, not to mention time gardening snacks and actual money buying mega snacks, in order to get myself good and helpful pets. To me, the whole cast-reduction thing from when it first started to now just feels like a betrayal.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
If the pvp people had a problem with cast rate, why didn't they just disable healing pets for pvp? I'll admit that the sprite cast rate was so often that a long battle was much, much longer, but we do need healing. My spritely/unicorn pet didn't heal me once in several long boss battles - come on, folks. I realize it's a random thing, but should it be? If you're hit, and hit many times, it should trigger at least 50% of the time, especially if it's completely trained to the extent of its stats. So it makes the game easier, so what? Bosses in Azteca, Aquila, and Khrysalis start with so many pips we need some kind of help! And can't we get some gear that gives us at least one more pip to start? 2 power pips don't look like much when the boss and all his minions start with FULL PIPS.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
Ki, Are you planning on fixing our pets anytime soon? My pets are not healing. I poured too much money into them believing that as a customer, I got what I paid for. I am afraid to look in my account at all the hundreds of dollars I am out because of all the pet raising I did. I do not believe it has been fixed after the "fix". If
it was, my pets missed out somehow. It is hard cause on many pets, I deliberately hatched out all heals except fairy. Because of this I have lost interest in hatching anymore nor in doing my quests. Each day that goes by I am on less and less. The only good thing that comes out of this is that I will be saving a lot of money now that I am not buying crowns for energy elixirs and plants. Pets were a big part of the game for me and gave me something to do when I needed a break from questing. Will you please tell me if it will be fixed or not. I have 2 accounts hanging in the balance.

A very disheartened customer.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2013
I think if KI is going to keep nerfing/ ruining pve players pets they should make them WAY easier to level up.
i have been playing my ancient nighthawk with spritely and have seen it go off exactly 3 times in 2 weeks!!
thats almost never.
I have spent alot of time, not to mention the money i spent on the pet itself, just to have KI take away the spell i wanted/ trained for. thanks!

fix it! this is horrible. PVP ruined my game! AGAIN! bye bye KI unless something happens for the better before renewal im outta here.

Survivor
May 28, 2011
1)Why kingsisle made adjustment to our pets cast fairy?
2)What's seems to be the problem with pet can cast fairy with fully train up to mega the pet just responded as it's purpose that's how it should be if your pet trained at full potential at mega then my pet should cast better than other pets did not reach to mega.Does it make sense to anyone?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I have spoken with all my friends whom this affects,and the message is the same, pet heal talents are virtually worthless now, lots of time and money wasted, etc. KI your messages and actions on this subject so far have been weak at best. Don't you think you owe the people who love and support this game,just a bit more?

"There is no shame in being wrong,shame is reserved for the ones who won't acknowledge it,or even worse, deny it"- Me

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
Intrepidatius on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
I have spoken with all my friends whom this affects,and the message is the same, pet heal talents are virtually worthless now, lots of time and money wasted, etc. KI your messages and actions on this subject so far have been weak at best. Don't you think you owe the people who love and support this game,just a bit more?

"There is no shame in being wrong,shame is reserved for the ones who won't acknowledge it,or even worse, deny it"- Me
the pet heals are back to normal and if you don't believe me than why does my pet casts unicorn at least 3 times each battle and same with spritely

Survivor
Oct 06, 2013
I think it may be happening with all life spells cause my bee, Fluffy, got a May cast lifeblade at adult and is now epic, she never cast lifeblade ONCE!!!!! Come on, KI, my secondary school is life so a single lifeblade would make me die of joy. Please, fix my pet, KI!

Brooke Hextalon, level 27 wizard

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
skull98oo on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
the pet heals are back to normal and if you don't believe me than why does my pet casts unicorn at least 3 times each battle and same with spritely
So because your pet acts "normal",you assume it is that way for everyone? You couldn't be more wrong. I assure you that not everyone who posts is involved in some form of "mass conspiracy" involving the status of their pets and heals,or lack thereof.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
I have seen a mild change in how my ice cat heals, but it still doesn't even come close to healing me like it did. I did mirror lake and had to use healing spells which is annoying since I raised this particular pet to heal. My other pets with fairy and unicorn hardly cast either spell still.

Survivor
May 28, 2011
Fellow wizards",I understand the painful that all of us has been through regarding our pets issue but don't worry be patience and give them the chance and time to review the whole minor problem.I believe "KI", would fix this issue with no time regarding our pets.