Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet's Failing To Heal

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
A big issue that comes up is: When KI releases something that you can get for crowns, and it's something super cool to have, those of us who spend the money are going to hesitate in buying it. Why? Because, like pets, other items can and do get changed, sometimes drastically, sometimes a little so that no one will notice. It's called bait and switch.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on May 16, 2014 wrote:
A big issue that comes up is: When KI releases something that you can get for crowns, and it's something super cool to have, those of us who spend the money are going to hesitate in buying it. Why? Because, like pets, other items can and do get changed, sometimes drastically, sometimes a little so that no one will notice. It's called bait and switch.
Yes, we've pretty much stopped spending crowns after getting burned on Grub prize limits, the pixie "fix", pet cast nerf, and having horrible luck with packs. My dad was like "no more". Subs are still worth it, and gear from the Crown shop is OK if you know exactly what you are getting, but anything else is just a waste. Who knows what will get "fixed" next?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I think the may cast rate isn't a fixed rate. With farming Morganthe lately I'm seeing old time heal spamming with everyone having 3-7 spritely all going same time. It appears that certain instances affect cast rate. This hasn't been on one wizard with one pet by the way. It has been on all my wizards. The Morganthe battle seems to bring out the healing spam in all the pets.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
seethe42 on May 16, 2014 wrote:
I think the may cast rate isn't a fixed rate. With farming Morganthe lately I'm seeing old time heal spamming with everyone having 3-7 spritely all going same time. It appears that certain instances affect cast rate. This hasn't been on one wizard with one pet by the way. It has been on all my wizards. The Morganthe battle seems to bring out the healing spam in all the pets.
Well, the times I and my friends have been in Morganthe, our pets never heal ..... not even once. We end up packing a ton of heals, knowing that our pets can not be relied on.

I have several pets per wizard that are supposedly excellent with heals, but alas, healing my wizards is still lacking in battles, no matter where I am in the Spiral.

Now PvP wants to have Healing Current nerfed ..... when it is going to stop?

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Well, stops with me now.

Blaming it on bad luck is laughable. Blaming it on some setting or another, albeit retaining some plausible cohesiveness to the story, doesn't quite cut it either. There is tweaking to "may", then "may" will mean "likely not". Useless traits, both snacks and time well wasted, and I am on to solid stats. End of story. Retiring my now ruined pet, and working on something that actually does what it says.

The best lessons in life are the ones you won't forget.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2013
Guys I was wondering. first I need to know how to post a new topic here and second of all I got a flying squirrel pet and idk why It didn't learn heal.any tips?

Michael Ashstaff lvl 92

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Lord of Fire on May 21, 2014 wrote:
Guys I was wondering. first I need to know how to post a new topic here and second of all I got a flying squirrel pet and idk why It didn't learn heal.any tips?

Michael Ashstaff lvl 92
To post a new topic, click on the new topic button at the top of the page in the forum you want to post in (not in a thread, in the forum).

Pet traits are randomly determined at hatching out of the pool of possible traits. From the Wizard101 Central Wiki, it looks like healing is not one of the squirrel's traits. Here is the link:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Flying_Squirrel

So If you want a squirrel that heals, you will have to hatch it with another pet that heals and hope for the best in your second (or third, fourth, etc.) generation pet.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
Has this problem been resolved? My giraffe personally hasn't been too bad with healing. Or she at least heals me at the perfect moment.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013
Sestiva 101 on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Ok, started off when after the sprite was supposedly fixed because it healed to many "spam heals" which was just fine with me....NOW the pets I've noticed have decreased dramatically in heals and I am not just talking bout the sprite...Fairy,Unicorn ect... yesterday I got up really early round 3 am couldnt sleep and for 5 hours of game play my squirrel with fairy only healed once....UHhhh whats wrong with this picture?
I have an ancient Sea Dragon, that can't heal. I thought that all pets could eventually heal you. Do they? My Sea Dragon, Lord Misty, can only cast pierce. Drives me crazy to see other pets healing.

Signed,
MorganGreenblade level 40 currently

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013
Nathan ShadowFlame on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
I have the same problem too! I was playing for around five hours also and my rain beetle didn't heal once. I first thought it was just something wrong with the beetle, so i got on my balance and decided to see if fairy would work on my harpy. Nope. Not one time did any of my pets seem to cast fairy, but I unicorn and healing current seemed to be working fine (i don't know about sprite; i don't have it on any of my pets). Please Kingsisle, fix this ASAP. I worked hard for my pets and it's all going to WASTE!
so agreed.

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
MorganGreenblade on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
I have an ancient Sea Dragon, that can't heal. I thought that all pets could eventually heal you. Do they? My Sea Dragon, Lord Misty, can only cast pierce. Drives me crazy to see other pets healing.

Signed,
not all pets heal certain pets or certain hatched pets have a chance of learning a may cast (sprite, fairy, unicorn, esc, plus other non healing spells)

Blaze FireSword lvl 72

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
MorganGreenblade on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:

Signed,
No not all pets heal. First, they have to have healing in the gene pool (which sea dragon does). But then it has to be selected out of the gene pool at hatching. If the gene did not get selected, your pet will never learn to heal.

Of course, you will never know what it can do if you do not train it with pet games and feed it good snacks to help it level up. So it may still develop spritely at Epic or Mega -- or it may not.

You can try to keep training, or you can increase your chances to get a healing pet, by hatching with other pets that already have lots of healing abilities manifested.

Neither way is there a guarantee though -- it takes time, patience, and perseverance, as well as many mega snacks, to develop a pet you find really helpful. Often it is an investment of several generations of pet hatching before you get a really good pet.

Squire
May 10, 2013
Ok, started off when after the sprite was supposedly fixed because it healed to many "spam heals" which was just fine with me....NOW the pets I've noticed have decreased dramatically in heals and I am not just talking bout the sprite...Fairy,Unicorn ect... yesterday I got up really early round 3 am couldnt sleep and for 5 hours of game play my squirrel with fairy only healed once....UHhhh whats wrong with this picture?
Don't be silly. Pet's don't "fail" to heal.
May cast healing talents are a chance.
Now, I must admit, the Flying Squirrel is a good pet without hatching.
Black Mantle, Weakness, Pain Giver!
Wow! I recommend you use a 1st gen flying squirrel.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
PlayHard101 on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
Don't be silly. Pet's don't "fail" to heal.
May cast healing talents are a chance.
Now, I must admit, the Flying Squirrel is a good pet without hatching.
Black Mantle, Weakness, Pain Giver!
Wow! I recommend you use a 1st gen flying squirrel.
And if we don't have 7500 crowns, membership, or the place to farm for it? Any other brilliant ideas?

~Luke NightTalon lvl 87

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Luke NightTallon on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
And if we don't have 7500 crowns, membership, or the place to farm for it? Any other brilliant ideas?

~Luke NightTalon lvl 87
If you got to level 87 you clearly used crowns or a membership, but that aside you don't need either to get a good pet. Hatch with someone or mix and match school and gold-bought pets to get what talents you want.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Yes! In battle, I look at my Ghost Dragon, and I'm like, "Zeus, it would be nice if you would heal me right about now."
But sometimes, Zeus heals like five times in three rounds! Once, he healed me three times in one round! This is not balanced at all and since I am a balance wizard, I like things being balanced.
So King's Isle does need to fix this.
Myna Dragoncloud, level 49 and sooo close to

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on May 17, 2014 wrote:
Well, the times I and my friends have been in Morganthe, our pets never heal ..... not even once. We end up packing a ton of heals, knowing that our pets can not be relied on.

I have several pets per wizard that are supposedly excellent with heals, but alas, healing my wizards is still lacking in battles, no matter where I am in the Spiral.

Now PvP wants to have Healing Current nerfed ..... when it is going to stop?
I can certainly relate and sympathise with everyone on this topic.
I have been trying desperately to get some sort of heal talents on some of my pets (Deep Leviathan, Tyrannosaur, Sabertooth.) but I don't get any hybrid manifesting the healing talent.
I have bought pets from the Crown shop just on the basis that they have a healing talent in their talent pool but none have manifested it.
Call me cynical, but I wonder if KI is reducing the number of pets that have the healing talent at the same time the current heal rates have been nerfed?