Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet's Failing To Heal

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2012
Professor Drake on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Greetings, students. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. As you know, fairies are capricious and unpredictable creatures. It appears that some of my recent spell research has caused the fairies to behave differently on pets than they have in the past. I did need to make changes to the frequency they were cast, as they were too disruptive to combat. But the amount their behavior has changed was unintended. Now they are not appearing nearly as much as I would like. I will endeavor to rectify their behavior promptly.

This is the only spell triggered from pets that was changed in the latest update. None of the other pet spells were affected.

Fairies cast from pets should be happening equally as often as Spritely. Rest assured I will work my considerable skills in magic to ensure this change appears quickly.
Thank you for applying your magic to this issue. Like many others, I first started working on pets in order to help my kids, and have invested countless hours and real world dollars into perfecting these pets. And even with perfect pets, there is plenty of challenge to be had in the game -- I recently solo'd Dimachaerus on my level 84 storm wizard, and needed every pet heal and spell heal and boost and cleanse charm I could muster to defeat him.

One note about sprite and fairy disrupting combat -- while it is true that heals don't *always* matter, it is not true that a sprite at full health or even a fairy at full health is never valuable. In many circumstances, a pet cast can serve to cleanse a life dispel or an infection, which can be important. I really appreciate it when my pet helps me deal with a Myth imp or Dr. Von's monster, too! If I am trying for a quick combat (e.g. while farming for gold to pay for all those hatches ), I can always equip a different pet.

Thanks,
-- Anna Dreamshard

PS. There is a large community of Wizards out there who take pleasure in helping others to succeed -- Mercs, Max Stats team, Talented Pet Hatchers, etc. So the benefits of great pets are available to anyone who is willing to work at it. I started from nothing about a year ago and through the generosity of many others, now am in a position to help the next generation.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Greetings, students. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. As you know, fairies are capricious and unpredictable creatures. It appears that some of my recent spell research has caused the fairies to behave differently on pets than they have in the past. I did need to make changes to the frequency they were cast, as they were too disruptive to combat. But the amount their behavior has changed was unintended. Now they are not appearing nearly as much as I would like. I will endeavor to rectify their behavior promptly.

This is the only spell triggered from pets that was changed in the latest update. None of the other pet spells were affected.

Fairies cast from pets should be happening equally as often as Spritely. Rest assured I will work my considerable skills in magic to ensure this change appears quickly.
I am very sorry but the transparency shines through the light hearted comedy you are trying to play this off with. The fact is the $$$$ is coming from adults and adults expect truthfull answers not playfull sarcasm. Here are the facts.

1. This spell has been in game for over a year. As such it has been carefully observed and selected specificaly for it's healing qualities and cast rate to be added to pets with our hard earned money.

2.This pet talent was introduced and over night rendered every perfect pet in the spiral obsolete. I find it hard to believe it's introduction was not a huge monetary gain to your company.

3. Now that the monetary gain has been satisfied to it's fullest extent. You choose to nerf this talent with no warning, reason or logical explanation.

I'm sorry this is very upsetting to me. As a person who deals with the general public daily, I feel you have pulled the shades down and turned the lights off to what is a very caring comunity.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
My two tiger pet does not heal me ether it's really upsetting when you are waiting for it heal in battle and it does not, and you end up dying i did not just spend hours of time and money on pet snacks for it not heal. my friend pet heals him all the time so i am not sure why my pet does not. this is problem and i thought i was the only one who had healing pet problem so i am glad i see other people also have this problem as well please fix this problem D:

noah legend 25
noah dark welider 48
Kevin light wilder 53

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
If healing pets is the problem then remove pets from PvP. You have other items slated as no for PvP, why not add pets to that list. Pets create an imbalance in the PvP world. As it stands it is (Player and pet Vs Player and pet.) not (Player vs Player)

My guess is that the "PvPers" will not like this as they will lose the ability to take high level skills trained on pets to use on lower level characters.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2010
Thank you professor Greyrose and professor Drake for looking into this situation. I myself have not noticed the change but that is because the pet I am currently using does not have fairy. I feel the same as the majority of the people here do. We've spent a lot of time and real money developing these talents and its unfortunate that a small number of people can change something for everyone just because it doesn't work with their game play. I don't PvP. I need my pets to help heal me. I'm a lvl 95 Storm and I depend on my healing pets because my health and resistance are not as good as other schools. I quest a lot by myself. There are so many kids that are just playing for fun, they don't care about PvP. They don't know how to strategize like some of the other players. They love having a healing pet to help them along the way. I hope an agreement can be reached that will satisfy most of us. Thanks again for looking into this matter.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
Sestiva 101 on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Ok, started off when after the sprite was supposedly fixed because it healed to many "spam heals" which was just fine with me....NOW the pets I've noticed have decreased dramatically in heals and I am not just talking bout the sprite...Fairy,Unicorn ect... yesterday I got up really early round 3 am couldnt sleep and for 5 hours of game play my squirrel with fairy only healed once....UHhhh whats wrong with this picture?
KingsIsle mucking around and messing up features of the game seems to be their motto for the year of 2014. Why on earth they thought if fair to mess with any of our pets talents just because a small number of PvP whiners spammed them with messages of unfair healing rates is beyond any of our understanding! If you want a pet that heals, stop putting your time and energy into complaining and use your time and energy in training your pets. Those of us with our ideal pets have spent a months and months and lots of real money creating our pets and we happily hatch with others to help them obtain their ideal pets too.

What gets me is this: Fairy Friend is an UNCOMMON talent. Spiritely is a RARE talent. Therefore the cast rate of Fairy HAS to be higher than the cast rate of Sprite. Yet I still see instances of sprite being cast more than Fairy even before they tampered with it... I have a mega Onyx Shenlong Dragon that has Guardian Wall, Proof, Defy, Fairy and Sprite, yet Sprite seems to be cast more often than Fairy. Totally wrong.

My message to the creators of the game: Stop trying to fix what doesn't need to be fixed just because some complaining PvPers don't like something, thus ruining the game for everyone else. Instead, how about you look at the arena and all the maliciousness and bad attitudes found in there. Fix them up before the rest of the game.

Also, I wanted to point out that none of this is directed to the original poster. Being on my mobile phone made it very difficult to locate the post button for me as I have just had surgery. Replying with a quote was the easiest for me. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

One very

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Thank you Cyrus for fixing the issue, I have been very disappointed recently with the fairy rating lately.
-Jasmine FireBlade

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
I have to admit Im tired of this game nerfing spells and abilities that work fine in every instance except pvp. Why do you cater to pvp above all else.. Nonsense

Survivor
Jan 26, 2012
Hmm. I hope KI does fix the problem. The pets can be very useful. But you don't need to go overboard with it. People have soloed without healing pets since really the game was first created. I myself don't have a healing pet, though I am working on it. And I can solo bosses and regular questing mobs without a problem (Save for the big time dungeon). So you don't need to get so dramatic about it, and I do honestly doubt that you spent 100k dollars on this game. A hundred dollars to a thousand i can definitely believe. Anyways, the KI are smart, they'll figure it out and fix it and astound us with their amazing game like they always have.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Cyrus Drake says: "Fairies cast from pets should be happening equally as often as Spritely"

Sorry, but that's scary. Sprite doesn't do much now, so if Fairy casts as often as Sprite, we're still in trouble when it comes to PvE, especially in the harder battles in the upper worlds.

I have PvP'd and still PvE. For PvP, yes, the over abundance of heals can be nauseating, but I would NEVER ask anything to change just for PvP, because it does affect PvE.

I too, like many others, have spent hundreds of hours and crowns putting together a huge amount of 'perfect' pets. I have hundreds of pets hanging around my various houses waiting to see if they get the ax or whether I continue to train and do future hatches with them.

I have even considered getting rid of Sprite and just have Fairy as my heal, as that was doing a bit better than Sprite at the time.

This game is for kids of all ages (yes, us older people are still kids in many ways). It should remain fun, magical and entertaining. When the game gets so much more complicated, the younger kids aren't going to be interested in continuing to play.

I'm burned out because of the ridiculousness of PvP (I don't PvP any more). I'm burned out from trying to get what I need in the game to have 'fun'. It's suppose to be an adventure, not a job. Nerfs, tweaking, convoluted gameplay, uninteresting storylines, and so much more I won't get into.

So please, KI, make sure that everyone in PvE gets what they need to have fun and enjoy the surroundings without having to worry about what else in the game is changing.

thank you!

Brynn IceBlade

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to reply on this problem. Maybe you could sprinkle some of your magic dust on players like me who are anxious for the fix to be done, and we could just chill a little while you work?

Have a very magical day!

I prefer the company of happy people who are believers in magic,
and of magical people who are believers in happy.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
It appears to me that KI is stifling pet heals especially during big boss battles to specifically encourage people to hire life henchmen to get through the battle. They just want to make a little more money.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
I really need my pets to be able to heal me. I'm very unhappy about this. I'm someone who likes to solo quest a lot and it's ruining the game for me because I'm constantly dying now. Please put may cast fairy back to where it was. I don't PvP.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
Thanks Cyrus Drake i my not notice the change yet but i think my pet still needs more training to heal faster. thank you *^*

Kevin lightwilder

Noah darkwilder

Noah legend

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009

I am so saddened by the changes with the fairy heals. I have been a member for almost as long as the game as been created. I have put alot of money and time into my pets and gear, and now with the horrific changes to fairy heals is disruptive and saddened by it. Please please bring those heals back and focus more on generating fun clothing for new looks or other needed areas.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
Prince of Shadows on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

The "whole point of the game" is to provide enjoyment and entertainment to millions of players. If you need more challenge to have fun, unequip your pet or take off some gear. Most of the kids playing the game enjoy active pets, and have put a lot of effort into getting them.

The "desired outcome of the game" is for us to want to play it.

I am well aware of what PvP is like. Healing pets have been available to everyone, so if it is frustrating for you to have your opponent's pet heal, it should be equally frustrating for them when yours does. That's fair, and there are ways to counter it. Think through the problem & find a proper solution ;)

What isn't fair is for the 98% of players in the game who don't hang out on twitter and cliquish fan sites, and who have not been considered in this "adjustment" to get their pets squashed to please a small cadre who complain endlessly about other players pets/gear/spells being overpowered. Yes, it is mostly the same small but vocal group, and yes, it is mostly from PvP.

My opinion is this would be a better game in every way if ranked PvP was removed, or at least made entirely separate, with dedicated gear & rules. But I have never asked for a PvP function to be removed or nerfed. This change, like the sprite & reshuffle nerfs, seems to have been instigated by a very small percentage of hardcore players who are not representative of the player base as a whole.
I have a few things to say my pet heals way less in spare time I play it's only healed me once everyday especially when I need it. my friend and I were doing a battle he told me his pet never heals and he was mad but one last thing live with it for a few months or weeks

Spellcaster-

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
, Sad real sad , over 4 years of playing , pet hatching , re-hatching , money spent on crowns to buy mega snacks, more money spent and you go and do this to us. please reimburse the crowns i have spent on snacks back into the account , you stole money from us who spent the time and effort on hatching and training our pets to heal like they did. so since you chose to fool around with it it is only right that you reimburse the crowns you stole from us back to the accounts or change back the heal rates to what it once was. bad publicity is never good for any company especially a gaming company.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Hello Kingsisle, I agree with fairy needing to be casted more often, but however, I also believe that unicorn should be casted by our pets just as often as sprite and unicorn. I am a bit confused though on how you would do this since it is 100% random, one of my pets casts sprite 24/7 and the other only 1 out of 700 times, than another casts it 1/10 times. Same with fairy, but unicorn is cast almost never. What my point is, is that it is all random except for the fact unicorn is almost never cast. I think that there isn't a way to fix this since it is all random. But is it possible?
Grace DreamRider 78
Pet Warlord

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
Three hours of constant play my pet casted two sprite, one fairy, and no unicorn is this the way pet heals are going to stay
It seems my pet has stopped healing
Kelsey Seastaff lvl 95Kelsey Firestaff lvl 95Kelsey Emeraldstaff lvl 95

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Are you going to let us know when you are going to actually fix the may cast fairy spell back to what it was after spending time and lots of mega snacks on them. Please please we love are pets just want them back how they were. so so much time and money and you ruin all I have done.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
Tiggs78 on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
KingsIsle mucking around and messing up features of the game seems to be their motto for the year of 2014. Why on earth they thought if fair to mess with any of our pets talents just because a small number of PvP whiners spammed them with messages of unfair healing rates is beyond any of our understanding! If you want a pet that heals, stop putting your time and energy into complaining and use your time and energy in training your pets. Those of us with our ideal pets have spent a months and months and lots of real money creating our pets and we happily hatch with others to help them obtain their ideal pets too.

What gets me is this: Fairy Friend is an UNCOMMON talent. Spiritely is a RARE talent. Therefore the cast rate of Fairy HAS to be higher than the cast rate of Sprite. Yet I still see instances of sprite being cast more than Fairy even before they tampered with it... I have a mega Onyx Shenlong Dragon that has Guardian Wall, Proof, Defy, Fairy and Sprite, yet Sprite seems to be cast more often than Fairy. Totally wrong.

My message to the creators of the game: Stop trying to fix what doesn't need to be fixed just because some complaining PvPers don't like something, thus ruining the game for everyone else. Instead, how about you look at the arena and all the maliciousness and bad attitudes found in there. Fix them up before the rest of the game.

Also, I wanted to point out that none of this is directed to the original poster. Being on my mobile phone made it very difficult to locate the post button for me as I have just had surgery. Replying with a quote was the easiest for me. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

One very
I must say you bring up a good point (as have so many people posting about this issue). The level of each talent (common, uncommon, rare, ultra rare, and epic) are proportionate to the strength and casting ability of each manifested talent. Unicorn is an epic talent (4 dots) and is cast the least often, Spritely is a rare talent (2 dots) and is cast more often than Unicorn, but in turn would be cast less often than the uncommon Fairy talent. Fairy being an uncommon talent (one dot) should in turn be cast more often than any other healing talent seen on a pet thus far. If Fairy is to be cast at the same rate as Spritely, does that mean KI intends to change Fairy to a rare talent? Will we suddenly see Fairy with a 2 dot rare status to conform to these unpresidented changes? The sting will still be felt by all of us who have put in so much time, effort, and $$$$ to develop our pets.

Ruby Blades

Survivor
May 09, 2009
DV8ONE on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
I am very sorry but the transparency shines through the light hearted comedy you are trying to play this off with. The fact is the $$$$ is coming from adults and adults expect truthfull answers not playfull sarcasm. Here are the facts.

1. This spell has been in game for over a year. As such it has been carefully observed and selected specificaly for it's healing qualities and cast rate to be added to pets with our hard earned money.

2.This pet talent was introduced and over night rendered every perfect pet in the spiral obsolete. I find it hard to believe it's introduction was not a huge monetary gain to your company.

3. Now that the monetary gain has been satisfied to it's fullest extent. You choose to nerf this talent with no warning, reason or logical explanation.

I'm sorry this is very upsetting to me. As a person who deals with the general public daily, I feel you have pulled the shades down and turned the lights off to what is a very caring comunity.
I could not agree more! Adult players would think this asnwer to be, at least, silly!

This spell has been on pets for a while, and you just needed to stay at the hatchery for a minute to see that all players were investing their money on pets and hatches and mega ffod to raise pets with the fairy trait among others.

We all watched the spell being casted by other players, and knew the frequency and effects. And that was the reason we decided to invest on it.

The way that the pet healing is right now, it is complete useless. I have played my healing pets and not been healed once in hours - and the pet has fairy, sprite and unicorn! Not one heal!!

If that was the rate I have seen from the beginning, I would never have invested on the trait, and I would not have used ral $$$ to buy all the pets, snacks, magma peas to hatch and raise the them.

It is irritating and upsetting.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
sophia spellforge on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Dear Prof Drake,

Can you please clarify your response I would like to make sure I understand. Are you saying that the cast rate for fairy will equal the cast rate for sprite? As there have been "tweaks" to the cast rate of sprite in the past, I am assuming that fairy now will reflect the cast rate as sprite is now and not as its has been in the past.

If the answer to my question above is yes, then how do wizards go about getting refunds for their pets as there is no difference between the 2 talents from a casting rate perspective and as such there would have been no reason for a wizard to add fairy to their pets when they had sprite.

Regards
Sophia
That is the part of the statement that concerns me also.

I have been working over the past few weeks to get Fairy Friend into my pets because Sprite fell to the way side.

Mary

Survivor
Dec 07, 2012
K I when i was told the fairy healing ratio from the pet has been decreased. it made me want to trash my ghost because the ghost barely heals anyway. That was my first successful pet to have fairy and now he only heals once in a long while(lucky enough he saves me from dying).

Plus, i was also told the ratio dropped because wizards in pvp kept losing and/or having long battles due to the opponents pet healing more than ONCE. To be honest it came from mostly storm wizards because they can't spam successfully in a pvp match.

I have no argument over it, just wondering why would you listen to complaining wizards who don't know how to take a loss in a pvp match. And i know you wouldn't just drop the ratio because you felt like it.

Wolf Moonshard/ Wolf Sky

95 Death and currently 59 balance

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
Thank you Kingsisle I am so happy you have made this change, may cast fairy was out of control, now pvp and pve are going to be more about skill and so much more rewarding.

I am a 1600 rated warlord and pets were carrying people to far, I understand some people are upset because they spent time and money to exploit a mechanic that was out of control, but they should have to do the work not the pet.

Pets are meant to assist and give small boosts, like 9% damage, but not completely heal a player to full health because they have 2 damage spells spinning around them and a lot of healing boost gear.

Again, thank you for making this change and renewing my faith in the wonderful world of wizard101.