Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet's Failing To Heal

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
Ok, started off when after the sprite was supposedly fixed because it healed to many "spam heals" which was just fine with me....NOW the pets I've noticed have decreased dramatically in heals and I am not just talking bout the sprite...Fairy,Unicorn ect... yesterday I got up really early round 3 am couldnt sleep and for 5 hours of game play my squirrel with fairy only healed once....UHhhh whats wrong with this picture?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Just bad luck. Also pets don't trigger healing as much if you are solo fighting. That's just because there are less possible triggers. With a party of 4 you have 4 times as many spells and 4x the pet actions that can trigger it, that's why it works so much more in party battles.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
Sestiva 101 on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Ok, started off when after the sprite was supposedly fixed because it healed to many "spam heals" which was just fine with me....NOW the pets I've noticed have decreased dramatically in heals and I am not just talking bout the sprite...Fairy,Unicorn ect... yesterday I got up really early round 3 am couldnt sleep and for 5 hours of game play my squirrel with fairy only healed once....UHhhh whats wrong with this picture?
I have the same problem too! I was playing for around five hours also and my rain beetle didn't heal once. I first thought it was just something wrong with the beetle, so i got on my balance and decided to see if fairy would work on my harpy. Nope. Not one time did any of my pets seem to cast fairy, but I unicorn and healing current seemed to be working fine (i don't know about sprite; i don't have it on any of my pets). Please Kingsisle, fix this ASAP. I worked hard for my pets and it's all going to WASTE!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Sestiva 101 on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Add energizing battery to that list. I have a bunny that used to cast it more now then then, now it's once in 3 hours of game play.

We have had mixed results with Spritely - we do seem to have a few pets that still cast it but others that do not ever.

Ugh

Mary

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
The latest update seems to have lowered the cast rate of Fairy. The one before reduced Spritely. Please stop messing with our pets! Most players are trying to survive questing through worlds & like active healing pets.

Why do things that help us keep getting nerfed? and with no explanation. Bad move.

Administrator
We are reviewing the recent changes to some of the May Cast Healing pet spells. Please be patient while we evaluate the changes again, and determine any additional adjustments that may need to be made.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I've noticed this was asked about in another thread, in a different forum...

I have about 20 pets that have Fairy friend between my 4 accounts.
I know there's no guarentee of the pet casing, but on about 10 of them, there's Fairy, Spritely and Unicorn.
Up until about a week or so ago, my Fairy Friend, on all my pets cast constantly, almost too often...lol

This past week or so, the spell has only cast about 15 times throughout the 4 accounts.

Maybe it's not a bug or a glitch, but I think when a pet goes from casting about 3-4 times in a quick fight, and too many to count in a long one...
To casting once every 50-60 fights is a little off.

Is there a problem with the Fairy Friend spell??

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
The last update notes said that "minor adjustments were made to the cast rate of fairy friend",
but they seem to be "Major adjustments"

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
Just to confirm Professor Greyrose, is it just the Fairy Friend talent or other talents as well that were adjusted?

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
Well my pets aren't casting fairy, and that makes me want to cry. I spent a lot of time and money getting the talents and now KI chose to take it away from me....not fair

Survivor
Oct 30, 2009
i am really upset i worked really hard on my healing pets and now it seems they got turned down way to far . im sorry if my next comment upsets anyone .but i have to say it it seems to me there are more non pvp player then their are pvp in total ,but everytime the pvp players dont like something us non pvp player pay for it that is totally one sided and unfair what about us who alot play solo we need those heals maybe not so often . come on ki remember your pve players are here as well changes shouldnt be based on one group alone we lost wild bolt being as strong as it was because of pvp now healing as well that just isnt fair not to menchen with the new higher lvls we need those heals or we might as well forget soloing . its time to remember there are 2 sides to every coin.

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
OMG same here!!! My Christmas seraph, fairy etc. Got a healing talent (unicorn) when she was teen. She got ANOTHER when she was an adult (Fairy). I used her on my main char the one I trained her on for a bit and she healed like crazy! Then I got bored of her and sent her to my storm, my low lvl warlord. She equipped her and, I played for about 3:00 in the afternoon to 8:00 at night. She only used the unicorn once, no fairy though.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Please put sprite and fairy back the way they used to be. I didn't put all that time and work and money into getting healing pets only to have them not heal. A certain little hardcore Pvp clique is going to whine that everything is overpowered no matter what you do, so why even bother trying to please them? The rest of us who play for fun want our pets the way they have been.

It isn't fair to ruin things we have paid and worked for. The complainers who won't bother to get good pets themselves and are jealous should not be allowed to force unwanted changes on the rest of us.

Thanks

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Most of the money I have spent in this game has been for pet snacks, seeds to grow pet snacks, and energy to garden & train. I've spent hundreds of hours and goodness knows how much real money to get pets with sprite and fairy. Now they are not working the way they used to. That is not OK.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Thank you so very much, Professor Greyrose.
For all of those wondering if Fairy Friend is being affected, from my experiences, I believe it is. I have a pet who will constantly heal me with Fairy. This pet amazes me to no end sometimes. However, recently, I've been getting very few Fairies; this is to the point that I'm getting more Unicorns than Fairies overall! Unicorn is more rare for a pet to cast than Fairy, for all of those who did not know. So I do believe that there is a problem with the talent Fairy Friend. I do hope this problem is sorted out soon.
Best of luck~!

~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I spent s.o much money and time on my pets to get the heals and you take it away. Whats next gear. .you going to take that away too. What are you doing? I have 2 accounts 12 wizards over 20 pets with heal, You have ruined them all. Do we get a refund for time and monet we spent on them?

Survivor
Jan 01, 2014
Hi Shannon they did indeed to something to the may cast fairy ..It was on Januarys update notes ...

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Ok you reduced the rate of heal on may cast heals wow.What is next take resist from pets too.May be take my gera away with incoming heal boost . played 6 hours with my pet that has unicorn spirit and fairy it healed me just once with spirit all that time. I was playing with 3 and 4 other wizards. Help help help wizard101 what a sad day this is for us with heal pets.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Please Please put are healing pets back like they where. We spent tons of money and time getting them to heal. Can you explain why you changed them . All of us do not understand.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
Prince of Shadows on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
The latest update seems to have lowered the cast rate of Fairy. The one before reduced Spritely. Please stop messing with our pets! Most players are trying to survive questing through worlds & like active healing pets.

Why do things that help us keep getting nerfed? and with no explanation. Bad move.
The whole point of a game is to present a challenge, and players should think through problems to find proper solutions. To have yourself healed for 500+ health for absolutely no drawback is not strategic, nor is any thought required. The whole idea of may cast pet heals were established to be small perks, but to have your fairy go off constantly was most likely not intentional in the first place.

"Things that help us" get nerfed because the 'help' does not correspond with the desired outcome of this game, and so there is certainly a proper explanation. As for "Bad move", there are certainly many who do not agree with this update, but this was probably aimed mainly towards PvP, since in case you aren't aware, it is extremely frustrating to have your opponent revive themselves OUT OF TURN for no pip penalty.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Same here all 20 of my heal pets are useless now. Will they fix it . Spend so much money and time getting them now they are useless. I did hades dungeon pet only healed once the entire dungeon and that was spiritely. my pet has unicorn and fairy the never healed me. Why did they change how they heal any answers out there? Poor sad worthless pet now. And yes you broke my grand kids hearts .There pets do not heal. Just Grampa here venting. I play with the grands a lot . They are now wanting to quit what a sad day for wizard.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Sent my grands gift cards for Christmas so they could get and raise pets mostly for heal . Gandaughter and grandson where so excited when they got heals on there pets . Well there pets no longer heal . They both said to me tonight after we played and I saw that there pets not heal '.They both say grampa they stole are pets. How cruel can this game get to do that to them. Like my granddaughter said the game has lost the magic and fun.The damage is done they do not care to play anymore.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2011
When fairy came out many people decided to add this talent as a base talent and re-did most of their existing pets. This took an enormous amount of effort, time and in some cases money, but no-one complained. After this, I cant help but think if new talents are introduced, will they be changed in the future, thus negating all our efforts. This has been a bad move.

The thing that is more worrisome for me, is that there are many young wizards that have patiently hatched, farmed and re-hatched for the fairy talent so it can help them quest. How does a parent explain to their young kids that their pet will no longer heal them?

Pls change the cast rate back for the healing talents, and if it is such a problem for pvp, increase the may cast infection talent, or others to negate fairy if it is such a concern

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
nathan 23355 on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
I spent s.o much money and time on my pets to get the heals and you take it away. Whats next gear. .you going to take that away too. What are you doing? I have 2 accounts 12 wizards over 20 pets with heal, You have ruined them all. Do we get a refund for time and monet we spent on them?
Nathan,
Professor Greyrose already said they were lookign into it, and asked us to be patient.

We've all spent countless hundreds of hours,a nd millions of coins on our pets, getting them where we want them.

KI has already responded, and are working on the problem.
Have faith and patience, I'm sure they will fix this issue.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
SkyBreaker100 on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
The whole point of a game is to present a challenge, and players should think through problems to find proper solutions. To have yourself healed for 500+ health for absolutely no drawback is not strategic, nor is any thought required. The whole idea of may cast pet heals were established to be small perks, but to have your fairy go off constantly was most likely not intentional in the first place.

"Things that help us" get nerfed because the 'help' does not correspond with the desired outcome of this game, and so there is certainly a proper explanation. As for "Bad move", there are certainly many who do not agree with this update, but this was probably aimed mainly towards PvP, since in case you aren't aware, it is extremely frustrating to have your opponent revive themselves OUT OF TURN for no pip penalty.
Welcome to the forum.

The "whole point of the game" is to provide enjoyment and entertainment to millions of players. If you need more challenge to have fun, unequip your pet or take off some gear. Most of the kids playing the game enjoy active pets, and have put a lot of effort into getting them.

The "desired outcome of the game" is for us to want to play it.

I am well aware of what PvP is like. Healing pets have been available to everyone, so if it is frustrating for you to have your opponent's pet heal, it should be equally frustrating for them when yours does. That's fair, and there are ways to counter it. Think through the problem & find a proper solution ;)

What isn't fair is for the 98% of players in the game who don't hang out on twitter and cliquish fan sites, and who have not been considered in this "adjustment" to get their pets squashed to please a small cadre who complain endlessly about other players pets/gear/spells being overpowered. Yes, it is mostly the same small but vocal group, and yes, it is mostly from PvP.

My opinion is this would be a better game in every way if ranked PvP was removed, or at least made entirely separate, with dedicated gear & rules. But I have never asked for a PvP function to be removed or nerfed. This change, like the sprite & reshuffle nerfs, seems to have been instigated by a very small percentage of hardcore players who are not representative of the player base as a whole.