Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet's Failing To Heal

AuthorMessage
Administrator
As of February 12 2014, the pet spell "May Cast Fairy" will cast with the same frequency as the pet spell "Spritely".

For more information about the updates, visit https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/minor-game-updates-february-2014-8ad6a418440156c801442271fc1b3ce9

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 26, 2013
you either changed the spritely or its still broken because now non of my pets on either of my accounts are casting anything at all, did 3 hades runs and one pet casted spritely once, and nothing else all 3 runs this is not working.

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
As of February 12 2014, the pet spell "May Cast Fairy" will cast with the same frequency as the pet spell "Spritely".

For more information about the updates, visit https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/minor-game-updates-february-2014-8ad6a418440156c801442271fc1b3ce9
Yay thank you Professor Greyrose , I am finally Glad that when someone gets hit, the pet doesn't use 3-4 fairies back to back lol, and this will help PvP battles go a little Quicker lol

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
I have quested for 5 hours today with both wizards side by side and I charted all of my FF and all heals. One wizard has five heals, fairy, sprite, energizer, bat thing, unicorn, other one has unicorn, energizer and fairy. During my charting time no fairy cast, sprite hit 2 times , bat 1 time, unicorn 1 time (that was 5 healer pet) and during these battles my other wizard no fairy, unicorn 2 times, energizer 1 time. I talked a friend who did get a few hits from her FF, please advise is my situation the norm now for Wizard101. All battles were in the the newest K land, and dungeons etc. I let my fire wizard almost die to see if it made a difference how low they would get, still no healing. All I can say is I am disappointed in the fix, if this is it.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
I"m sorry, but that's not good enough! Rate of heals needs to return to their original heal rate, and KI needs to stop messing with healing rates all together. I've spent a huge amount of $$, Hours, Research, Effort, to understand and create a decent pet. I've spent hundreds on Magma Pea gardens to produce the amount of mega snacks needed to raise and level these pets. Now that I'm fully invested, you want to change the rules. This isn't a little "tweak" or tune to the game. You have changed the dynamics of all my pets, now i need to reevaluate the talents selected for each of my pets and rebuild them all. Besides, if Fairy is Uncommon and Sprite is Rare, how can the heal rate be the same?

I don't want to believe you've done this for money, I have loved playing this game but man, I just don't know what your thinking. Things like this? Seriously, things like this is why people quit the game.

Survivor
May 06, 2012
plz kingsisle fix the fairy healing. i need to quest and its getting harder for me to quest without a questing pet to help me my pet has spritely, fairy and healing current, unicorn and lifebats. those talents arent working at all either when i quest but barely. when i do pvp my pet always heals at least once me or my teammates but it doesn't heal at all now. thank you for taking the time to read this as we give feedback on this extremely massive problem in the game.
~ Blaze Dragonblade, - lvl 90

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I agree fairy heal cast rate is not what we had .We spent time and money for the cast rate we had before. Cast still not close to what we had.KI get it back please.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
LorieGirl2 on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
I"m sorry, but that's not good enough! Rate of heals needs to return to their original heal rate, and KI needs to stop messing with healing rates all together. I've spent a huge amount of $$, Hours, Research, Effort, to understand and create a decent pet. I've spent hundreds on Magma Pea gardens to produce the amount of mega snacks needed to raise and level these pets. Now that I'm fully invested, you want to change the rules. This isn't a little "tweak" or tune to the game. You have changed the dynamics of all my pets, now i need to reevaluate the talents selected for each of my pets and rebuild them all. Besides, if Fairy is Uncommon and Sprite is Rare, how can the heal rate be the same?

I don't want to believe you've done this for money, I have loved playing this game but man, I just don't know what your thinking. Things like this? Seriously, things like this is why people quit the game.

Kings Isle, I have to agree with this. I have spent lots of money on training my pets, and gardens and magma peas to get fairy on my pets, now you tweak, not right! You need to fix!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Ok KI I raised my pet to get fairy a uncommon trait so the time and money I spent is wasted now because you changed it to a rare triat so it will not heal much wow wow . The big point is the money and time we lost. We raised to get fairy for the heal now you take it away. What next take punch from our gear?

Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
I am just saying, here. Pets seem to be casting Fairy fairly well now, with the update they did this Feb 12. Also, I'd like to just add to it. Seeing as how some players are still complaining about how low the rate of casting it is, still. All I have to say, seeing as how most of us think pretty much the same way when it comes to PvP and finding ways to better our odds in battle. Even if Fairy had been casting at low rates from the beginning, I know many who are complaining about the time, effort, money, yeah. Which is understandable. I know you would have most likely, still, spent all that time training pets to how you have them now. Thant's how it was with Unicorn. I doubt anything would have changed, the outcome would have still been the same, most likely.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
This is STILL not good enough! For 2 years I have spent around $10,000 on the game, spent 16 hours a day on it questing and training pets.

Why is this not good enough? Simple: FairyFriend is an UNCOMMON talent. Spritely is a RARE talent.

For all the Lemmings happy with the way they've handled this change, congratulations for being so happy on something that should never have been touched in the first place! KI, you have gotten it wrong again! Stop listening to the very few whiners of PvP who are too lazy to train their pets and start acting for the greater of the entire wizarding community, Questers and Hatchers alike!

Those who complain about pets with their spam healing obviously PvP and want to stop people who have worked hard and spent real money on their pets from reaping the benefits of their hard work. You don't have to spend money to get really good healing pets. All you need to do is spend time on training and hatching your pets. It can take MONTHS to create the Ideal pet! Time and patience, people.

While I'm at it, PvP whiners have also ruined the game with the introduction of Shadow Magic. What use is it to bother with gear we have fought hard for or spent money for when the resist isn't even needed anymore?! Those of you who complained about Ices immunity, I have 1 word for you: CONVERTS. A very easy way to get around those immunities. But no, instead you have tipped the balance of PvP to all level 95s (Myself included) making it an extremely unfair advantage in the game now. We will strike hard and fast before you get the chance to get a spell off. You can shield all you like, they mean nothing to Shadow Sheik. That's your own doing.

A very disgruntled Wizard who will not play past February 20th when my membership runs out. I'm through giving this company money when they get it wrong so often.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
We are reviewing the recent changes to some of the May Cast Healing pet spells. Please be patient while we evaluate the changes again, and determine any additional adjustments that may need to be made.
Thanks Professor Greyrose, I noticed that the night hawk dose not cast spritely because I battled about 6 4v4 pvp battles and it did not cast it once. please fix ASAP

Survivor
Aug 25, 2011
I am very disappointed. Yesterday I spent 5 hours on the game 3+hours solid battle time. I didn't get any fairy friend, a few unicorns and sprites. If I knew this was going to happen I would not have wasted hours of boring training and farming for mega snacks to add FF to my pets. This is ridiculous. The reason I quit playing Lord of the Rings was because at the higher levels you can't play solo and sometimes I want to play solo. With FF I could. Whatever you did, did not make FF cast the same as spritely. It doesn't cast at all.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Tiggs78 on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
This is STILL not good enough! For 2 years I have spent around $10,000 on the game, spent 16 hours a day on it questing and training pets.

Why is this not good enough? Simple: FairyFriend is an UNCOMMON talent. Spritely is a RARE talent.

For all the Lemmings happy with the way they've handled this change, congratulations for being so happy on something that should never have been touched in the first place! KI, you have gotten it wrong again! Stop listening to the very few whiners of PvP who are too lazy to train their pets and start acting for the greater of the entire wizarding community, Questers and Hatchers alike!

Those who complain about pets with their spam healing obviously PvP and want to stop people who have worked hard and spent real money on their pets from reaping the benefits of their hard work. You don't have to spend money to get really good healing pets. All you need to do is spend time on training and hatching your pets. It can take MONTHS to create the Ideal pet! Time and patience, people.

While I'm at it, PvP whiners have also ruined the game with the introduction of Shadow Magic. What use is it to bother with gear we have fought hard for or spent money for when the resist isn't even needed anymore?! Those of you who complained about Ices immunity, I have 1 word for you: CONVERTS. A very easy way to get around those immunities. But no, instead you have tipped the balance of PvP to all level 95s (Myself included) making it an extremely unfair advantage in the game now. We will strike hard and fast before you get the chance to get a spell off. You can shield all you like, they mean nothing to Shadow Sheik. That's your own doing.

A very disgruntled Wizard who will not play past February 20th when my membership runs out. I'm through giving this company money when they get it wrong so often.
I personally am not falling for this. Spritely was reduced on all our pets and now Fairy Friend has been adjusted to that same rate? We were set up - they reduced one then the other. Most of my Spritely pets are no longer casting spritely at all, is that the rate you want for Fairy Friend? There is a lot less work involved in getting Spritely. Do I have to play 10 hours straight to see one healing MC? I finally find a pet to hatch a few times to get Fairy Friend into my pets and now they pull the rug out from under me.

I am becoming Very disappointed in the direction this game chooses to take as it sets in to adjust things that were seeming there to stay and this isn't the first and surely not the last thing that we are being forced to work around or with out. Getting many settled into a trait that was actually useful and then take it away?

It's past time to separate PVP from PVE. I am tired of changes being made in the game because of PVP. If as it seems this is a valuable part of the game fix that but don't involve the entire game.

I don't thing anything will change once it's been done though (Spritely, Reshuffle etc.). Other things in the game that aggravated many have not been why should this be any different - they put up with the wave of angry and then forge ahead with how it was.

Mary

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:

This does not solve anything. Spritely, Unicorn, Fairy, Healing current are all different healing talents that have nothing to do with each other. I realize people in PVP would like healing pets to go away or stop healing as much, but that's what the talents for. That is what I spent countless crown and hours and hatching's trying to get. What if I said I don't like their resist ? Would you take that away from the pets as well because its the same thing.
When I first went into PVP and someone had a healing pet I didn't think to come here and complain instead I tried to figure out a way to get a pet that did what theirs did. That was very smart of that person to figure out that was offered in a pet and take the time to do it. And I did just that. So for those who do not like our healing pets then go make one. Or stop complaining. I realize its a little late now to say anything as you have already changed the frequency of the talent. And I'm sure people think I wont notice how often my pet uses its talents but I will and I spent a really long time making a pet perform these action by doing what KI intended for the pet to do. I cant believe you actually took away the frequency of our talents. Spritely and Fairy are not the same and should not be treated as so. Why cant you say Im sorry to the PVP people and let them go figure out a way to counter act that talent like dispel life maybe? Thats what PVP is figuring out how to beat the opponent not go freaking out to the game makers
Sadly it seems it worked and what message does this send to kids? I certainly don't want my daughter whining to you when she to can figure out how mt beat others. The thoughts from a mother who has played from the very beginning. Lets keep the game in .. Make a pet that casts Dispel life as much as Sprite and other healing talents

Thank you....( Happy Valentines Day)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
So KI you ruined my pets. They are not the way they were at all. The may cast heals are useless.

Ok so the rumor is your going to take resist from my pets. My resist pets be no good too wow KI. More money and time spent healing gone .Help Help

Survivor
Mar 28, 2011
Why I even bother to post here is beyond me...Fairy Friend is NOT "fixed" on ANY of my pets -.- It is still NOT casting at any acceptable rate. I did 60 turns while making cards last night in Unicorn way and my myth damage pet with FF as the ONLY heal on it cast one time...ONE TIME! I've also fought ice and fire mobs in Azteca, solo and with others, and gotten ONE fairy in over 20 fights on my death damage pet with FF as the ONLY heal on it. Seriously KI?

I'm sure, no matter how much we protest, you will not do any further adjustments. Therefore, I am off and away to find other games where I don't have to invest time and money to have it all dashed (To destroy or wreck) by you

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
You know, it seems like we went through all this not too long ago, perhaps with updates around the time of Azteca?

Anyway, there were multiple posts about how pets were healing a lot less -- I started one of two of them, and added my two cents to several others. It seems things improved slightly since then, but not back to where they used to be.

KI, why do you feel the need to mess with the pet abilities? They were absolutely great, back when pets were helpful companions who healed regularly and who even helped prevent excessive damage before it got started. We have worked hard to pay for and train our pets to be useful fun companions! Don't steal the fruit of our labor from us!

Perhaps there are a few grumblers out there in PVP land, who do not want to take the time and effort to raise good pets, so they keep losing to people who do take the time and effort. But don't reward the lazy ones for being lazy! Reward the people who work for their rewards, and rightly so.

Return our pets to their full and wonderful well-trained and helpful status, Please, Please, Please!

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
I personally think that it shouldn't be nearly as easy as it is for wizards to get there pets to have like 2 powerful resists, 2 great healing spells and a power boost. It's sort of ridiculous, makes it way easier for lower class wizards to compete with higher class wizards.
And by that I mean a level 50 Wizard Vs. a level 90 wizard. I had to work hard for my stats, crafting, more crafting, gardening to get reagents, defeating bosses like 30-50 times to get drops, more crafting. It's crazy all the work I had to put into getting my stats.
Now I see wizards at like level 65 and they have better stats than me because of there pet, its a bit discouraging. Just saying :)

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
I also spent a lot of money on my pets. I still have yet to see healing on them. Now without healing pets, I will not be able to do tower of the helephant, the squid boss in Aquila, cheating bosses like belloq, ghost dog, and others. This saddens me cause because like others here, I have poured a alot of time, money, and gold into making my pets. I have hatched with countless people so they can improve their pets, farmed and had to start all over when pets failed. Alot of our heart and soul went into making our pets so they can keep us alive. I am very disheartened and considering cancelling memberships and not buying crowns for the countless energy elixirs i buy or anymore seeds for that matter. What's the use, I can't even stay alive anymore against these bosses even with crafted armor so the game is no longer fun. I have lost that desire to continue questing. If you fix our pets back to the way they were then I would be more inclined to keep spending here but for now there is no real reason. The motivation is gone. At least give us a refund of crowns spent on raising our pets.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
BalancedBe on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
I personally think that it shouldn't be nearly as easy as it is for wizards to get there pets to have like 2 powerful resists, 2 great healing spells and a power boost. It's sort of ridiculous, makes it way easier for lower class wizards to compete with higher class wizards.
And by that I mean a level 50 Wizard Vs. a level 90 wizard. I had to work hard for my stats, crafting, more crafting, gardening to get reagents, defeating bosses like 30-50 times to get drops, more crafting. It's crazy all the work I had to put into getting my stats.
Now I see wizards at like level 65 and they have better stats than me because of there pet, its a bit discouraging. Just saying :)
You clearly have never made such a pet if you think it's easy. There are no pets that just come with all those talents. They all must but trained, hatched and trained again and again and again. It takes hundreds of hatches to get all the talents you want onto the pet you want. There's NOTHING easy about it at all. If it's so easy, then why don't you have one? All the talents you speak of are available from non-crown pets. It's so easy, you say, go make one. Pet hatching takes a lot more work than crafting or farming for items. Hatching involves farming for pets, training, farming or gardening for seeds/snacks, and I laugh at your 30-50 fights for a drop. Come talk to me after you've done 100 hatches and let's see where you are with your "easy" pet.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
i am not sure how it works on 4 player teams now, but for a solo player healing pets have become useless. Is this another attempt to force people to team up? May i suggest to keep the healing as it was, but instead make it so your pets healing is only affected by actions you do or what the opponent do against you. that way the pet will have the same heals both in solo an on team ( and they dont spam healing when others are attacked) and i may also suggest removing pets completely from pvp as they got nothing to do there. pvp is about skill and strategy, not about any advantages you can get over others because you have a superpet.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2012
After the new update where fairy friend is meant to cast the same as spritely my pet has been going off. In a 4v4 pvp match the other day, my pet healed me 4times in a row.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
I have a pet that has 'may cast' unicorn and fairy. however i use it and i have not seen either except for fairy once about a month ago, granted i used the pet for that entire day but that is still way too low if it is supposed to cast as often as spritely. My brother has a pet that casts spritely and i have seen his cast way more then mine casts both unicorn and fairy combined. Why is it you (kingsisle) will not respond to our questions asking why it isn't properly working? It honestly does seem that PVP is the main focus of the game and that they get to call the shots. We are also paying costumers so why wont you listen?

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
I was in the hatchery a little while ago. I had a pet on with proof, defy, storm ward, fire ward, and myth ward. A kid with a group of pvp people called my pet cheap. When I asked what he meant by that, he started to whine about how unfair my pet was and I got really upset because of the money I poured into it by hatching, elixirs, seeds, farming for gold to hatch, fails, etc. Now I have a lot of pets that I raised with fairy only to have it nerfed and supposedly fixed but not, is this something I have to worry about now? When is enough whining enough? Will my crowns, time, and effort be lost if I continue to make "cheap" ward pets? The game is quickly becoming un fun.
Sorry just had to rant.