Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet's Failing To Heal

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
sophia spellforge on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Dear Prof Drake,

Can you please clarify your response I would like to make sure I understand. Are you saying that the cast rate for fairy will equal the cast rate for sprite? As there have been "tweaks" to the cast rate of sprite in the past, I am assuming that fairy now will reflect the cast rate as sprite is now and not as its has been in the past.

If the answer to my question above is yes, then how do wizards go about getting refunds for their pets as there is no difference between the 2 talents from a casting rate perspective and as such there would have been no reason for a wizard to add fairy to their pets when they had sprite.

Regards
Sophia
What makes everyone so entitled to getting refunded because something was casting at an "unintended" rate, I spent just as much time and money as everyone else and yet I understand that it was an imbalance to the spiral.

Fairy is an instant heal, sprite is a heal over time spell they are different in their core, but there was no reason for fairy to cast as much as it did. I could go away from my keyboard in boss fights and not worry about losing because I have 50% damage reduction, healing boost, and may cast fairy. This was a seriously broken game mechanic. When a wizard can win just by investing in a pet, when a talent is so good that is needed in all pets, when it limits creativity because you HAVE TO have it, it needs to be changed.

Thank you for changing fairy friend

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
I completely agree with you. Pets should heal more often when soloing.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Dear Ki,

" Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. "
- Donald Porter, V.P. British Airways.

"Make your product easier to buy than your competition, or you will find your customers buying from them, not you."
-Mark Cuban

"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Professor Drake on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Greetings, students. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. As you know, fairies are capricious and unpredictable creatures. It appears that some of my recent spell research has caused the fairies to behave differently on pets than they have in the past. I did need to make changes to the frequency they were cast, as they were too disruptive to combat. But the amount their behavior has changed was unintended. Now they are not appearing nearly as much as I would like. I will endeavor to rectify their behavior promptly.

This is the only spell triggered from pets that was changed in the latest update. None of the other pet spells were affected.

Fairies cast from pets should be happening equally as often as Spritely. Rest assured I will work my considerable skills in magic to ensure this change appears quickly.
My pets are not healing in pvp or in questing, I have seen 2 heals in the last 6 hours. Please let it go back to how it was.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Frost Wind on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Thank you very much professor. It is reassuring to have some specific news. While most of us are not happy with any reductions to may-cast rates, what was much more troubling in this case was a sense that these decisions were being made absent of player input, without consideration of our concerns, and without a clear statement of intent from KI. Unfortunately this has been a pattern in the past, leaving many players wondering if any investment of time and crowns is safe.

Of course we understand the complexity of the game programs, and the time needed to get things right. In the past the base rate of Fairy was about the same as Spritely. If the end result will be Fairy casting at the current Spritely rate, I think most players will accept this.

I appreciate you taking the time to update us. Better communication on the details of changes like this will help them go over more smoothly with the community.
We all appreciate the hard work spent into this awesome game that we all enjoy so much, but my pets hardly sprite as it is so I have spent many months eliminating this trait to gain fairy. In the past 6 hours my pets have healed me twice which is upsetting. For most of us that do pvp likes our healing pets to help counter act the awesome hades gear that is out there. Please consider changing back the fairy heal in all areas.

Thank you for always taking the time to read your thoughts and suggestions.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Autumn127612511 on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
I have multiple wizards and most of my pets have fairy friend. I have spent a great deal of money ( buying emps and couch potatoes to get mega snacks, as well as mega snack packs oh and let's not forget having to buy extra energy to farm all those plants). This does not even account for the huge amount of time required to finding a good pet and get it trained to mega. Now after all this work, they have adjusted the healing rate. It appears like they have adjusted it to almost zero

Why would they do this Who is it fair too

If you are into pets, you are constantly going to be finding and training new ones always in search of that perfect pet. KI who are you helping by doing this, certainly not the players. A few people who play pvp and complain because their pets don't heal as well as someone elses? A few people complain and we all suffer and I would be willing to bet these are the same ones that are sore losers and pout when they don't win.

Please KI, review this change that you made and change it back. If you are on a solo quest with a boss that has major health, even with healing spells, you need a pet that can cast fairy, otherwise you spend most of your time healing and not fighting the boss.
I totally agree, we have spent a great deal of money on our pets to have what we have purchased to be taken away.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Northlite on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
If they adjust this will it be slightly or back to where it was? It's been my experience that once something has been tinkered with it's never the same again.

I know I put a lot of time into getting Spritely into my pets over time and now they are useless. With Halloween I was introduced to Energizing Bunny which doesn't seem to work now. Hours of game play and no healing makes pet a decoration now.

Mary
I don't understand why Ki would mess around with our pet traits, most all has invested a great deal of time and money into them. Why else would people such as myself purchase all those mega snacks to raise a pet................... it's for the better traits to help win in tourney or pvp among any battle. They need to focus on why the game crashes or other technical issues, and leave our pet healing alone.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
My pets still not casting fairy. Wizard do this to get us to buy life henchmen? Please inform us if this will be fixed . So we know if we should renew memeberships.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
I agree that PVP should be seperate for pets as well. Why mess with a pets talent just to satisfy PVP players when so many of us don't even PVP. Are we not important as well??? Instead of messing with the talents why don't you make PVP ONLY pets. Meaning special pets that can ONLY be used in PVP that have their own seperate talents that can be trained and used. Vendors already sell PVP pets so just tweek it so that those are the only pets that can be used in PVP and have certain talents that will be acceptable for your PVP players. It's something to think about rather than catering only to PVP players by taking away things that non PVP players use and love.

Thanks.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Professor Drake, I think your fairies are in revolt or have truly become corrupted dark fairies from Unicorn Way. They have captured all the unicorns and sprites and are holding them captive somewhere. They’ve also become electrical engineers and changed the physics of the Healing Currents. I think your dark magic has wrought far more than you intended.
While I appreciate that you are checking into this and intend to fix the mess, I question why we have to keep revisiting the subject of healing pets. People have spent years, hours day in and out, and lots of real dollars to get the healing pets they want. We do this because we want to play a fun game that is relaxing and entertaining for all. We don’t do it because we want more challenge in our lives. Kids especially like healing pets. My young son rarely had a heal in his deck, not because he didn’t need one, but because he did not think about one…even long before he had a pet with a heal. Young kids just like to see the big attacks and are not always the best strategists. They know the value of a healing pet.
I have to agree (also suggested in the past) that it is time that KI rethink the PVP aspect of this game. To have one vocal group be so detrimental to the overall gameplay so continually is just wrong. While I understand PVP brings a lot of revenue to KI as well, there must be a better way to incorporate it in their overall game design without continually causing problems in PVE play (yes I have PVP'd). PVE players don’t ask for changes in this spell or that spell because it is overpowered or because I can’t beat that. PVE players need and enjoy the spells and pet talents that have been put into the game because it makes the game fun and magical. If these spells are so detrimental for PVP, eliminate them from PVP, not PVE. So why not prohibit healing pets from PVP? That way, those that do designer pets for PVP can work on their quad damage or critical pets and just stop worrying about healing altogether.

Jan 18, 2011
As a dad I really hope you reconsider your changes to the pet heal I have two kids and a wife that play. We have been playing for 5 to 6 years. all the work we have put in to pets to get them to heal so our kids can play with out dieing and enjoy the game is well crazy. Every day farming seeds hatching pets before work after work non stop just to get a good pet and 100's of mega pet fails trying to make a perfect pet with fairy friend and you take it all away in one single swoop. You have to see how this is going to affect your base people are going to get mad and just quit it is like getting punished for working hard for something. It is really disheartening what you have done to your base players with this move. We all love this game please put it back to pre nerf of fairy friend so we can get on with our pet training :)

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Re Pets failing to heal what about a refund of crowns.

why is it that you listen to the few rather then the masses. Again you have made changes that effect all players Who spend lots of money on this game that are getting tired of all the changes. Why is it you block pet talents, give a way pets that were for completing or doing a in game or out of game request telling all that it would be only for those that did it but then give then pets to every one in a gift pack....Yellow Elf, Boar knight, but yet you prevent other pets from being hatched like beta test dragon and school only pets....

you make changes to game due to whining of pvp players. Well what about pet collectors.... when we complained about pets missing from houses your reply is we are looking in to it its been over 4 months and my fog unicorn is not back in my collection.... I guess I need to whine so I get my pets back...

A while back you made changes because of the players cheating using mega snacks to get gold. you stopped the sale of mega snacks that was good for the masses. You stopped the use of some TC cards because of whining again not helpful to all just the ones in pvp I quest and having spells like simplify was great when questing.

Again PVP Whining gets your attention but, keep in mind that many of us pay for the game and we need to have a voice too....

I guess Since you have decided to change the pets talents Why not strip away all their talents I have spent a lot of tine on my pets and crowns and mega snacks....

Why not refund me the money I spent getting fairy on my pets I think I have now 120 pets with it (not including pets that failed to get it about another 100) most are trained to ancient..... So that would be 2,740 (977,500 crowns) mega snack, and roughly 480 (120,000 crowns) energy bottles roughly 1,000,000 crowns spent getting pets with talents.... The Ball is in your court Please fix it so that the pets heal make a off button for pvp so they can turn them off....

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
As for the pet fairy drop rate I want to see the critical rate dropped, the damage rate dropped, block rate dropped, and stun block rate dropped. I feel that they are too high making it unfair to players....

Wait attacking other talents

Wonder why that is......

Return pet talents back to what they were including fairy or change them all to zero as well.....

Or just refund money paid by players that want it back.....

Just saying think before you act.....

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Eaos on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
Thank you Kingsisle I am so happy you have made this change, may cast fairy was out of control, now pvp and pve are going to be more about skill and so much more rewarding.

I am a 1600 rated warlord and pets were carrying people to far, I understand some people are upset because they spent time and money to exploit a mechanic that was out of control, but they should have to do the work not the pet.

Pets are meant to assist and give small boosts, like 9% damage, but not completely heal a player to full health because they have 2 damage spells spinning around them and a lot of healing boost gear.

Again, thank you for making this change and renewing my faith in the wonderful world of wizard101.
Really??
Exploit???

So, If I were to buy packs until I got the level 90 Jade gear, and brough a pet up with 17 defense between proof and defy, has Sprite and energizer on it, wore my defensive Athame and Ring, with the amulet of divine influence to bring my universal defenses up to 90%...

That would, In your consideration, be exploiting the game??

The fairy spell healed the same for over a year.
It was NOT an exploit, it was a casting rate.

I, along with millions of others, do NOT PVP, because the majority of the ranking system is based on an EXPLOIT...

You're a 1600 rated Warlord......
WOW!!!

Learn to work around the heals

Learn to build to a 1 hit kill
PVP runs the Wizard World aparently....

Hope you're happy you and your whining brethern from PVP cost millions of us a pet talent that we worked months on, and spent more time breeding on, then you've even been on the game...

Before you cast stones at an exploit... Look into your own back yard

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Prince of Shadows on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

The "whole point of the game" is to provide enjoyment and entertainment to millions of players. If you need more challenge to have fun, unequip your pet or take off some gear. Most of the kids playing the game enjoy active pets, and have put a lot of effort into getting them.

The "desired outcome of the game" is for us to want to play it.

I am well aware of what PvP is like. Healing pets have been available to everyone, so if it is frustrating for you to have your opponent's pet heal, it should be equally frustrating for them when yours does. That's fair, and there are ways to counter it. Think through the problem & find a proper solution ;)

What isn't fair is for the 98% of players in the game who don't hang out on twitter and cliquish fan sites, and who have not been considered in this "adjustment" to get their pets squashed to please a small cadre who complain endlessly about other players pets/gear/spells being overpowered. Yes, it is mostly the same small but vocal group, and yes, it is mostly from PvP.

My opinion is this would be a better game in every way if ranked PvP was removed, or at least made entirely separate, with dedicated gear & rules. But I have never asked for a PvP function to be removed or nerfed. This change, like the sprite & reshuffle nerfs, seems to have been instigated by a very small percentage of hardcore players who are not representative of the player base as a whole.
Hear, Hear!

Well said, thank you very much!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
kruelcon on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
As a dad I really hope you reconsider your changes to the pet heal I have two kids and a wife that play. We have been playing for 5 to 6 years. all the work we have put in to pets to get them to heal so our kids can play with out dieing and enjoy the game is well crazy. Every day farming seeds hatching pets before work after work non stop just to get a good pet and 100's of mega pet fails trying to make a perfect pet with fairy friend and you take it all away in one single swoop. You have to see how this is going to affect your base people are going to get mad and just quit it is like getting punished for working hard for something. It is really disheartening what you have done to your base players with this move. We all love this game please put it back to pre nerf of fairy friend so we can get on with our pet training :)
A grampa here . I have 5 kids 15 grand kids . We have a lot of accounts . You have stolen pets from my grands there pets are useless how dare you steal what the kids worked so hard for. Please we need to know if there pets will be back like before they where stolen . This is how the kids feel you stole there pets. A lots of accounts will not renew because of this.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
Here is a suggestion. I know that you want to make fairy not cast when we are at full health? I assume that's what you were trying to do like you did with sprite. Which is fine cause yes it does speed things along. However it is not that hard for you to do a rollback on the fairy temporarily until you can figure out how to make Fairy Friend act like sprite. This will make everyone happy and you can fix the problem.

Then I would suggest that you open the test realm and see how your changes work before instituting it into the game. At this point I am wondering why your company is being so stubborn as to make everyone of your customers an enemy. It is an easy fix to do a rollback update. All of us who usually groan at a downtime for updates, will be overjoyed!

The basic problem with the healing rate on fairy is this. If you wanted it to cast less then it should not be an Uncommon talent. It should have made a rare or ultra rare talent. However as it stands you made it now act like an Epic talent which almost never casts.
Fallon OgreTamer ~ Life, Storm, Fire, Balance, Myth and Death wizard

Survivor
Jun 01, 2012
It is my sincere hope that you will revert your position on the may cast fairy issue. I have spent a lot of time and energy on my pets to have heals which are essential in difficult instances like Tartarus and battling Hades. I have already sent a note directly to Wizard101 on what pet I have that currently does not heal at all (it had may cast fairy) since the recent change. People have remarked there is too much game delay - how much more game delay is there is a teammate or teammates that have to flee because no heal is available and then rejoin? As to pvp, sometimes the only chance a lower rank player has winning against a higher rank player is a pet with a heal, double resist, etc. as well as pvp skills (below level 16). Also, many people in pvp have spent a lot of time, gold and energy in training pets that will assist them and I feel it is unfair to lower the may cast heal rate.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2012
Once again KI has messed with something they should have never touched. We work hard for our healing pets to get the stats they have. For KI to mess with the healing pets is just Wrong! Put the healing back to where it was and leave it alone. There is no reason to do what you did for a few cry babies that are to lazy to hatch a good pet. Just amazes me at some of the things KI does to its customers.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2013
Dear KI,

I love your game so much that I have quit every other game I played, in the last few months I have spent sooooo much money making pets and tons of fails at mega lvl, it made me sick to my stomach how much I spent on crowns to perfect certain pets with these heals and now you take it all away like that?? that is not acceptable in any way I either want a refund of my thousands or fix this now its been weeks it does not take that long to look into this.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
Cori DForge on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
Or you could train a pet for critical, a ward pet, or something that does not have healers. We put time and effort into having healing pets and that should not be taken away from PvE players so that PvP players can save their time and effort.
I honestly agree with you like my current issue is my fire wizard. in PvE my pet does not spam unicorn any more nor my fire blades. but every one else can get their fairy and sprites just fine I am like wow stop messing with our gear pets and battle skills just because other wizards are not able to think or defend.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2011
Being able to hatch and train a pet with fairy friend was one thing that got me back interested in playing. I was having lots of fun soloing with Jackson my golden ram. I understand if it needed to be adjusted but it is now gone. I played for over an hour today and not one fairy cast. I like to solo and in Khrysalis, really need fairy friend back.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
Hello i am a very high balance wizard and i've farmed hours on end and hatched over 200 times to get the trait fairy i was on a completely different account and just got the trait but i was sad to find out it didnt cast anywhere near as much as others i saw before hand i just found out that you guys changed the casting rate please change back again because my old good healing pets sit there like duds my newest mega pet has
1. sprite
2. unicorn
3. 8% resistance to all
4. smoke screen
5. fire blade
and these almost never cast at all and if they do its never the heals but the smoke screen and i solo more then anything so please please please change it again and thank you

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
K I can you please reply . What and when can we expect a reply on this no heal problem with the fairy. 8 hours of game play with groups of 4 people and I get no fairy cast wow. Can you just give us some answers. If you messed it up so bad and can not fix it just tell us. Please please respond Thank you.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2012
Kenpa on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Dear KI,

I love your game so much that I have quit every other game I played, in the last few months I have spent sooooo much money making pets and tons of fails at mega lvl, it made me sick to my stomach how much I spent on crowns to perfect certain pets with these heals and now you take it all away like that?? that is not acceptable in any way I either want a refund of my thousands or fix this now its been weeks it does not take that long to look into this.
I have spent a lot of crowns to take pets to mega that now fail on the heals such as polar fox, rain beetle, sirens, coldfire dragons, etc. Especially my pvp pets that do not heal at all which you need especially in low level pvp. I agree with Kenpa that if you no do not correct this fail that we should given back all crowns spent in training as well as mega treats involved in the pets that no longer function with their may cast heals. Also, I have noticed in pvp this may cast fairy dysfunction does not affect all pets as some players I have dueled have pets that do function with may cast heals (fairy, unicorn and sprite). I can attribute some of the losses due to this but luckily I have not lost rank... yet. Again, I agree with Kenpa, refund the crowns and mega treats for a talent that does not work if this is not corrected. Yes, a lot of players have said to me that they are so upset that they are considering not renewing memberships due to this situation citing they will play other pc games....