Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet's Failing To Heal

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
valerian ice on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
I was in the hatchery a little while ago. I had a pet on with proof, defy, storm ward, fire ward, and myth ward. A kid with a group of pvp people called my pet cheap. When I asked what he meant by that, he started to whine about how unfair my pet was and I got really upset because of the money I poured into it by hatching, elixirs, seeds, farming for gold to hatch, fails, etc. Now I have a lot of pets that I raised with fairy only to have it nerfed and supposedly fixed but not, is this something I have to worry about now? When is enough whining enough? Will my crowns, time, and effort be lost if I continue to make "cheap" ward pets? The game is quickly becoming un fun.
Sorry just had to rant.
Wow nice pet . Good work I know how much time and money you put into your pet . I have 3 accounts and the game has ruined all my pets that have fairy. What a sad day . I guess they ruin my pets with resisit next.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
LorieGirl2 on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
I"m sorry, but that's not good enough! Rate of heals needs to return to their original heal rate, and KI needs to stop messing with healing rates all together. I've spent a huge amount of $$, Hours, Research, Effort, to understand and create a decent pet. I've spent hundreds on Magma Pea gardens to produce the amount of mega snacks needed to raise and level these pets. Now that I'm fully invested, you want to change the rules. This isn't a little "tweak" or tune to the game. You have changed the dynamics of all my pets, now i need to reevaluate the talents selected for each of my pets and rebuild them all. Besides, if Fairy is Uncommon and Sprite is Rare, how can the heal rate be the same?

I don't want to believe you've done this for money, I have loved playing this game but man, I just don't know what your thinking. Things like this? Seriously, things like this is why people quit the game.

I totally agree with you. I have spent a fortune buying pets that could manifest the spritely talent for all my wizards as well as hatching with others to try and gain this but I was almost always unlucky. Recently I went to the Crown shop to buy a Samoorai pet for my life wizard, who suprisingly for a lifer, didn't have a pet with spritely.
I was really pleased to see this pet was on special and virtually half its normal price so I bought two, one being for my ice wizard who has no pets with heal at all and is really starting to need one.
I trained my life wizard Samoorai to adult and got spritely, equipt him and went into battle....only to have him stand there doing nothing at all every time. It was only when I came to the message boards that I learnt this talent had been nerfed.
Like you LorieGirl2 I'm very angry. I now have a pet that doesn't seem to heal and the choice of wether to use a non healing pet or equip my Yuletide Spirit which only has unicorn and therefore a much lower cast rate.
If this change was brought in to appease PVP fans then KI should have done it differently, perhaps by changing the game so that ANY pet cannot be taken into PVP battles. All this tweak has done is made it harder to stay alive in boss fights and, for me at least, relying on more healing spells or healing TC's.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
Because your pet's fairy spell has been nerfed doesn't mean it's cheap There are other great spells that you can get besides healing one's. you can just as easily find a healing card spell that your wizard can use to heal. Less healing means more of a challenge which means more fun! Plus would you rather have them take it away completely

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011
Its unfair that pet healing has been arbitrarily modified.

One of the reasons that I hatched Spritely onto my pets was due to the preemptive healing.
That was taken away.

So I changed to hatch Fairy Friend because of the frequency now that`s been taken away.

This leaves me wondering "whats next"?!?

I`d like the pet healing talents set back to their original values please.

Also, I`d like to hear the excuse for making the modifications in the first place, as I don`t think that one was ever given.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
We are reviewing the recent changes to some of the May Cast Healing pet spells. Please be patient while we evaluate the changes again, and determine any additional adjustments that may need to be made.
Thank you so much! I want to know that when I get a pet that heals me it will only heal me once in a life time. :D

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
ok guys just finished reading all the posts and I had to voice my opinion
no1 the cast rate is below the sprite my pet that was absolutely perfect before might as well be trashed I cannot solo and boy am I dying all the time now cause my pet wont heal grrr
no2 I don't pvp and after all these hotshots thinking that they have the right to tell what normal people should or should not have on their pets really gets me
no3 the money I have put into my pets and cannot even get a sprite after five hours playing just gets right up my nose and there are millions of others out there that are in the same boat and does it look like we are going to get our money back no but if it was for pvp I would say they might just get theirs back

so now we have to figure out is this game now being run just for people playing pvp or is it for everyone like the loyal pet collectors out there who come on just for their beloved pets and their friends. I know I have put the cat among the pigeons with all the loyal pvp players but this game is for everyone not just those who come on to show off who has beaten who we who love and appreciate our pets want it to go back to the way it is not this silly may cast rate that will kill us every time we go into battle my pet was loyal and made sure I didn't die now he is there for show what is the use in that

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
i am using a pet with fairy and unicorn at the moment and i have noticed that after the nerf unicorn, a epic talent, got 5-6 times higher cast rate than fairy ( a uncommon talent) im guessing unicorn will be nerfed next.
Well, ive learned my lesson and will just stick with the pet i got. I see no reason to put more time and effort into making another pet just to be nerfed again. I dont do pvp so all i have to worry about is surviving in pve

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Ok KI . give us a valid reason why you changed the may cast heal rate .You stole all the money and time we put into those pets .How could you do that to all the wizards that raised pets just for spiritely and fairy. This is a huge thing you did . Please please what is the reason why and how could you ruin are pets. Mostly the huge point is you stole from all of us.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
TigerLily073 on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Because your pet's fairy spell has been nerfed doesn't mean it's cheap There are other great spells that you can get besides healing one's. you can just as easily find a healing card spell that your wizard can use to heal. Less healing means more of a challenge which means more fun! Plus would you rather have them take it away completely
Well, just because we CAN find a healing card, doesn't mean we should have to.

You can also find high defense gear, should we be ok if Proof and defy's get nerfed??

The big point being made here, is that we've all spent time and money bringing these talents to manifest onto our pets. We've earned the right to have them heal as they were meant to, not how KI decides to change them to appease PVP.

What's next?
Removing the Mastery Amulets so you can only use 1 school with Power Pips??

Removing TC's because a Death Wizard should NOT be allowed to use a Life Spell??

You're saying we can just put other talents onto our pets...

BUT,
Why should we have to??

Would you work for three months, and only accept a 2 week paycheck?
That's what this is. We all WORKED to get our payoffs, and now those paychecks are falling very shy of the promised value...

If this were a real business, we'd all be sueing for loss of wages....

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
calamity dragonhea... on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
ok guys just finished reading all the posts and I had to voice my opinion
no1 the cast rate is below the sprite my pet that was absolutely perfect before might as well be trashed I cannot solo and boy am I dying all the time now cause my pet wont heal grrr
no2 I don't pvp and after all these hotshots thinking that they have the right to tell what normal people should or should not have on their pets really gets me
no3 the money I have put into my pets and cannot even get a sprite after five hours playing just gets right up my nose and there are millions of others out there that are in the same boat and does it look like we are going to get our money back no but if it was for pvp I would say they might just get theirs back

so now we have to figure out is this game now being run just for people playing pvp or is it for everyone like the loyal pet collectors out there who come on just for their beloved pets and their friends. I know I have put the cat among the pigeons with all the loyal pvp players but this game is for everyone not just those who come on to show off who has beaten who we who love and appreciate our pets want it to go back to the way it is not this silly may cast rate that will kill us every time we go into battle my pet was loyal and made sure I didn't die now he is there for show what is the use in that
Hey, the game is for everyone, I think. And the game should not be nerfed for a sub-set of PVPers who don't want to bother raising good pets.

Even as someone who does do some PVP, I can say that not all PVPers are just into showing off. And not all PVPers support what has been done to our pets. I for one miss the loyal fun of our healing helpful pets.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Sestiva 101 on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Ok, started off when after the sprite was supposedly fixed because it healed to many "spam heals" which was just fine with me....NOW the pets I've noticed have decreased dramatically in heals and I am not just talking bout the sprite...Fairy,Unicorn ect... yesterday I got up really early round 3 am couldnt sleep and for 5 hours of game play my squirrel with fairy only healed once....UHhhh whats wrong with this picture?
sprite fairy and healing current should only "may cast" trigger when the caster only is hit these should not trigger when other players are hit, blade, trap etc. life bat and unicorn should trigger in the same way but also when a teammate is hit since these are target team spells. There are many other may casts that have a low low rate like cast storm or life dispel, cast smoke, shatter etc. Let us have a a 6th pet talent already so we can keep wasting time on luck, snacks, gold, time, keeping subs active :D

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
nathan 23355 on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
Ok KI . give us a valid reason why you changed the may cast heal rate .You stole all the money and time we put into those pets .How could you do that to all the wizards that raised pets just for spiritely and fairy. This is a huge thing you did . Please please what is the reason why and how could you ruin are pets. Mostly the huge point is you stole from all of us.
I too am wondering why we can not be told why this talent was nerfed? With Spritley we were told it was decreased to not heal when we were at full health, frankly that alone lost a lot of usefulness on my Life wizard (dispells broken) - it actually turned out to be a bit untrue because my pets just stopped healing altogether but at least it was something to warn us this talent was going to become a waste of time. Is it because we wouldn't understand or like the reason?

Why the mystery. Is it easier for us to blame PVP and let us think that is the reason.

Hello KI - you out there?

Bottom line is, a lot of people put a lot of time, money and energy into getting this talent that they thought was worth it - now - not so much.

Mary

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
Sarg042 on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:

You can also find high defense gear, should we be ok if Proof and defy's get nerfed??

The big point being made here, is that we've all spent time and money bringing these talents to manifest onto our pets. We've earned the right to have them heal as they were meant to, not how KI decides to change them to appease PVP.

What's next?

Removing TC's because a Death Wizard should NOT be allowed to use a Life Spell??

BUT,
Why should we have to??

That's what this is. We all WORKED to get our payoffs, and now those paychecks are falling very shy of the promised value...

I know that but what I'm trying to say is it's hard to keep people happy in a game like this I mean really a group of people here want it this way & Another group want it a different way, What do you think Ki should do? Get rid of the whole pet helping in battle idea.. Also maybe Ki nerfed it to bring in a new health spell in the future that's better than the one they nerfed. You never know. I'm pretty sure Ki is trying their best to keep Everyone happy After all it's a hard thing to do.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
The point is they took away something we earned with time and money. We hatched and hatched and worked hard and long for these heal triats and there cast rate.What will be next the resisit we have in are pets. May be next will be to make your 90 level a level 80.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Sarg042 on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:

What's next?

BUT,
Why should we have to??

good analogy -- lost wages.

We invested a lot of time, money, and effort into raising good pets. The pets should still be good.

This is a bad change, an unwanted change, an unnecessary change, and one for which we have no reason. Really! Stop crippling our pets!

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
TigerLily073 on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
I know that but what I'm trying to say is it's hard to keep people happy in a game like this I mean really a group of people here want it this way & Another group want it a different way, What do you think Ki should do? Get rid of the whole pet helping in battle idea.. Also maybe Ki nerfed it to bring in a new health spell in the future that's better than the one they nerfed. You never know. I'm pretty sure Ki is trying their best to keep Everyone happy After all it's a hard thing to do.
Well I, for one, won't be bothering to train any new healing talent even if that was the case. KI will only nerf that one too. In fact, I'm done with pet training altogether. I have a pet with spritely, fairy, proof, defy, and paingiver. I worked very, very hard for this pet, which for me, is the perfect pet. At least now I can rest easy from the pet grind. No more time spent in-game farming for hatches, gardening for snacks, and most of all, no more crowns spent on energy elixirs. I don't understand why every time something is added that makes life a little easier for the players, that it ends up being taken away. This pattern has made me not want to put anymore effort into this game. Why work hard just to lose it?

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
GREAT NEWS...

I logged in this morning to help my Daughter get a collect quest.
During the first 7 round fight, my Armament cast fairy 3 times.

During the second fight, 8 rounds, it cast fairy 4 more times.

I think the casting rate has been re raised.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011
Professor Drake on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Greetings, students. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. As you know, fairies are capricious and unpredictable creatures. It appears that some of my recent spell research has caused the fairies to behave differently on pets than they have in the past. I did need to make changes to the frequency they were cast, as they were too disruptive to combat. But the amount their behavior has changed was unintended. Now they are not appearing nearly as much as I would like. I will endeavor to rectify their behavior promptly.

This is the only spell triggered from pets that was changed in the latest update. None of the other pet spells were affected.

Fairies cast from pets should be happening equally as often as Spritely. Rest assured I will work my considerable skills in magic to ensure this change appears quickly.
I don't agree. These spells were out for over a year before they were "adjusted", that is way too long to wait.
If changes had been made within the first month, I could understand, but there has been too much infrastructure built upon the Spritely/Fairy Friend Foundation to begin messing with it now.
I am one very unhappy camper right now, and I made a purchase just so that I could complain here about it.

Please clean up this mess professor, and put things back the way that they were originally.
It's the right thing to do.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
Sarg042 on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
GREAT NEWS...

I logged in this morning to help my Daughter get a collect quest.
During the first 7 round fight, my Armament cast fairy 3 times.

During the second fight, 8 rounds, it cast fairy 4 more times.

I think the casting rate has been re raised.
I think it probably has, been seeing other player's pet's cast it more. Ki listen's to you. It's just hard for them because certain player's want It this way & other's want it a different way? Tough decision cause either way people aren't going to be happy. They try their best to keep their player's happy.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
Since when is it alright to pander to a group such as PvP people. The fighting styles are entirely different and most of the PvP people have no respect for making pets for battle. If you are going to do this for them why not let everyone have access to PvP gear also. KI gives you a school pet that is a 54 when you are level 85.
You have to spend and work to make it a double heal and double resist pet. Should I pay because a person in an arena has trouble fighting against it. As for long battles try 2 or 3 hours in a solo questing battle. Put fairy friend back where it was and don't punish people that figure how to improve a bad pet design.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
TigerLily073 on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
I think it probably has, been seeing other player's pet's cast it more. Ki listen's to you. It's just hard for them because certain player's want It this way & other's want it a different way? Tough decision cause either way people aren't going to be happy. They try their best to keep their player's happy.
I have 3 accounts none of the pets with fairy are even close to what we hatched and paid for . They took are money to hatch and raise pets with heal andnow they take it away.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
FinnAgainWindrider on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
Hey, the game is for everyone, I think. And the game should not be nerfed for a sub-set of PVPers who don't want to bother raising good pets.

Even as someone who does do some PVP, I can say that not all PVPers are just into showing off. And not all PVPers support what has been done to our pets. I for one miss the loyal fun of our healing helpful pets.
hey finnAgian I don't pvp but I do solo the game a lot of time and I agree I am sick of the pandering to pvp their gear is way above the normal person but we get penalized because we put a lot of work into these pets and yes I can see I should have put sub-set of pvpers not all as I do have friends who pvp and are not like the ones I hear about I just wish ki would realize that they are only a very minut lot of the family and should not be pandered, they should listen to all of us not just a select group we love our pets and we were happy with how they were and now I have to wonder what they will take from us next when the subset decides to put their hands up and say we cannot compete with that

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
i finally got a pet with unicorn and now it barely works. i can't tell if it was nerfed because i got it after they made may cast heals happen left . and ki please for the other players and people that spent tons of money and time on their pet schange thing back to how may cast heals were.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
nathan 23355 on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
I have 3 accounts none of the pets with fairy are even close to what we hatched and paid for . They took are money to hatch and raise pets with heal andnow they take it away.
I understand that. I was just pointing out Ki's side of thing's. I'm pretty sure they have unhappy people each time they change something and some people that are happy about it. Which makes it hard to make decision's. Because either way their going to lose people. But I think Ki has put the fairy spell & all that back to normal. Last time I was on I was in a battle with other's and one of the pet's that they had healed at least 6 or more times

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
TigerLily073 on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
I understand that. I was just pointing out Ki's side of thing's. I'm pretty sure they have unhappy people each time they change something and some people that are happy about it. Which makes it hard to make decision's. Because either way their going to lose people. But I think Ki has put the fairy spell & all that back to normal. Last time I was on I was in a battle with other's and one of the pet's that they had healed at least 6 or more times
well played and quested with a group of 4 . Pets with may cast heals still are useless.