Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet's Failing To Heal

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
My pet has been hugely affected because of this update, Though I still see some heals, I don't see as many heals before the update. My pet just recently received the pet talent of "Fairy friend" and "Sprite" followed by may cast "Pierce" and Proof (10)
Since I got this pet(about a month now since this post) It has only double healed once, and which I am not mad, it casts "Fairy" more than "Sprite."

Also I would be lucky if my pet healed more than twice per PVP/PVE match.

I have been playing this game since 2010,and trying to achieve the perfect pet since 2011(when I first got into pvp) even when I hatched with people with double resist and heals, my pets would always have some talent that would make it unusable like "Mana Gift."
But anyways, I hope King Isle reads this and realizes the amount of customers upset because of this update.

Thanks for reading! Steven WinterSword lvl 33 Warlord

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Steven Wintersword on Apr 8, 2014 wrote:
My pet has been hugely affected because of this update, Though I still see some heals, I don't see as many heals before the update. My pet just recently received the pet talent of "Fairy friend" and "Sprite" followed by may cast "Pierce" and Proof (10)
Since I got this pet(about a month now since this post) It has only double healed once, and which I am not mad, it casts "Fairy" more than "Sprite."

Also I would be lucky if my pet healed more than twice per PVP/PVE match.

I have been playing this game since 2010,and trying to achieve the perfect pet since 2011(when I first got into pvp) even when I hatched with people with double resist and heals, my pets would always have some talent that would make it unusable like "Mana Gift."
But anyways, I hope King Isle reads this and realizes the amount of customers upset because of this update.

Thanks for reading! Steven WinterSword lvl 33 Warlord
I am glad to see that I am not the only one frustrated with these alterations. I have stopped purchasing mega snacks to raise my pets now due to these changes. All my pvp pets (I am Warlord level 26) have ceased immensely in unicorn, sprite, fairy while in pvp. I feel if they wanted to adjust this then they should generate ranked pvp to reflect with the same rules as tourney. So we all have options. I miss my pets healing .

Survivor
Sep 21, 2010
Today I did several pvp ( like over a dozen ) and my pet that i have used on the wizard for over 2 months never healed me even once. It has fairy and unicorn. Now my pet would heal reasonably during a pvp match not like spamming heals, but today was nothing. I have spent many many hours getting gold for hatching pets and training them and spending real cash to buy snacks to train. All to obtain a pet that could heal. Not to mention spending lots of my own cash helping friends getting snacks and energy to train their pets to get that perfect pet that can heal. Now i know Kings Isle has been messing around with the rate of pet heals because many pvpers complained but to have pets not heal at all is unexceptable. Plz restore these pets back to their original states before you made the changes. Because whatever you did has really messed up the game.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
cheyennepearlheart on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
I am glad to see that I am not the only one frustrated with these alterations. I have stopped purchasing mega snacks to raise my pets now due to these changes. All my pvp pets (I am Warlord level 26) have ceased immensely in unicorn, sprite, fairy while in pvp. I feel if they wanted to adjust this then they should generate ranked pvp to reflect with the same rules as tourney. So we all have options. I miss my pets healing .
Yea man I feel you If I am not mistaken I heard that they were working on fixing this issue
So for now we shall wait it out.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2010
Hi! I would like to know what pets usually give the "May cast heals" because I have had my ice beast for a long time and she is Epic. I was wondering if she would ever give me one of those "may casts" because i would prefer it.

Alex Silverstone level 75

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Steven Wintersword on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
Yea man I feel you If I am not mistaken I heard that they were working on fixing this issue
So for now we shall wait it out.
I think it's safe to say after this amount of time that it is what it is now. The dust has settled.

I have pets that don't cast at all over hours of game play. Of the pets that do cast Spritely, Fairy Friend and Unicorn it's all rarely and it's really not practical to depend on them for help in any battles any more.

The buzz around the pet pavilion seems to have wizards back pedaling on other talents now so they are moving forward after the adjustment just fine.

Mary

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Moony 1234 on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Hi! I would like to know what pets usually give the "May cast heals" because I have had my ice beast for a long time and she is Epic. I was wondering if she would ever give me one of those "may casts" because i would prefer it.

Alex Silverstone level 75
There are some pets (including school specific pets) that have a MC heal. Whether or not it manifests as a talent is not guaranteed. The best place to look at first generation pets and what talents they have, you need to go to W101 Central Wiki http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Pets_by_School

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011
I've given up on pet's with healing now.

Mine are wasting away in an attic somewhere waiting for this mess to be fixed.

If I'm not being healed at least once a battle for each heal present, then it's no longer worth having healing talents.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
CentralRayzer on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
I've given up on pet's with healing now.

Mine are wasting away in an attic somewhere waiting for this mess to be fixed.

If I'm not being healed at least once a battle for each heal present, then it's no longer worth having healing talents.
They can't heal you from the attic. Sorry to hear all the complaints from people who don't have their pets equipped. My pets still regularly cast spritely and fairy while in groups. From what I've seen the pet spam healing really hasn't changed all that dratically. Every run I do in Tartarus, everyone's pets are constantly going off still.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
seethe42 on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
They can't heal you from the attic. Sorry to hear all the complaints from people who don't have their pets equipped. My pets still regularly cast spritely and fairy while in groups. From what I've seen the pet spam healing really hasn't changed all that dratically. Every run I do in Tartarus, everyone's pets are constantly going off still.
Ya, same here. It seems like the base rate for Fairy and Spritely are just a little lower than they were, maybe 5~6% chance per trigger now vs 7% before. Because they no longer trigger when you are full health, it seems like there are a lot less, but when you really need healing it isn't that much different.

I wish they hadn't meddled with it at all. Not a huge deal though.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011
If that's the case, then I'll try it again.

I have a half dozen or so SPUDF pets, so the change greatly affected me.

The last time I was told that it was fixed, I checked and my pets were barely healing at all for three days.

Contrast that with the previous case, where my pet would start freaking out if I dropped below 4,000 health.

I can see where it would affect low level PVP, but some Warlords have already "been there, done that", so unless their rank is reset and their ticket purchased gear removed, which I doubt could be done, there will be a great inequality in the system.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
CentralRayzer on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
If that's the case, then I'll try it again.

I have a half dozen or so SPUDF pets, so the change greatly affected me.

The last time I was told that it was fixed, I checked and my pets were barely healing at all for three days.

Contrast that with the previous case, where my pet would start freaking out if I dropped below 4,000 health.

I can see where it would affect low level PVP, but some Warlords have already "been there, done that", so unless their rank is reset and their ticket purchased gear removed, which I doubt could be done, there will be a great inequality in the system.
Believe me, most people's pets are not healing as they should be. For those that are having better luck, good for them, but it doesn't solve any healing issues many others are having.

I did Aquila runs all day the other day and none of my pets healed at all. I have many pets with one heal, two heals and three heals ...... and their cast rate has dropped so dramatically, that instead of hatching pets for healing, I now hatch pets for damage and resist. It's pretty sad when I've spent so much money in crowns, gold, and time, to get the healing pets I wanted ..... which is now, a total waste.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2013
Hi all. So i am one of those pet people that spend lots of time and effort on pets and time and gold helping others. I did take a long break from game and recently came back and have noticed all my healers are no longer healing as many have mentioned on here. So are they working to bring this back or not? If no, then yea not worth the effort to focus on heals anymore, it becomes a useless talent imo. I've been back on game about 6 weeks now and am so mad at fairy I'm currently hatching it out of all new pets, lol. Just wondering what we're hearing... i see the posts from Feb but that was a few months ago and I don't know if there's been anymore from KI on the topic since then. Thank you so much! Do miss my healers, loved having them by my side....

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
Believe me, most people's pets are not healing as they should be. For those that are having better luck, good for them, but it doesn't solve any healing issues many others are having.

I did Aquila runs all day the other day and none of my pets healed at all. I have many pets with one heal, two heals and three heals ...... and their cast rate has dropped so dramatically, that instead of hatching pets for healing, I now hatch pets for damage and resist. It's pretty sad when I've spent so much money in crowns, gold, and time, to get the healing pets I wanted ..... which is now, a total waste.
You doesn't equal "most people". I run Aquila a lot also and see nearly the same pet healing spam as before. All players/pets go through dry spells on heals, it's random chance afterall.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Alexis DreamFlower on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
Hi all. So i am one of those pet people that spend lots of time and effort on pets and time and gold helping others. I did take a long break from game and recently came back and have noticed all my healers are no longer healing as many have mentioned on here. So are they working to bring this back or not? If no, then yea not worth the effort to focus on heals anymore, it becomes a useless talent imo. I've been back on game about 6 weeks now and am so mad at fairy I'm currently hatching it out of all new pets, lol. Just wondering what we're hearing... i see the posts from Feb but that was a few months ago and I don't know if there's been anymore from KI on the topic since then. Thank you so much! Do miss my healers, loved having them by my side....
For the most part, changes KI makes usually stay that way (with very very few exceptions).

I don't see the casting rate being increased in the near future at all. It seems KI is listening more to the PvP community rather than the PvE community these days.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
seethe42 on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
You doesn't equal "most people". I run Aquila a lot also and see nearly the same pet healing spam as before. All players/pets go through dry spells on heals, it's random chance afterall.
You know, this discrepancy and this whole conversation could easily be put to rest if only KI itself could tell us clearly what the status of the pet heals now is.

I am among those whose pets generally are not healing as often. I go through some spells where they heal, but then go for quite a while with no help at all.

You Seethe and some others in here say that really everything is fine and pets are still doing their jobs great.

But KI has said nothing on the subject for a long time, so it is just one person's guesstimate versus another's over and over, as to whether anything has been updated recently.

The last we knew, Spritely may cast was decreased, and then Fairy was decreased to match the Spritely cast rate. That is the last official word from KI that I am aware of. If they raised it back up, they never told anyone -- so I doubt they did. This last information matches my own experience. Healing generally still seems to be decreased to me.

But I sure would be grateful if KI would let us know what the actual current status is, so we can at least be clear on where things now stand. I know they don't release actual coding data -- but they could at least tell us, clearly, if any updates have been made to the may cast heals since the last update that mentioned this issue.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
seethe42 on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
A 2 month dry spell may not be acceptable for those who have paid for these talents and now are not seeing them as they did before?

Splitting hairs on the percentages of "most" is not a practically assessment of the problem either.

Why is it that some of your posts are so helpful then others are so condescending?

Mary

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
I stopped playing Wizard 101 for a few months and came back a few days ago. The first day I started to play I played 4 hours and if I remember correctly my pet only healed around 3 times. I have two pets that have may cast fairy. I switched to my death wizard to see if that pet, which has the same talent works better. As time went on and the last couple of days I have seen a huge decline in healing. I can go 5 fights without a heal. I see this was posted a few months ago. Why hasn't this been fixed yet?

Survivor
Jan 12, 2013
It's no "dry" spell, lol. Again, I am one of those people with thousands of pets, I know the ones that were healers. And don't even think about judging me because I have spent tons of real money, and in game gold, helping strangers get nice pets too. Completely agree with the last few posters. Money was paid for a service, almost like a breach in contact to change it after the fact. At least come forth and address the issue as to why and what has been done... I still can't find where the complaints against fairy were, yet i do see how so many have been affected since they adjusted the rate and then admitted that they went too far in the decrease. That was the last we heard from them.

Survivor
May 28, 2012
I have almost stopped playing Wizard101 due to this issue. I understand that the PVP players don't want the players that spent time/money to get healing pets using those great healers in PVP but this change ruined the fun that the game was for everyone else. Why not just stop allowing pets in PVP and set the pets may cast heals back how it was? I have canceled my revolving cc payments as I am tired of waiting for the issue to be corrected.

I understand that the PVP is a money maker, but the rest of the game is no longer enjoyable. Training and hatching pets, questing with those pets.. The fun is gone. I am moving on to another game until I hear pets are back to healing as they once did. Hatching pets and training them was a huge part of the game..I spent most of my time gardening for snacks and hatching and training pets. There is no point in it now that the pets hardly ever heal.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
A question to KI. Were pet heals nerfed again? I am wondering cause a pet that was healing normally in dungeons is not healing that much anymore, not like it used to, and it never heals in regular mob fights anymore. This is a spudf trojan horse that was a very good healer before the initial pet nerfing a while back. It would heal in every fight, making the game less stressful for me. Since the initial nerf it rarely healed in mob fights and boss fights but did almost as well as originally in dungeons. Now it doesn't. What happened? Can you please explain? We just need our pets back to normal, please take that into consideration. This game is more stress in higher worlds than it is fun. Having a healing pet relieves some of that stress. Please fix them for us.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Lucky Wizard on May 9, 2014 wrote:
A question to KI. Were pet heals nerfed again? I am wondering cause a pet that was healing normally in dungeons is not healing that much anymore, not like it used to, and it never heals in regular mob fights anymore. This is a spudf trojan horse that was a very good healer before the initial pet nerfing a while back. It would heal in every fight, making the game less stressful for me. Since the initial nerf it rarely healed in mob fights and boss fights but did almost as well as originally in dungeons. Now it doesn't. What happened? Can you please explain? We just need our pets back to normal, please take that into consideration. This game is more stress in higher worlds than it is fun. Having a healing pet relieves some of that stress. Please fix them for us.
The may cast heal pets are mostly use less now. Yes they changed the may cast heal to almost nothing. My grandkids left the game because of this. Be nice if KI would answer why they did this. I have posted for months KI will not give a answer why they did this to the pets we spend time money crowns to get heal pets. Maybe they do not or can not fix what they took away. I guess they take some of are gear away next.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
nathan 23355 on May 9, 2014 wrote:
The may cast heal pets are mostly use less now. Yes they changed the may cast heal to almost nothing. My grandkids left the game because of this. Be nice if KI would answer why they did this. I have posted for months KI will not give a answer why they did this to the pets we spend time money crowns to get heal pets. Maybe they do not or can not fix what they took away. I guess they take some of are gear away next.
Yes your right .I am a father that plays and my kids are leaving the game over this. So sad to see them spend there birthday crowns on pets to get may cast heal and then have KI take it away from them. I have been asking for months why still no answer. So my kids and grands are leaving the game too. Thanks KI for taking away the fun I had with family playing this game. I am sure they never read this post.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
I also invest in this game with cash. People want to slam me for that so be it. Even if we spend real money on leveling up our pets faster it's still a lot of work and time. I thought I found my perfect pet... The last talent a few days ago I leveled my pet was may cast tower shield. He isn't doing it often either. I was in Aquila and my pet healed and cast tower shield quite a bit. I am thinking the change in the heal rate is lowest to none in Khrysalis. How is it people that contribute to this game and then it comes back to bite us in the butt? People that invest money into this game will likely leave then there will be no more Wizard 101. If people in PvP are complaining about healing pets then ban them from PvP don't make the rest of us that don't PvP regret investing money into this game and our pets.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Chelseawhisper on May 14, 2014 wrote:
I also invest in this game with cash. People want to slam me for that so be it. Even if we spend real money on leveling up our pets faster it's still a lot of work and time. I thought I found my perfect pet... The last talent a few days ago I leveled my pet was may cast tower shield. He isn't doing it often either. I was in Aquila and my pet healed and cast tower shield quite a bit. I am thinking the change in the heal rate is lowest to none in Khrysalis. How is it people that contribute to this game and then it comes back to bite us in the butt? People that invest money into this game will likely leave then there will be no more Wizard 101. If people in PvP are complaining about healing pets then ban them from PvP don't make the rest of us that don't PvP regret investing money into this game and our pets.
Yes the may cast rate is not even close to what it was. We spend time crowns and gold for hatching got may cast heals and stuff . Loved are pets .Please give us back what we paid and worked for. Wow and yes what will be next are gear? Been waiting for KI to answer why they stole are pets.