Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Battle gear

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Do you have separate gear? When your not fighting, are you wearing one outfit and when you are you're wearing another?

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
I usually stick with one outfit, but sometimes i will wear seperate gear. my friend changes her gear for battle and for out of battle

Angela gem lvl 84

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I have multiple outfits for every possible battle. It also depends if I'm doing it solo or with friends. My latest wizard is myth, I can be immune to storm, myth, life, death and balance due to crafting and close with fire and ice. So if I'm solo, I'll make myself immune to the boss's main school, kill the minions, then take my time setting up the boss for a one hit kill. If I'm with a party, I'll be more agressive and dress for attack. Strategy changes completely depending if you are going solo or not. The idea that one outfit is best for all fights is just silly. They make different gear for that very reason, and most of the gear needed for immune is freely available in the bazaar at level 50-54, the boots are the only thing you need to craft.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Molly the Balance ... on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
Do you have separate gear? When your not fighting, are you wearing one outfit and when you are you're wearing another?
I wear whatever gear I have for that level. I don't have a separate set of 'pretty' gear (I've seen a lot of this in the commons).

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Molly the Balance ... on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
As much as I would like to be that "into" the game I am not. I change decks, maybe pets or amulets but draw the line at adding gear to that. I guess if I were having issues with that aspect I would have to work it into the battle routine.

In Azteca I did change gear for more fire resist in those silly spell 3v1 fights but as a norm I don't go out of my way to make the game anymore complicated then it already is at upper levels.

Mary