Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Winged Mounts Should Fly.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
What is the point of a winged mount if it can't actually fly? Other than looking awesome, that is.

I believe that winged mounts should be able to fly a certain height in the air before they 'get tired'. Right now they kind of just hover there.

When the mounts fly up a certain distance, text should flash on the screen, saying, 'Your Mount is Getting Tired.'

When the mount reaches the point where it can't go on anymore, you and the mount will fall, and the mount will go into 'Rest Mode', meaning that you can't use it for a certain amount of time.

Thoughts?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Rebecca Shadowflam... on Jan 18, 2014 wrote:
What is the point of a winged mount if it can't actually fly? Other than looking awesome, that is.

I believe that winged mounts should be able to fly a certain height in the air before they 'get tired'. Right now they kind of just hover there.

When the mounts fly up a certain distance, text should flash on the screen, saying, 'Your Mount is Getting Tired.'

When the mount reaches the point where it can't go on anymore, you and the mount will fall, and the mount will go into 'Rest Mode', meaning that you can't use it for a certain amount of time.

Thoughts?
Not sure what winged mount doesn't fly... all mine do, from the dragons to the skyvern and everything in between.
And no, I think the 'rest mode' is horrible if you're trying to get through a world or away from mobs and poof! you're plopped down. No.