Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Deck Setup

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
Recently I've been having trouble soloing boss, and I thought it was my deck. Thing is I have all the sun spells up to colossal and the sun spells from Azteca life up too satyr death up to feint ice up to tower shield and spirit blade. So if anyone can tell me how I should tell me how I should make my deck and yes I do have all the side quest spells I am current lvl 95 and still questing in Khrysalis so if you can help that would be awesome thx.

Blaze MythMenderlvl 95
Boris TrollRunnerlvl 69

"The pen is mightier then the sword"-Edward George Buluer Lytton

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
archmagemyth on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
Recently I've been having trouble soloing boss, and I thought it was my deck. Thing is I have all the sun spells up to colossal and the sun spells from Azteca life up too satyr death up to feint ice up to tower shield and spirit blade. So if anyone can tell me how I should tell me how I should make my deck and yes I do have all the side quest spells I am current lvl 95 and still questing in Khrysalis so if you can help that would be awesome thx.

Blaze MythMenderlvl 95
Boris TrollRunnerlvl 69

"The pen is mightier then the sword"-Edward George Buluer Lytton
My conjurer is nowhere near your level, but I do have 3 prometheans and use virtually the same deck setup for all 6 wizards (and it hasn't failed me yet).

Von's standard boss setup:
(I am assuming that you have completed all astral spell quests from zafaria onward)

2 mythblade
2 spirit blade
2 sharpened blade
2 feint
1 potent trap
3-4 pixie (less of a waste of pips than satyr, unless you have a mastery amulet)
3-4 primordial
1 reliquary
4 colossal
2 humungofrog
1 medusa
1 basilisk

sideboard: amulet or pet blades are recommended, wand strikes from a school that's not myth (so you don't lose your blades if you get hit with weakness)

Optional: prisms (if boss is myth), stun blocks (if boss is ice or myth), minotaur (if boss spams shields, ie ice).

PS: what gear do you have equipped? if you let us know what your other stats are like, perhaps we can help further.

-von
95 balance, 93 death, 90 storm, 63 life, 40 myth & ice, 28 fire

"Those who live by the sword get Power Nova'ed by those who don't!"

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I have weakness trained on my myth. I would build up pips with tower shield, weakness and myth blade etc.

I also have empowerment trained on my Myth. This helps playing it early Round 1 or 2 so that I can get off Orthrus, Medusa or Basilisk earlier. 2 blades and enchantment are all you need to do good damage. (time of legend does help tremendously)

Vassanji is handy too.

Use the ZERO pip Stun spell here and there.

Myth has some of my favorite single attack spells in the game. However that's where the magic stops.

Even with some mobs, I lots of times just discard earthquake and frog the animations are wore out and it is just as much fun (does take longer) to take them out one by one with either Medusa, Orthrus, Basilisk or Ninja Pig and Minotaur. Don't get me started on Celestial Calendar... I hate that spell.