Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why you do this to balance?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
So am I. The only balance wizard that is pretty upset about... Well being balance in general.
I will make a list of cons:
1.No prisms
2.Hydra can't be used on elemental types or any time that storm fire or life shield and most balance enemies elemental shield
3.Blades are weaker than every other type
4. Chimera just like hydra balance shields spirit types resist any elemental types shield and it is still useless
5.no balance shango amulet which is extremely useful

Pros:
1. Power pips
2.judgment
3. ra is good

I know you can make an argument for every type about why they are just as bad and that all types have pro's and cons that balance out but for balance they don't.
Did balance do something to get this punishment or something did we almost destroy wizard city or something because it seems like when ki was making the different schools they where al,l sitting around a table like ok so we need one of the types to have a few pros but a bunch of really bad cons, well why not balance lets give them no prisms bad blades and these 2 spells chimera and hydra that allot of the time are completely useless, and to top it all off no prisms, and they are all like, yeah I mean we gotta do this to one type why not balance?
Sorry about the rant just sometimes makes me

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
I love being a balance. It is my favorite school. My attacks can rarely be shielded except for tower shield (which is almost always pierced). My blades and sharpened blades can be stacked to hit huge. mana burn takes away their pips. power nova pops their aura. lore master hits pretty hard with a colossal and leaves them with weakness. I have seen my sandstorm hit 3,000.You don't need a prism if you have shadow shrike. I have so many varied tools at my disposal that no matter what their school or strategy I can find one to oppose it. Don't give up on balance, in my opinion, it is the best school.

Amber Raven Song 95

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I have fixes for every one of the issues you bring up.

Buy prism cards from the Bazaar if you want to use Hydra or Spectral Blast on an elemental foe. Pick up Pierce and Shatter cards while you're at it in case your enemy uses shields. You can use this strategy for Chimera and Spirit Blast as well. There are no useless spells, just wizards who don't know a better way.

Use gear and pets that boost your damage. High level gear can give you over 70% added Balance damage to every hit you make. On top of that, it is possible to have a pet that gives you 25% damage boost to every Balance hit. Also make sure to train Gargantuan and Colossal, the Sun Spells. Getting high damage is not a problem that Balance wizards should have.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Blazewildhorn on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
So am I. The only balance wizard that is pretty upset about... Well being balance in general.
1.No prisms
2.Hydra can't be used on elemental types or any time that storm fire or life shield and most balance enemies elemental shield
4. Chimera just like hydra balance shields spirit types resist any elemental types shield and it is still useless

Pros:
1. Power pips
2.judgment
3. ra is good

I know you can make an argument for every type about why they are just as bad and that all types have pro's and cons that balance out but for balance they don't.
Did balance do something to get this punishment or something did we almost destroy wizard city or something because it seems like when ki was making the different schools they where al,l sitting around a table like ok so we need one of the types to have a few pros but a bunch of really bad cons, well why not balance lets give them no prisms bad blades and these 2 spells chimera and hydra that allot of the time are completely useless, and to top it all off no prisms, and they are all like, yeah I mean we gotta do this to one type why not balance?
Balance has shields, blades to everything, powerful attacks, and amazing utility spells. (mana burn and supernova) Honestly, the only thing I could ever really want on my balance is a DoT, and I can just use basilisk for that. Even if there was a balance DoT, basilisk stuns and I can blade it 6 times at level 50 with my pet sharpened blade card. Balance is one of the best schools.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
1.No prisms

Pros:
1. Power pips
2.judgment
3. ra is good

Balance is a tough school to play. I never would have chosen because what it requires is not what I want from my wizard. I prefer a more straight forward approach. Balance has good and bad points.

A shango Amulet certainly would be a good idea and Id be all for it since every other school has one. As I've stated before, perhaps a learnable 35% balance damage specific blade would be a good idea (and I'd fully support the idea too). I never understood why balance didnt get a blade specific for balance spell damage. Even if not a shango amulet, SOME amulet that offers the Balance-specific blade to it. Heck, because it's been soo long, I would even support an Amulet that gave both a Balance-specific blade and a Balanceblade on the same Amulet (provided it had the right level requirements)

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
1.No prisms

Pros:
1. Power pips
2.judgment
3. ra is good

I know, balance makes me angry too. Not just in pvp, but because every other school has a niche, and we're just kinda there.

That being said... I don't pvp a lot with my balance wizard, especially not now that shadow Shrike would basically render my 40% resist useless. But when I do, here are a few rules I play by:

1) I let my opponent hit first. That way, I know what her (or his) stats are like and how to best muck up her strategy. For example, if I see you have a fire wand and you're a pyromancer, well... my work's cut out for me.

2) if balance has a niche, it's the forced use of treasure cards; therefore, cleanse charm and shatter are your friends. Use them.

3) don't rely on stuff like mana burn and judge. People expect it (and mana burn is only good from second anyway).

4) unbalance (dispel) is quite valuable. People often don't realize that, if you wallpaper them with it, it will force them to dramatically alter their strategy: even for non-balance wizards, that means no mana burn, no tri-blades, no reshuffle... and I'm willing to bet that very few people other than me carry enough cleanse charm in their sideboards (or are willing to waste that many rounds) to get rid of them.

The beauty of it is that it costs 2 pips and is, therefore, spammable. I once fought some guy who thought he was all that (warlord, of course)... So I wallpapered him with balance dispels, then ran him out of cards. And he couldn't reshuffle. Mission accomplished!

5) expect the unexpected. I once fought a balance commander with a myth mastery amulet. Because she seemed fond of earthquake, I knew I would have to hit her unbladed... so I made her waste her heals early on, then stacked traps instead, followed by infallible, shatter, and massive judge. Yeah, she did get one last tower up... but it didn't matter, because I did 5700 damage through it.

PS: it was awesome. You're welcome. :)

So there are ways around our just-being-there-ness. Learn them, and make them your friends.

Weakness wallpaper heeeee!
-von

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Matthew Griffengem Lvl 68 secondary and astral schools are

Why do you think balance Is bad

I think balance is a great school because I don't think there is one wizard without a balance friend reason one well we get along with others And reason two we learn so much blades traps and spears that we help our fellow friends . And chimera does a great job when fighting balance because it is stronger on them and with blades you can do more I suggest you have a deck for each type I know it will cost a lot but still it will be useful