Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cyrus Drake's Red Correcting Pen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
The aura jewels that drop in Mirage still need to have the names fixed to match the aura that the jewel gives. Like the Cycle of Life Opal aura jewel gives a Brace item card, and the Virulence Opal aura jewel gives a Magnify item card, and the Magnify Opal aura jewel gives a Flawless item card, etc. etc.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I believe the hat "Fire Spirits' Toasty Helm" is supposed to be "Fire Spirit's Toasty Helm".

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I saw the word "venomous" somewhere only it was spelled "venemous." (Venemous is wrong.)
It might've been on a pet or a card.

There is also a sign in Grizzleheim where the three bears are standing by a waterfall and it's spelled wrong. (Or there is an apostrophe where it wasn't necessary?)
I'm sorry I'm not great at remembering to write down the details :/

Survivor
Dec 29, 2016
It's not in the Spiral, but I did find a typo...

www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/questing4

The typo is: "Ring>"

Survivor
Apr 12, 2014
Edith Benchley has some errors in her dialogue when returning the pieces of the Stellarium Portal during the quest Johnny-on-the-spot.

Her exact dialogue is: "Oh, wonderful!. You've got the pieces of the portal! Now we can restore access to the Grand Plaza"

It should be: "Oh, wonderful! You've got the pieces of the portal! Now we can restore access to the Grand Plaza." I suppose the period could be an exclamation point instead.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
While the Lost Pages event was going on, I was doing it with my low level Storm and it said "Talk to Harold Argleston in Austrilund" while it should say "Talk to Harold Argleston in the Library". Hope you can fix this!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Sorry I haven't read the entire thread but, at one of the areas in Grizzleheim it says something like this on a sign:

[Smith's] GROTO

Grotto has 2 letter Ts in it.

(Smith is made up because I don't recall the name, and I keep forgetting to look, or forgetting to post this.)

Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
While I was questing in Grizzleheim with my life wizard, I found a typo in Ravenscar. After I defeated Stragoi Gallowgrief in the quest "The Tower of Lore", I went to talk to Hrafn Lorespeaker in the tower. When I taled to Hrafn, the dialogue said, "Hrafen reads the ancient scroll. As he reads, he grows alarmed." The "e" should be taken out of Hrafen.

Sincerely,
Ashley Ash, Level 55
Morgan Storm, Level 8
Ashley Ash, Level 6

Survivor
Sep 23, 2015
If you get "Awesome!" in a a pet game it says "Your pet is much improved." Which doesn't make sense since the adjective, "much" makes the sentence grammatically incorrect.

It could be changed to "Your pet has improved, decently" or something like that.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
In Marleybone there is a bunch of teleporters that when you go up and the dialogue option comes up to press 'x' to activate them, in the dialogue box it will be labeled as go fishing. Some teleporters are correctly labeled in the dialogue box but a lot aren't.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
All right, Professor Cyrus, here's some more grammar errors to put your red pen to work once more...

Before dueling Captain Hockins, the Stone Skeleton Key boss in Zafaria's Waterfront, his dialogue text incorrectly matches with his VO.

These lines from Captain Hockins' text dialogue lines that don't go with his VO are...

• "Oi? What's all this, then? Well I'll be a Jurbil's uncle! It's a Wizard! Didn't I tell you I was hexed? That some crazy Wizard had it in for me?". The text error is, "Eh? What's this, then?".

• "Exactly. And you said you was going to remove the curse, didn't you? Well, clearly you didn't, and now we're both gonna pay for it.". The text error is, "And you said you were going to remove the curse, didn't you?".

• "Oh no, you don't. I brought my spoils in as payment. You're not wriggling out of this, Witch Doctor! If I have to defend myself, then so do you...". The text error is, "Oh no, you don't. I brought my spoils as payment.".

Then, after defeating Captain Hockins, there's one more error in his text dialogue...

• "Bah! Blasted Witch Doctor! I shoulda known you couldn't clear the hex. I suppose the Wizard gets my spoils now. Fine. Brought me bad luck, anyhow!". The text error is, "I suppose the Wizard get my spoils now.".

There is one more grammar error you should look at...

• Before accepting the quest, "Fish, Glorious Fish!", Ryoshi's VO in his line says, "Ryoshi loves a challenge! Our first friendly challenge will be to catch one Grape Jellyfisht, and one Origami Fish. Ready... Fish!", but his dialogue text incorrectly says, "Or first challenge..."
There they are. Hope they get corrected real soon. My thanks once more, Professor Cyrus.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
The teleport hub next to Wulfric Foesbane, just inside Mirholm Keep, in Grizzleheim.

One of the teleport stones says "Grendel's Groto."

It should be "Grendel's Grotto," no?

Survivor
Jan 03, 2015
At the beginning of the "In Search of Artur" quest, Susie Gryphonbane's text box reads "the force beyond this was in that cave", but she says "the force *behind* this was in that cave".

Explorer
Oct 12, 2010
This isn't really in the game but it pertains to your website. The Test Realm Update notes has a typo. Down in the "chat improvement!" section, the paragraph located right beneath the picture, you accidentally said "manu" instead of "menu"

Survivor
May 05, 2010
In the storm school quest "fill it up" when you get the well water in Krokotopia there's dialogue that says
"You hear thunder and some fluttering while gathering the water"
There should be a period at the end of this sentence.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Found a typo on the Current Quests. For the quest I Can't Dig It in Khrysalis, it says defeat and collect "Burrowing Shovel's"

apostrophe not needed.

Survivor
May 13, 2010
When you first talk to Brooke Waterman for the Avalon fishing quest one of her text phrases doesn't match up with the sound dialogue (I can't remember what it was though).

Survivor
May 28, 2017
In the quest "Mything Persons:"
Cyrus Drake: For you next spell you'll need to find the seraph Lady Sylvan.
"You" should be "your."

Also, please notice me, Professor Drake. :3

Survivor
May 11, 2013
Character: Robert Lancaster
Quest: Fire Drill (first message)
(Sorry, I had to remove your image file as it is against the rules. ~Dworgyn)
The wrong affect/effect is used. Affect is a verb, while effect is a noun.

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
In Darkmoor Sylvia says, "Dear, sweet Malistaire. Pain and sorrow have consumed you. Death and shadows have made you into something monstrous."

But it reads: "Dear, sweet Malistaire. Pain and sorrow have consumed you and death and shadows have made you into something monstrous."

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
In Dragonspyre, when doing the first quest by Zelen Battlehorn, you go to a tower where Flamebringer lives to defeat him. However, the sigil says Everburn's Tower. Everburn is in Mooshu, not in Dragonspyre. The sigil should read "Flamebringer's Tower."

Also, in Krokotopia, all the NPCs who have the word "archaeologist" in their title have it spelled wrong as "archeologist." There should be another a before that e.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
In the Theives' Den, if you are defeated by one of the Star Wars parody bosses, you are sent to the whole dungeon, do it over again. And if you complete the dungeon but you fail on the, say, Death-School Gangsters (For I do not remember their names), you will be sent to do the whole dungeon over again. I doubt anyone likes that.

Survivor
May 28, 2017
Jacob LotusCaller on Jul 25, 2017 wrote:
In the Theives' Den, if you are defeated by one of the Star Wars parody bosses, you are sent to the whole dungeon, do it over again. And if you complete the dungeon but you fail on the, say, Death-School Gangsters (For I do not remember their names), you will be sent to do the whole dungeon over again. I doubt anyone likes that.
*Thieves' Den. You're welcome.

Explorer
May 25, 2011
This is one of the most incredibly minute details, but ... when placing Lambent's Staff of Afterglow on a wall the image on the hotbar is different from the actual staff. It shows an image of a staff that resembles the ones Aphrodite II drops.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Upon complying the quest "Tower Defense" given by Sizani Sunruner in Zamunda Outskirts, the dialogue says "At least we can breath a little easier" while the voice actor says "at last we can breath a little easier."