Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cyrus Drake's Red Correcting Pen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Professor, during the Advanced Combat quest, Diego claims that the Fire Ward card will be triggered by the next incoming Ice spell.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
In one of Philosoraptor's quests, he read it 'says' but what's written in the dialogue is 'say'.

It's not a grammatical error nor a major one.

It is either of his two quests, I am not sure, though.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
the master of fire on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
when i type in 1 or 2 it says it is wrong so i can't realy say anything awsome to them
This is so you can't give away phone numbers.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
In the mooshu quest "Strange Medicine", Hakaru Yip asks you to find "imp dirt" but the piles that you collect are named "corrupted earth".

Survivor
Jan 21, 2014
When Endora Tangletree grabs the mist wood from you for makng a crafting station it says "Miss Tangletree gets to work with hammer plane and saw. In a few moments you have a nice little work table" When it should be "Miss Tangletree gets to work with a hammer plane and saw. In a few moments you have a nice little work table"

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Not a grammatical error nor a major one.

In one of Inyanga WhiteStripe's dialogues, he read it as "Old Times" but what's written in the dialogue box is "Old Time".

Part of the quest "TAKE ME IN".

Can be found in the Banyan Tower, Tyrian Gorge, Khrysalis.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
While it's not exactly a text error, I just fought the Samoorai Youchimo. His defeat speach got cut mind word, on the word "fight". What it sounded like is definitely not kid friendly.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
Ok, In "Krokatopia", In "The Palace Of Fire"...

Lieutenant Standish's Quest: After you do the quest that makes you fight...I think 4 Kroks and 4 Flame servants...
When you return to Standish, He says that "I may have taken a few risks but..."

And I always thought that he was suppose to say "It may have taken a few risks"

Sorry That I can't really remember the EXACT quest and exactly what he said, but I do know that it is a quest from Standish and that it is suppose to say "It" Instead of "I"!

Lol I hope I was right

Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
In Myth School quest for the Basilisk spell, I think it is when Drake sends you to the library in Dragonspyre but not totally sure he says "quite" instead of "quiet."

This is awful to have to red pen the red penner.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2011
One big correction to the chat should be the words of the following: Whole or Hole; Especially words that can come out to another word, I won't make an example because it's self-explanatory, but Everyday words that are commonly used do come across most being censored. It's very frustrating to have a simple conversation without RED coming all over my words. So, Take in mind, I'd appreciate it if you correct some censored words. It's simply called "Open Chat" for a reason.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
the chest in black palace in zafaria has the boss name of the one in mirror lake

Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
As ironic as this may seem (and, in fact, is), the final line of the update notes under the section "Miscellaneous Updates (it's the little things) reads: "Plus more spelling fixes than we can possibly list!" The word 'can' should be changed to the word 'can't ' so as to properly reflect the meaning of the point the author was trying to convey. ("Ironic, isn't it?" - Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes)
'

Survivor
Dec 01, 2013
In the Grizzleheim book quest it tells me to find the story of the eorl which should be story of the earl
This might just be because British grammar is different from American grammar.
Please may KI fix this

Many thanks

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
When doing the quest Dworgyn the death teacher gives you to get the spell scarecrow he says "To tell you know would be premature." see the error? It should say now not know.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2012
A funny thing the sylvia drake ghost boss should be death and not life she was life but since she was a ghost she should be death school.

~Hunter WildSphere

To Cyrus DrakeMyth teacher

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
Mark Darkstone on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
As ironic as this may seem (and, in fact, is), the final line of the update notes under the section "Miscellaneous Updates (it's the little things) reads: "Plus more spelling fixes than we can possibly list!" The word 'can' should be changed to the word 'can't ' so as to properly reflect the meaning of the point the author was trying to convey. ("Ironic, isn't it?" - Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes)
'
No, this is correct as is. Take a look at the differences between the 2 yourself:

Plus more spelling fixes than we can possibly list!

Plus more spelling fixes than we can not possibly list!

See your error now? If not, then keep looking at it until you see it. The orange line is correct grammar, trust me.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
In Wysteria, the sign outside Geoffery Spellsmith's door says that he sells athames, decks, and wands. I checked inside, hoping for a new wand, but he doesn't sell wands. I hope you will take down the wand symbol so others will not become confused as well. The wand symbol is also on the map.

Miranda DaisySteed, Level 34 Theurgist

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Malorn AshThorn446 on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
No, this is correct as is. Take a look at the differences between the 2 yourself:

Plus more spelling fixes than we can possibly list!

Plus more spelling fixes than we can not possibly list!

See your error now? If not, then keep looking at it until you see it. The orange line is correct grammar, trust me.
To add on, what Malorn is saying is that because of the word "than", it means to compare the opposite of what is intended. If the word "than" were not there, then it would be safe to say "Plus more spelling fixes we cannot possibly list."

And kudos, Malorn, love the name... taking after the death student in Ravenwood?

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
Professor Drake on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
We are always on the lookout for those hidden spelling errors or grammar issues, or any other written type of elements in the game.

Find something that is incorrect? Please let us know here! Cyrus thanks you!
brillant light a spell and cloak a spell then this to are combined it makes
brillant light give the caster a charm and not the party and it's a globe spell
it's been like this then cloak came out as a spell

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
In the second goal of the "Tomb Sweet Tomb" quest, Tiziri is spelt Tziri

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
I'll try to pay more attention on my next character's journey for any grammatical errors. One that really stuck out to me that I've noticed on all my characters (simply because I enjoy reading what bosses have to say) is that Calypso, one of the last few bosses in Celestia, still says "Journey now to the Treasury and recover our treasure. If if is restored, we will lend you our blades!" The error can clearly be acknowledged by the repeating "if"s, where the first should remain untouched and the other should be changed to either "it" or "the treasure". This occurs on the quest titled "Treasure This"; a short quest where you are asked to retrieve and return the treasure to Calypso. Hope this helps!

-Aerier

Survivor
Oct 03, 2013
When you first enter the City of Sardonyx when the mana orbs activate, Ezekiel the Lucent says "Did those mana globes active on your arrival?" But, the voice says "Did those mana globes activate on your arrival?". So yeah, that's pretty much it.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Hi, I have a correction I'd like KI to take a look at.

On quest, Me and My Arrow, the text on dialogue box #3 doesn't line up with the reading/audio.

Ogden Peake says: I promised Arrow a little play-thing when I returned... nice little collar for it to wear!
While the text reads: I promised Arrow a little play-mate when I returned... nice little collar for it to wear!

Please correct play-mate in the text to play-thing so the text and the audio line up.

Ogden Peake is found in the Celestia Base Camp, the quest, again, is Me and My Arrow, and the mistake is found inside the third dialogue box.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
Do you know of the spell "Supernova" or "Powernova"? Well in the text chat, "Supernovas/Powernovas" for plural which shows up white. "Supernovae" is plural for "Supernova" and "Powernovae" should be plural for "Powernova".

Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
When having a conversation with friends, if I mention the slowpoke sloth mount, the word sloth appears as red and I can't see the word when I say it. However, my friends see the word with no problem!

Also, I can't say the word whole! It is hard to respond when asked, "How much of this dungeon do you need to do?"
I know that I could say the word entire, but that doesn't come up naturally in a conversation!

Thanks,
Jason Nightshade