Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cyrus Drake's Red Correcting Pen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
In the quest "Radiance Reborn" in Radiance Reborn, it says you need to talk to the Celestial Crab. Hart, and Serpent in Ruined Alcazar, but they are found in Radiance Reborn.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2014
In the Avalon quest "call the banners", on the quest picture in your quest tab it says to talk to Sir Perry Gilliam in caliburn. However, as gwendolyn says, sir perry is in the high road.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2015
George Washington on Dec 24, 2015 wrote:
One of the quest goals for Feels So Good is to go to Tomar Skyblades's tower, but the character's name is actually Tomar Skyblade without an S.
It has a ' because it is possessive. Classic Grammer

Joruneyman
16-20

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Item: Cat Wanted Poster (from Marleybone)

The caption under the cat's picture says: "Wanted for beig a bad guy and stealing stuff!" ... the "n" is missing from "being".

Hero
May 07, 2015
in black eyed flowers quest in Azteca she says: i need a scale. hair. or even a horn from each type of hungry dead. but the audio says: I need a scale. a CLAW. or even a horn from each type of hungry dead.

the audio is incorrect.

Miranda jade song level 88 pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
At the beginning of Nordrilund, Hyglak Silverpelt asks "Can you help my brother and I?" You can help "me", but you cannot help "I".

Shortly thereafter, the blacksmith invites you into his shop, and once you are in he repeats the invitation even though you are already in.

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Hello! Prof. Drake, there is a spelling error with the quest "General Akilles" When Nolan Stormgate says "Then you must challenge General Akilles in combat. Cyclopes are honor-bound. According to the Cyclops Code of Honor, he can't refuse to fight you."

Shouldn't it be, "Then you must challenge General Akilles in combat. Cyclops are honor-bound. According to the Cyclops Code of Honor, he can't refuse to fight you" Isn't Cyclops plural and singular for the single-eyed giant in Greek Myth Just wondering because I study Greek Myth and I've always seen it spelled Cyclops.

Thank you!

(I love Balance Myth Death)

Kayla Griffin Lvl 60, Isabella Fairytail Lvl 29, Kayla Drake Lvl 8, Esmee Deathblood Lvl 35

Survivor
Apr 26, 2011
I'm not sure if this counts, but in the Avalon quest "Lute Drop", when defeating the Redcaps to get the lute, if you fail to get it it says "Did not receive information from Redcap" instead of "did not receive lute from Redcap"... Just stuck out to me..

Julia Iceblood

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
In the dialogue when Ezekiel the Lucent gives the quest "Right Here Right Now", he says "giver her this badge" instead of "give her this badge".

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
How ironic!

When you learn a spell from Cyrus, he says "Don't not make me look ridiculous"

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
MythWizardForeves on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
The Hades and Zeus gear says Hades' and Zeus' rather than Hades's and Zeus's. It is grammatically incorrect. Even though the names end in s, they are still singular and thus need apostrophe s added to the end rather than just an s.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth
Not true. Both ways are grammatically correct.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
Julia Iceblood on Mar 31, 2016 wrote:
I'm not sure if this counts, but in the Avalon quest "Lute Drop", when defeating the Redcaps to get the lute, if you fail to get it it says "Did not receive information from Redcap" instead of "did not receive lute from Redcap"... Just stuck out to me..

Julia Iceblood
You need to fight the redcaps so you can get the info on who has the lute currently

Explorer
Apr 06, 2013
In the quest 'From Dusk to Dawn' in mirkholm keep, it says the right thing when it says 'New quest: From Dusk to Dawn' but in the spell book it says something different. I dont know exactly what, though.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2008
Cori SkullBlood on Apr 9, 2016 wrote:
In the quest 'From Dusk to Dawn' in mirkholm keep, it says the right thing when it says 'New quest: From Dusk to Dawn' but in the spell book it says something different. I dont know exactly what, though.
The quest is actually called "From Dusk the Dawn" not "From Dusk to Dawn"

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
On the character badges page, my page reads under Polaris Badges,

1/1 Vigilant Jarilo

I'm guessing that second 1 should be a higher number.

Hero
May 07, 2015
markopolo100 on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
On the character badges page, my page reads under Polaris Badges,

1/1 Vigilant Jarilo

I'm guessing that second 1 should be a higher number.
same for me but its for ivan the greater

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Hello,
In Marleybone, Chelsea Court, you are sent to fight Shakes O'Leary. However, if you use the teleport hub, you will notice it says "To Shake's Tower" and it labels the tower in the map as "Shake's Tower."
If his name is Shakes, then the correct term should be "Shakes'/Shakes's Tower."

Best of luck!
S.S.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
In Ravenscar, the quest "The Tower of Lore" has a spelling error. Once you defeat Stragoi Gallowgrief, Hrafn appears and talks to you. When he reads the scroll, the narrator says, "Hrafen reads the ancient scroll..."
Hrafn is spelled wrong and has an 'e'.
Thanks for making this topic, glad to see the Spiral is being perfected lol :)

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
DiamondAngel1234 on Mar 26, 2016 wrote:
Hello! Prof. Drake, there is a spelling error with the quest "General Akilles" When Nolan Stormgate says "Then you must challenge General Akilles in combat. Cyclopes are honor-bound. According to the Cyclops Code of Honor, he can't refuse to fight you."

Shouldn't it be, "Then you must challenge General Akilles in combat. Cyclops are honor-bound. According to the Cyclops Code of Honor, he can't refuse to fight you" Isn't Cyclops plural and singular for the single-eyed giant in Greek Myth Just wondering because I study Greek Myth and I've always seen it spelled Cyclops.

Thank you!

(I love Balance Myth Death)

Kayla Griffin Lvl 60, Isabella Fairytail Lvl 29, Kayla Drake Lvl 8, Esmee Deathblood Lvl 35
The plural term for more than one Cyclops is really "Cyclopes", so Nolan Stormgate may have a bit of a vocal grammar problem, along with his spelling problem.

Clearly, Professor Cyrus Drake may need to have a quick session with Nolan on that, should he have some spare moments. So, any other quest that holds that grammar error, too?

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Here's some more dialogue typo errors to place your red pen to use towards them, Professor Cyrus Drake.

1. During the quest, "A Dream of Wizard City", on the dark moment where Merle Ambrose magically confiscates Young Morganthe's wand and spell decks on the eve of her expulsion in Khrysalis' Second Chamber of the Mind in Radiance Reborn, while the Wizards all experience it in her 2nd memory by solo, her voiceover says, "No, no, no, no, no, don't you dare, don't you think that you can do this to me for one second, I won't let you, I can't live without my magic!", but the text says "No, no, don't you dare, don't you think you can do this to me for one second...".

2. During the quest, "The Basstille", in The Bastille's Cell Block A in Polaris, Ivan's voiceover says, "Now that was an entrance! You even got one more than Ivan did! But where did you learn such strong magic?", but the text says, "Now that was entrance!".

3. After defeating Malistaire once and for all in the quest, "The Sound of His Wings", in Castle Darkmoor's Graveyard, Sylvia Drake's voiceover said, "Dear, sweet Malistaire, pain and sorrow have consumed you... Death and Shadow have made you into something monstrous...", but the text says "...pain and sorrow have consumed you. And death and Shadow have made you into something monstrous...", however, her voiceover doesn't say, "And...", in the text.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
I'm not really sure (I didn't listen too closely), but Suzie Gryphonbane in Triton Avenue's voice actress sounds like she says something along the lines of
"He thinks that the force behind all of this could be there."

If you read the text it says
"He thinks that the force beyond all of this could be there."

As I said, I'm not totally sure about this, but I decided to submit it anyway.

Thanks!
Nicole MistBright
Level 57

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
I have one that is minor, but existent.

Going through the quest Dead Leaves, in which you enter Darkmoor, there is a phrase on the gravestone. It is "Denn die Todten reiten Schnell."

However, German grammar does not capitalize "schnell" because it is not a noun. As you see, the translation is best said as "for the dead ride/travel fast."

With that being said, "schnell" means "fast," which is an adjective, and thus should not be capitalized.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2013
For the lvl 88 ice spell quest, lord of winter, Xipli tailbiter says that the icy powder is so cold that it cannot EVEN thaw, when really it is spelled that it cannot EVER thaw...

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Quest "To the Seas", Balthazar Dragonstone says "Prospector Zeke told me Pierce Stanson was last known to be accompanying Celestian Expedition"

A "the" should proceed Celestian Expedition.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
In the quest "Skyfall" in the Ruined Alcazar, Khrysalis, there is a spelling error in Hanzo Yelloweye's dialogue. When you enter the cave and he taunts you, the second page, I believe it is, says, "She [Morganthe] sent us here so than..." Than should actually be that. The voice used 'that', though.