Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Speed up duels when afk (away from keyboard)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
If I am going to be afk (to answer the door, let the dog out, etc.) during a duel, how about offering the ability to set an "auto-pass" mode until I return? Maybe an "auto-pass" button next to the existing regular "pass"? Some boss fights can be so long that real life gets in the way .

This would go well with my suggestion to add a 5-second delay after the last spell/pass for a given round in the duel, so the returning wizard has a chance to revert back to normal play by selecting normal pass or a spell.
IGN: Diana Raveneyes

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Afk players are my absolute least favorite part of the game, and one of the prime reasons I don't enjoy doing dungeons with strangers.

I think the option you are discussing would be very nice to have, and would introduce mite of courtesy when life pulls us away from the keyboard for a minute.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2013
fufu001 on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
If I am going to be afk (to answer the door, let the dog out, etc.) during a duel, how about offering the ability to set an "auto-pass" mode until I return? Maybe an "auto-pass" button next to the existing regular "pass"? Some boss fights can be so long that real life gets in the way .

This would go well with my suggestion to add a 5-second delay after the last spell/pass for a given round in the duel, so the returning wizard has a chance to revert back to normal play by selecting normal pass or a spell.
IGN: Diana Raveneyes
Yes I think this is a really good idea. I do Pagoda and Winterbane and people just get off for what seems like forever and your stuck with a thirty second gap between all attacks which is very annoying to me.

Ethan, level 31 Wizard
Notable quote,"Get ready to feel the burn!"

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
Yes!!!! Best idea ever!!!!