Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I buy back training points?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
My primary school is Ice and my secondary is Fire. I'm considering buying back my training points and switching from Fire to either Death or Life. Do you think I should stick with Fire? Or should I switch? And if you think I should switch, what should I switch to?

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
That depends. Did you purchase a fire master amulet? if not I highly advise you to switch to life type. your an ice wizard, you will have high resistance to all types. If you purchase the life amulet you could cast satyr and fairy with ease. not to mention you are now open to life TC and dispels. Sure you can go storm but you won't do nearly as much damage as a storm wizard. So as a life wizard I say go life. I will hate battling you but this is my honest advice.

Wolf Lightblade lvl 95 Life

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Natalie BlueHeart on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:
My primary school is Ice and my secondary is Fire. I'm considering buying back my training points and switching from Fire to either Death or Life. Do you think I should stick with Fire? Or should I switch? And if you think I should switch, what should I switch to?
Welcome to the message boards Natalie. It kind of depends on where you are. If you are close to getting to Celestia then buy them back but don't train for any on the secondary schools unless you want to pick up some life spells. You can use all those extra points for the new schools that you can train with in Celestia. Your secondary school at lower levels is more of a preference thing. If you really like the spells from that school then by all means train there. Life is a good second to ice. You can also get some extra blades and shields from the tree in Krokotopia or you can get dispels from the secret trainer. It just depends on what you like to use. I suggest you just visit all the trainers and study what they have and see what appeals to you. You can even just pick up some extra shields from the guy in the Wizard City Fairgrounds. The possibilities are endless. Just decide what you can utilize best with your fighting style.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
Dear Chrissy Th'Blesser,

I now have realized, after a while of playing Wizard101, that you should probably have spells from one school in each opposite pair. What I mean by opposite pair is fire:ice, myth:storm, death:life. I am a fire wizard and chose my second school as ice, yet now I have created the plan to chose one school out of each of these pairs. I still have ice, but now I am trying to learn some storm and I still haven't decided whether to choose life or death. If I were you, I would simply stick with the fire spells you have, yet the next time you get a traning point, spend it on a new school. I would suggest this new school to be storm, yet you can chose whatever school you like. If you really can't decide, put two pieces of paper in a bag/hat. One says life, the other, death. Draw a name from the bag. This is the school you should go to! Or, you can choose Myth or Balance if you prefer them or can't make up your mind about Death or Life.

Amber SpiritShade Magus Pyromancer

Survivor
May 04, 2013
It really depends on what works for you. The standard way I use my training points is life until Satyr, ice until tower shield, and death until feint. After that I make sure that I pick up reshuffle, and grab the elemental or spirit blades/traps. I usually train in star magic after that. Hope this helps

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Hi, Natalie! Welcome to the message boards!

(since Dr. Von has allowed you to enter her domain, why not grab a bucket of tuna-flavoured pudding and stay awhile?)

If I'm to be completely honest with you, you don't need a full secondary school; train Death to Feint, Reshuffle, the elemental blades and traps from Niles (the balance tree) in Krokotopia, and bank the rest for the enhancement spells at level 50+.

Having a second school is a waste of pips and real money, for 2 reasons:

a) using the spells efficiently requires a mastery amulet, which costs 20$;
b) you will, undoubtedly, buy your training points back later, which is also expensive.

My first wizard (balance) had Fire as a secondary, and I ended up buying all of my points back at level 80~ it cost me 12,500 crowns, which is about $25 in real money that I could have easily wasted elsewhere. So, unless you plan to PvP a lot, you don't need either... You and your (or your parents') wallet will thank you later, trust me.

Welcome, once again, to the boards and the Spiral!

-von

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
I would suggest buying then back and getting life since ice wizards have a lot of health you may want to train up to satyr so when you are rally low on health you can get a lot of health back. Sometimes training the opposite of your school can be a bad thing normally life is a good secondary school for all classes (except life obviously :P )