Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Hades Run,... timed drops?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
My Myth and Balance got their Hades gear in about 90 days of running the dungeon.
I fight every night, and twice on Sat and Sunday, trying to get my Gear.
Now my Death has been running it since mid September, 136 runs of about 1.5 hours each.
About 200 hours of dungeon time, and still no Cloak gear, and I had gotten the Helm and the
boots in the first week. So, after 127 runs later, I still don't have a Hades cloak, just don't seem right.

I have run some really fast runs, around 45 minutes, and some really slow runs, round 2 hours or more.
Last night, I ran a run with Iridian Soul, a life wizard, who is one of the best in the game, imo.
I had the chance to run with her once before, and remembered the look and replies.

Iridian stated this, if you can kill Hades in four or five rounds before his statement, "Your time is
running out", the drops are better. I have noticed that when with a Storm Wizard, if we boost his
blades and put up feints, and he one hits, the drops are better.

It seems that the faster you defeat Hades team, the better the drops, and maybe if the defeat is fast
and huge damage is done.

What do you think, have you noticed this too?

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
if this is true then I am going to mercenary 101 and hiring the fastest hades team possible.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I happen to be one of those storm wizards who gets bladed and one hit kills them. Drops are no better in short battles. Drops are random. Nothing you do in battle nor how long the battle lasts changes that.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
My storm got his full set within 10 runs, My death has been in 150+ runs, No Hades' robe of Torment yet, Not even the attack robe, I've gotten just the Hades' Helm of Torment and the Torment boots but thats about it, I feel as if Death has the short straw when it comes to getting what they need to succeed, IT also appears like our prime time was level 50 back in the days :/

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
seethe42 on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
I happen to be one of those storm wizards who gets bladed and one hit kills them. Drops are no better in short battles. Drops are random. Nothing you do in battle nor how long the battle lasts changes that.
I agree. Time doesn't matter. It's all luck. We usually do a 4 or 5 round fight but still get mostly junk.