Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Gone Down?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
Hey everyone,

So I have a storm (95) and balance wizard (95) who both kind of rely on critical while questing and recently I have noticed that the percentages of my critical on both wizards has gone down and it had me very frustrated. Now let me first go over something that has irritated me since Celestia: critical rating is different from percentages, what's the point if that? Why not just put the the percent chance you have to critical up rather than some number that doesn't even matter? It's very deceiving because while 430 critical may look like a lot, 75% isn't so great for Storm. Now on to my gear:

Storm:
Hades' Blackraim helm
Royal storm tunic of Azteca
Heavy rain slippers
Hades staff of tempests

Now the percent of critical used to be 80% but recently it has dropped down to 76%. This may not seem like a lot but it is to me. I not longer critical every round and I have to hope for a critical rather than assume I get one. It is more severe on my balance:

Balance:
Hades' helm of penance
Armor of Zeus' law
Hades boots of justice
Hades staff of reckoning

The percent chance to critical used to be 72%, now it down to a shocking 65, a loss of 7%! I know lots of people have been complaining about the critical in pvp and I suspect that kingsisle has reduced the numbers, but I don't find that fair to those of us who don't pvp ( never will again) and spent many, many hours in Tartarus trying to get this gear.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
It is no mystery; you drop 1% crit per item every 10 wizard levels. It isn't some sneaky thing KI is doing. It is the way the critical/block system has always worked.

So if you have 4 items that together give you 40% crit at level 60, they give 36% at level 70, 32% at level 80, 28% at level 90... etc.

Enemies also gain more block in higher worlds, so your odds of landing a crit (if you get one) also get worse as you level (if you have the same gear).

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Uhm, that robe on your storm... Yeah.. Change that. Those boots on your Balance... That too... Buy the archmage boots.... But then again! My storm has a critical of 508, I don't critical every round, and I think my percentage was like 95 or something, I think it was in the 90's, Don't rely on critical unless your certain of it, As for my storm, He doesn't relly on critical with him still having 96 damage and a pet that boosts it to 102

Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
Thanks for sharing guys. Though I said I rely on critical, the 106 damage on my storm (mostly from pet) helps as well. Glad to know I am not crazy and other people have seen this happen. Merry Christmas!