Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Khrysalis: The End of Astral Magic?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
So far each arc has brought new magic to the game. Malistaires Arc brought the Seven Schools: Fire, Ice, Storm, Balance, Death, Life, and Myth. Morganthe Arc brought Four New Schools: Sun, Star, Moon, and Shadow. Perhaps Khrysalis will be the end of learning the Astral Spells? Maybe the new magic introduced in the Third Arc will be better and we won't want to use Astral Spells? What do you guys think?

-Nick
"When the battle gets deadly, summon a Death Shield"

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Nicholas Hawkspear on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
So far each arc has brought new magic to the game. Malistaires Arc brought the Seven Schools: Fire, Ice, Storm, Balance, Death, Life, and Myth. Morganthe Arc brought Four New Schools: Sun, Star, Moon, and Shadow. Perhaps Khrysalis will be the end of learning the Astral Spells? Maybe the new magic introduced in the Third Arc will be better and we won't want to use Astral Spells? What do you guys think?

-Nick
hmm, no. Can Shadow turn you into something else? (The change in appearance doesn't count.) Also, Shadow Magic has downsides, decreased stats, you need Shadow Pips, and worst of all, the backlash, I want something to lean back on when Shadow isn't a good idea.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2013
I personally think that there will be more shadow magic involved in part 2. So far there are only 3 spells for the shadow magic. If you look at the trailer on there youtube page you will see 2 extra shadow pips! This i think they ment to put it in so you can see the future and i think that it is not the end of astral magic i think it will be mixed with shadow magic it self post more notes!

Historian
May 06, 2009
Nicholas Hawkspear on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:

-Nick
It's possible that things will be like Avalon where no new Astral spells came about and then in Azteca, new Astral spells. It could be the same with Khrysalis. After Khrysalis, Astral and Shadow Magic spells will come about together with every few worlds. Would make me happy cause I like all the supplementary schools

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
Astral magic, especially sun school and star school, is by far the most useful side school in the game, way more so than shadow. Now, two of the last three worlds have lacked astral spells, and Azteca had no damage sun spells. Shadow is fine, but has major drawbacks in backlash, negative effects, etc. I hope to find a new damage and accuracy sun spell in Khrysalis pt 2 or the next world, like colossal+keen eyes+maybe 5% pierce, and a star spell with 25% life damage, +5% power pip, and +10% inc death. Also, perhaps a more powerful version of fortify with a slight drawback, like -25% inc damage, -10% outgoing damage. Maybe shadow spells with less backlash and less negative statistics and more positive statistics for multiple shadow pips. Also, it would be nice if we knew what our shadow pip % is. Moon school i have never really seen the point of as a life. Pretty much the only useful moon spells are life ones for healing, and the healing is mediocre on these. I hope KI will introduce better polymorphs with more health, some universal resistance, like 5% for schools it is weak against and 10% against others, maybe 40-50% for its school (ice of course higher), some more damage boost for its school, maybe 15% for ice to 55% for storm, incoming healing for non-lifes, maybe 10%-15%, for lifes that + 25% outgoing; essentially a moon spell that you could feasibly use without regretting it in most battles, maybe with rebirth for the lifes and up to the 9-10 pi spells, depending when released.

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
I really hope you're wrong. Astral magic, especially sun school and star school, is by far the most useful side school in the game, way more so than shadow. I hope to find a new damage and accuracy sun spell in Khrysalis pt 2 or the next world, like colossal + sniper + maybe 5% pierce, and a star spell with 25% life damage, +5% power pip, and +10% inc death. Also, perhaps a more powerful version of fortify with a slight drawback, like -25% inc damage, -10% outgoing damage. Maybe shadow spells with less backlash and less negative statistics and more positive statistics for multiple shadow pips. Also, it would be nice if we knew what our shadow pip % is.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
actually shadow magic as we have it so far is astral magic simply 'corrupted' (moon school polymorphs with stat boosting effects instead of deck changing)

And i think it is safe to say that the dying STAR stone will be 'corrupted' star magic ie an aura that has both positive and negative effects along side the backlash(though we already have regular star spells like that berzerker and the school specific damage boost aura)

Of course i could be completely and utterly wrong but just guessing

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
Discord Spiders on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
actually shadow magic as we have it so far is astral magic simply 'corrupted' (moon school polymorphs with stat boosting effects instead of deck changing)

And i think it is safe to say that the dying STAR stone will be 'corrupted' star magic ie an aura that has both positive and negative effects along side the backlash(though we already have regular star spells like that berzerker and the school specific damage boost aura)

Of course i could be completely and utterly wrong but just guessing
HA! School specific damage boost aura. Pfft. Never been able to use one at all, because i'm a life and KI has some incredibly annoying stereotypes about the schools they will never deviate from.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
beastmaster202 on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
HA! School specific damage boost aura. Pfft. Never been able to use one at all, because i'm a life and KI has some incredibly annoying stereotypes about the schools they will never deviate from.
I agree with you, I'm a healer in pvp, but when it comes to worlds, I'm a tank. I do 80 damage and 300 critical and everyone is surprised to see a life with thoes stats and my health is 5,000+. KI can be steriotipical about life wizards. I want them to give us a school specific aura with damage, not health. And at the same time I've seen storm wizards with damage as high as 105 without any potions on. And they can spam crit with 490+ critical. Life can be strong too and I think it's time for us to prevail and show everyone that they are wrong about life wizards.
Gabriel Rainbowshield lvl 95

Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
The only useful think i have used shadow for is for the Cerberus battle in Tartarus. That's it