Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Share bank idea

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 30, 2013
I think that people would like to be able to put treasure cards and gold in their share bank to transfer between characters. I think it would especially benefit and please people who plan on deleting a character to be able to move all their stuff to another character on their account. It would be a waste of gold to sell all your treasure cards and or have gold sitting there if you plan on deleting a character to revamp later. Just a thought. Please keep me posted if this idea becomes reality.

Glitchie

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ambrose Cain on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
I think that people would like to be able to put treasure cards and gold in their share bank to transfer between characters. I think it would especially benefit and please people who plan on deleting a character to be able to move all their stuff to another character on their account. It would be a waste of gold to sell all your treasure cards and or have gold sitting there if you plan on deleting a character to revamp later. Just a thought. Please keep me posted if this idea becomes reality.

Glitchie
Professor Greyrose has already said no. Many times.
sorry

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
I think this idea would be very useful (unless if you're deleting an Level 1 or an Level 5 or 10 character 'cause they wouldn't have much). Still, I would love to be able to do this. I would love to be able to trade gold amounts through the Shared Bank on the same account. Trading gold amounts and TC through the Shared Bank would be AWESOME and very usefull and also not so wasteful especially if you're planning on deleting the character. Nice idea, I'm hoping Kingsisle would consider doing this :D

Survivor
Dec 06, 2011
The thing is, the innocent among players see all the benefits of such an option. The experienced and perhaps a little cynical, see it as an easy exploit the 'others' would use to make all their characters ridiculously hard across all levels. How much fun would the game be then, if you couldn't win in pvp, or pet derby, as just two examples?

I think it's safe to say this will never happen, thankfully.

Explorer
Sep 30, 2013
What I mean is, you mess up on a character build and you want to redo it. Said character has high level, lots of gold and treasure cards that you can still use if you can move them in a share bank to your new character. This is particularly useful, or would be, if you didn't have many friends to trade cards with or who give you more cards when you're trying to get rid of yours.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2011
I agree with what you're saying; for it's intended purpose it is a good idea. Unfortunately it would likely be used more often than that by players wishing to gather all the good stuff on several wizards and place them on the new wizard, meaning that wizards would be equipped with a host of items they would not otherwise have access to. Some items are quest specific but not school specific and have a relatively wide range of wizard levels who can use them. It's not hard to see the (unfair) advantages that could be gained from having such a system. The energy penalty for removing a pet from the shared bank shows the same line of thinking.

One workaround that might work for you though, would be to trade your tc's etc with someone you trust (a real life friend probably) then get them to trade them back onto your other character. For "no trade" items however, they really are stuck on the wizard who picked them up.