Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia onward

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2013
So Celestia is ridiculously hard. From here on out is the game designed for us to fight with 2 or more people? I really like the game, but most of the time prefer to be on my own. If I need to fight with 2 or 3 people it will be hard going. Any advice or recommendations? Why is Celestia cranked up 10X harder than Mooshu, Dragonspyre or Grizzleheim? Doesn't make sense to me. Demoralized!

Where and what is Wintertusk? Is it a world? I have not seen or heard that?

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Personally, Celestia was probably the easiest world for me. I did WinterTusk before it, and that really helped out. So if you haven't done WinterTusk yet, I'd recomend it. You'll level up a LOT.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2013
What is Wintertusk? It is not on my world list through the Spiral? Can I do it if I do not have it on my list?

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Don't do Wintertusk. It wastes your time and wastes times you can be getting closer to Khrysalis, instead of focusing on side worlds. It is very hard to get to wintertusk, as well. Celestia is super hard, but you just have to push through the challenges and buy henchmen or just try your hardest.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2012
Dear Poster,

Thanks for telling me that Celestia is pretty hard for weak wizards and we should do WinterTusk before we move on.

I'm just level 35 right now. (I'm pretty weak if I were to do Celestia missions) and

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
If you feel like Celestia is too hard, maybe you are underleved. I suggest you do Wintertusk, and other side quests from previous worlds that you have skipped. When I started CL I was something like level 56 from doing WT, so maybe do that :)
Also, make sure you have the right spells in your deck. In mob fights it's a good idea to have AoE spells to take out the enemies easily - e.g. if you're Fire like me, just spam Meteor Strike (with the highest sun school enchantment on it you own). In boss fights, quickly take out the minion so you can focus on the boss. In Celestia you have the chance to start training in Astral spells, so make use of these (you have to be at least level 50 though).
Good luck.

Sierra

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
The worlds from Celestia on (the second arc of the Wizard101 story) tend to be a lot harder than the first arc worlds. It is possible to solo them, but it takes longer. If you are finding it more difficult you are not alone -- a number of people on these boards say they find the second arc too complicated in fights and prefer the first arc.

My first time through I had a lot of friends and a lot of help -- it is more fun that way. But since then a lot of the original friends have moved on and my later wizards have been doing the second arc alone much of the time. It also takes a bit more planning in battle strategy, to make your spells hit strong and to keep an eye on health at the same time. The second arc worlds can still be really fun -- but they are not as whimsical and magical as the first arc, generally speaking.

Nathaniel is right that it helps to do Wintertusk first.

Also, check out the boards for the world you are on -- you can get a lot of good tips and even sometimes find help and friends that way.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Wintertusk is the last part of Grizzleheim. It comes after Ravenscar. You should do Wintertusk before you do Celestia so you will have more level and better gear. Wintertusk gives a lot of EXP too, so you can level up enough to craft the 56 gear or farm Waterworks. That gear will make you a lot stronger & then Celestia will not be hard.

I do suggest making some friends in game though. It is wise to team for boss fights at least.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Angela Gem on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
Don't do Wintertusk. It wastes your time and wastes times you can be getting closer to Khrysalis, instead of focusing on side worlds. It is very hard to get to wintertusk, as well. Celestia is super hard, but you just have to push through the challenges and buy henchmen or just try your hardest.
Wow, I have never heard anyone say this before!

Wintertusk is one of the best areas in the game. It gives great experience boosts, lots of good items for sale at the Bazaar (and is thus the best place to farm for gold), is needed for leveled spell quests, and has hands down the best crafted equipment in the game.

Definitely do Wintertusk!

As for what Wintertusk is, it is the second (and better) half of the Grizzleheim world. You get a quest to open up access to WT after you have finished the Ravenscar part of GH. This post explains it:
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/grizzleheim-wintertusk/how-do-i-get-to-wintertusk-35981

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Angela Gem on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
I disagree~ Wintertusk gives much better XP than Celestia and is easier to complete. Any time my wizards had trouble in CL, I sent them to complete WT first, and have had zero problems doing so.

You don't need henchmen, either. If you play your cards right, and if you have top-notch gear (Wintertusk crafted set is the best available at that level, since it has good resist and block, meaning it's almost on-par with level 60 Waterworks gear), there is no reason you can't complete your quests.

To wear and/or craft the aforementioned gear, you must:

1) be level 56 or higher;
2) be a grandmaster crafter (DS crafting badge);
3) have completed all main arc quests through Sudrilund in Wintertusk.

To the OP: best of luck leveling up!

-von

Historian
May 06, 2009
FinnAgainWindrider on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
Wow, I have never heard anyone say this before!

Wintertusk is one of the best areas in the game. It gives great experience boosts, lots of good items for sale at the Bazaar (and is thus the best place to farm for gold), is needed for leveled spell quests, and has hands down the best crafted equipment in the game.

Definitely do Wintertusk!

As for what Wintertusk is, it is the second (and better) half of the Grizzleheim world. You get a quest to open up access to WT after you have finished the Ravenscar part of GH. This post explains it:
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/grizzleheim-wintertusk/how-do-i-get-to-wintertusk-35981
"As for what Wintertusk is, it is the second (and better) half of the Grizzleheim world."
Better? Ah, I really like Grizzlehiem... but Wintertusk has it's perks (like the music). I still leave Grizzlehiem number one.

Anyway, miscellaneous opinions aside, yes, do Wintertusk before or a little after beginning Celestia. I did this when Wintertusk came out and while I started Celestia. It brings your level up to a point where Celestia is just second nature. It helps you practice for the cheating bosses that appear throughout Celestia. Also, Wintertusk brought new Level 35 and 55 utility spells that can really help you as you progress in Celestia (the Level 35 spells are acquired in Grizzlehiem). Also, Wintertusk brought new level 58 pets to go with your Level 58 spells. In my opinion, the level 58 pets are the best the game has offered to schools. I'm Level 95 in Death and I still will only use my Scarecrow pet for main line quests.

In short, take the time to do Wintertusk and the 2nd Arc becomes a breeze. You'll gain more experience to gain more levels, new spells, and cool pets that will make the 2nd Arc so much easier.