Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Believe Morganthe is Sealing Her Own Fate

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
We're almost to an end with this long and perilous journey to stop Morganthe. With the addition of Khrysalis, we've learned that Morganthe has actually been coveting the knowledge of Shadow Magic. But I think Morganthe is sealing her own fate by trying to learn Shadow Magic.

Think about it.

We've come to Khrysalis with a desperate plan after the events of Azteca: arm ourselves with anything we can, and defeat Morganthe, then release the Lords of Night. Pretty straight forward right? Using the things we've done so far in Khrysalis, it seems we're only trying to disrupt and distract Morganthe as much as possible, undo all her wicked deeds on Khrysalis. But what are we suppose to do once we meet her in her palace of horrors? Plee she decides to abandon her persuits and face the music peacefully? Hah! When Gobblers eat vegetables.

Currently, I haven't seen anything in the story this far showing us and preparing use to defeat Morganthe (yes, I am aware this is only Part 1). But I just don't see us building some kind of prison or trap that will be able to contain Morganthe. When we look at Malistaire's end, his came to "death" after we beat him and because, while powerful, he was in a state of vulnerability compared to us. But we never tried to devise a way to seal him away. I doubt Morganthe will just die from our spells like Malistaire. She's far too strong for such an ending.

Morganthe looks to learn Shadow Magic and the Song of Creation which, together, will allow her to bend the Spiral to her whim. But when we look at Shadow Magic, it is a force that will not only boost you with tremendous power, but also be your own undoing. Shadow Magic comes will Backlash damage, and I believe that is as prominent in the story as it is in game play. What if after Morganthe completely learns Shadow Magic, it comes back to bite her? She tryed to learn Shadow Magic before in Wizard City and nearly destroyed the place, and I doubt she's had as much practice since then. I think the Backlash of Shadow Magic will bring Morganthe to an unsavable punishment. The power she thought she could handle, would that fact of her own demise. A sad, but fitting end, in my opinion.

Any thoughts?

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
We're almost to an end with this long and perilous journey to stop Morganthe. With the addition of Khrysalis, we've learned that Morganthe has actually been coveting the knowledge of Shadow Magic. But I think Morganthe is sealing her own fate by trying to learn Shadow Magic.

Think about it.

We've come to Khrysalis with a desperate plan after the events of Azteca: arm ourselves with anything we can, and defeat Morganthe, then release the Lords of Night. Pretty straight forward right? Using the things we've done so far in Khrysalis, it seems we're only trying to disrupt and distract Morganthe as much as possible, undo all her wicked deeds on Khrysalis. But what are we suppose to do once we meet her in her palace of horrors? Plee she decides to abandon her persuits and face the music peacefully? Hah! When Gobblers eat vegetables.

Currently, I haven't seen anything in the story this far showing us and preparing use to defeat Morganthe (yes, I am aware this is only Part 1). But I just don't see us building some kind of prison or trap that will be able to contain Morganthe. When we look at Malistaire's end, his came to "death" after we beat him and because, while powerful, he was in a state of vulnerability compared to us. But we never tried to devise a way to seal him away. I doubt Morganthe will just die from our spells like Malistaire. She's far too strong for such an ending.

Morganthe looks to learn Shadow Magic and the Song of Creation which, together, will allow her to bend the Spiral to her whim. But when we look at Shadow Magic, it is a force that will not only boost you with tremendous power, but also be your own undoing. Shadow Magic comes will Backlash damage, and I believe that is as prominent in the story as it is in game play. What if after Morganthe completely learns Shadow Magic, it comes back to bite her? She tryed to learn Shadow Magic before in Wizard City and nearly destroyed the place, and I doubt she's had as much practice since then. I think the Backlash of Shadow Magic will bring Morganthe to an unsavable punishment. The power she thought she could handle, would that fact of her own demise. A sad, but fitting end, in my opinion.

Any thoughts?
Love your post. I completely agree. I still feel like are spells are to weak against her.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
who is to say Morganthe is truly evil? maybe she is secretly trying to bring all the worlds back together once again?
NAW!!!!
better yet with shadow magic and the song of creation, she wants to create a new world, or maybe even an Alternet or Dimensional World.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
I think this is a good idea and might even be how we defeat her maybe???

Think about it:
Morganthe could have 100% universal resist like Malistaire the Undying but she will cast shadow spells many times. The way to defeat her could be to wait out her intensely powerful (boosted?) spells until she casts enough backlash to defeat herself!

Potential Stats(?, changeable):
100% boost to universal damage
100% universal no pierce resist
30, 000 Health

Historian
May 06, 2009
HajimeNoIppo on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
who is to say Morganthe is truly evil? maybe she is secretly trying to bring all the worlds back together once again?
NAW!!!!
better yet with shadow magic and the song of creation, she wants to create a new world, or maybe even an Alternet or Dimensional World.
"who is to say Morganthe is truly evil?"
-Putting Celestia through a century long war and sinking it below the waves
-Enslaving Zafaria
-Aiding in bringing down the crown and transforming King Artorius into the Pendragon in Avalon
-Destroying Azteca
-Oppressing the Burrowers, messing with the Queen of the Bees, and starting a 100 year war in Khrysalis...
Yeah, she's pretty evil

It is possible though that want she is doing is a great good we have not seen. In James Dashner's "The 13th Reality" series, Mistress Jane (a character much like Morganthe, but with a more sympathetic past) nearly destoried the multiverse (the book revolves around different, alternate realities similar to ours) in order to build a Utopia the Realitants (the good guys) looked to find. That went horrible wrong as you read one.

But Morganthe could, in her eyes, be trying to make the Spiral "better" by her standards. But what she said to King Neza in Azteca ("Be your friend? What is this nonsense? I want you to bow down to me and beg for mercy!") begs to differ. I'm not sure how she intends to better or change the Spiral, but the Spiral's been just fine for the past centuries without her meddling. But we'll see in the future.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
That is a great idea. I really hope that we don't have to fight Morganthe in the final battle. I think that she should summon our wizard's first, and deepest enemy. Rattlebones!

He would have extremely high health, and be more powerful. After the end of the battle, Morganthe would attempt to use shadow magic against us, while Merle Ambrose shouts at her not to. She doesn't listen, and attempts to use her magic.

She attempts to use the most powerful spell of all time. It results in a huge explosion, everybody runs away. In the wreckage, Merle Ambrose walks over and finds the ghost of Morganthe.

She asks Merle "forgive me..." which he responds to as "Yes. Morganthe, after all you have done, I forgive you."
The narrator says. "Morganthe smiles a little." Then, as her final words, the ghost says "thank you."

That's just my idea for a cool ending of Morganthe's story arc. Thanks!

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
Maybe, it could be that after she learns all shadow magic that, we learn that after all shadow magic is learned it turns you into a amazing light being like the member of council of light.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Magic Lover on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
I think this is a good idea and might even be how we defeat her maybe???

Think about it:
Morganthe could have 100% universal resist like Malistaire the Undying but she will cast shadow spells many times. The way to defeat her could be to wait out her intensely powerful (boosted?) spells until she casts enough backlash to defeat herself!

Potential Stats(?, changeable):
100% boost to universal damage
100% universal no pierce resist
30, 000 Health
One major flaw with that idea. You cannot die from backlash. It's a percentage of remaining health, so unless she somehow found a way to generate 100% backlash, it's not possible.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
Clumsy Sebastion L... on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:
Maybe, it could be that after she learns all shadow magic that, we learn that after all shadow magic is learned it turns you into a amazing light being like the member of council of light.
not sure we should be inducted into the Council Of Light till the maybe the end of the 3rd arc. not entirely sure of the story, being only archmage, but do think a cool way to end the game would be her attempts of using Shadow magic will back fire, creating a huge explosion, destroying the rest of the spiral, all in a entirely white area stands you, and Moragethe, she'll help you fix the spiral back to its old state, after the first world, a shadowed figure flies out, and the shadow becomes the new boss if the 3rd arc. after a few more worlds you'll defeat the shadow and find out who's the shadow, and it'll be somebody we have met sometime in the past. we bring back the spiral and everybody happy and Ambrose brings you into the Council of Light. sorry if that doesn't make sense or I didn't say it the way I meant it.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
You can die from backlash actually me and a few friends made a game out of it first team to kill them selves wins i won most the time you just have to keep making the shadow form mad then it stops using percentages of health and outright tries to kill you.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
seethe42 on Feb 28, 2014 wrote:
One major flaw with that idea. You cannot die from backlash. It's a percentage of remaining health, so unless she somehow found a way to generate 100% backlash, it's not possible.
You actually can die from backlash. It just requires you having 1 health left. Of course, it'll take forever to get there, unless you keep bringing the backlash to its maximum percentage.