Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Prism

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I think there should be a prism in the game where it changes the attack to a random school. This would only work for balance mostly because the only school it can't turn into is balance. I'm sure that many balance wizards would agree with me because getting to bosses that start to have 20,000 health makes it hard because a balance wizard would have to boost chimera instead of a normal spell. The boss usually just ends up shielding it anyway. I think because the prism is random, it makes the attack fair. I think this would be a very good addition to the game and really needs to be added.

P.S. I wouldn't mind a mass prism either :)

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I posted this idea a while ago but mine was two prisms.

Elemental Prism splits attack into 1/3 each
Spirit Prism splits attack into 1/3 each

Both would use any applicable traps/shields placed before the prism, and only use balance blades for the attack.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Yea exactly. Seriously, balance MoBs on my balance are just plain awful in Khrysalis and such. Seriously, I still have to use Hydra, Chimera, and Spectral Blast...

Maybe our new spell could be a +200 damage fire, ice, storm, myth, death, and life to all. Just an idea.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
A Balanced Life on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
Yea exactly. Seriously, balance MoBs on my balance are just plain awful in Khrysalis and such. Seriously, I still have to use Hydra, Chimera, and Spectral Blast...

Maybe our new spell could be a +200 damage fire, ice, storm, myth, death, and life to all. Just an idea.
That last spell you mentioned.... whoa!!!!! I'd like to see that in action from a very very very VERY safe distance.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
rangertom6 on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
I think there should be a prism in the game where it changes the attack to a random school. This would only work for balance mostly because the only school it can't turn into is balance. I'm sure that many balance wizards would agree with me because getting to bosses that start to have 20,000 health makes it hard because a balance wizard would have to boost chimera instead of a normal spell. The boss usually just ends up shielding it anyway. I think because the prism is random, it makes the attack fair. I think this would be a very good addition to the game and really needs to be added.

P.S. I wouldn't mind a mass prism either :)
I had been thinking about something like this for awhile and here's the idea I had in my head.

A prism that would simply invert the school of the enemy it is placed on. It would show as a balance prism, but when an attack of the same school (as the enemy) is done, it will simply invert it. For a balance enemy, it would convert it to a random school (as you mentioned).

For example, balance prism on a storm enemy, when a storm attack is applied, that attack would be converted to myth. For a balance spell on a balance enemy, it would be randomly converted with no regards to shields or traps (ie wouldn't have any effect on what it's converted to, it would be completely random).

A mass prism of this sort would definitely be welcome as well. The mass prism, though, in all fairness, should cost 3 (regular) pips, since it would provide a little bit of an advantage over other mass prisms. Also, the balance prism should only be available to the balance school (mass prism available to all) with a 0 pip cost.

Would 'balance' things out a little, since a balance wizard using hydra on an elemental enemy would only be 2/3rds effective (without such a prism), while also making it possible to help others out by being able to place balance prisms for others to use as well.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! Finally someone posts about balance prisims! Every balance fight, I was just standing there, blading and shielding, I felt completely useless. especially back in Avalon when we unlocked that unicorn with all those prisims I felt so jealous! hope ki considers this,
Wolf RavenBreath93
"Great minds think alike"

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
master of the sabe... on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! Finally someone posts about balance prisims! Every balance fight, I was just standing there, blading and shielding, I felt completely useless. especially back in Avalon when we unlocked that unicorn with all those prisims I felt so jealous! hope ki considers this,
Wolf RavenBreath93
"Great minds think alike"
I feel like that too sometimes. However, I try to keep in mind that I also handle healing (Life Mastery Amulet, hoping to have Exalted Life Amulet soon). So between healing, blading and trapping (little shielding), I'm helping someone else to build up to do a strong attack. I also tend to carry certain tc to try to handle tower shields and weaknesses, though I'm not always prepared for that.

If KI were to make the prism (and mass prism) as I described it, I think it would 'balance' things out a little. Idea behind preventing other schools from being able to get the balance mass prism is that it would make the other mass prisms practically useless, other than it being a higher pip cost. However, the idea would be for balance wizards to help others by using them when needed (like a life wizard in a battle with life enemies) and letting other schools be able to enjoy it some by being able to use the single balance prism (for a training point, of course).

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I'm so glad that all of you agree with me, especially with the additions too. This, I think, is a so necessary in Wizard101!