Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Test drive a crowns-only mount before buying

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Different mounts have a different "feel" to them; for example, a panther is much bouncier than a broomstick, and steering a Malorian dragon feels like I'm driving an SUV. Currently the only way to find out how a mount handles before buying is to rent it, but for crowns-only mounts that costs crowns, too, and it's not a token amount.

What I would like to see is a "test drive" option in the crown shop for crowns-only mounts. It would work in much the same way castle previews work: clicking on the magnifying glass icon would take you to a test drive range where you could practice navigating the mount around an obstacle course and find out before buying if you like the way it handles.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
prairiefalcon on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
Different mounts have a different "feel" to them; for example, a panther is much bouncier than a broomstick, and steering a Malorian dragon feels like I'm driving an SUV. Currently the only way to find out how a mount handles before buying is to rent it, but for crowns-only mounts that costs crowns, too, and it's not a token amount.

What I would like to see is a "test drive" option in the crown shop for crowns-only mounts. It would work in much the same way castle previews work: clicking on the magnifying glass icon would take you to a test drive range where you could practice navigating the mount around an obstacle course and find out before buying if you like the way it handles.
I've long wanted this option; the preview is a great idea since for most of the mounts we are spending crowns, aka cash just like for the houses.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2013
yes plz put out a test range for mounts before you buy them or maybe buy them for five minutes for gold then when the five minutes are up you loss it and can choose if you want to buy it or not make it like mount transformations kind of like wizard transformations

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
yea because some of the mounts are not what you want when you buy them

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
i would love this, so much just because sometimes the animations can be kinda awkward too. For example I prefer the wyvren over the Malorian dragon because it moves more "naturally" Then some of the mounts just kinda weird me out. (horses should not have teeth like that...no just no ._.)

On a side note i kinda dont like chance mounts i got purple fairy wings from a pack that go with absolutely nothing i own so they flap around my house...looking weird ....yeah will never be used to back wing mounts just flapping around with nothing on them.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
prairiefalcon on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:

Love it

Level 95

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
kspirtweaver1996 on Nov 21, 2013 wrote:
yea because some of the mounts are not what you want when you buy them
Agreed