Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Teleporting to friends

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
Ok, Is it just me or do other players become annoyed when their friends randomly port to them without asking first? I have to say that this can be very inconsiderate and annoying at times, especially when they bring in more enemies and flee to leave you more work. I think that there should be some kind of way kinda like the friend request option where if they want to port it will ask you and where you can allow or decline them from porting to you. Honestly I do not like it when I have people randomly porting without asking first.

KD lvl 90

and
Miranda lvl 90

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
kspirtweaver1996 on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
Ok, Is it just me or do other players become annoyed when their friends randomly port to them without asking first? I have to say that this can be very inconsiderate and annoying at times, especially when they bring in more enemies and flee to leave you more work. I think that there should be some kind of way kinda like the friend request option where if they want to port it will ask you and where you can allow or decline them from porting to you. Honestly I do not like it when I have people randomly porting without asking first.

KD lvl 90

and
Miranda lvl 90
You can just turn friend teleporting off if you don't want them to teleport.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

KD lvl 90

and
Miranda lvl 90
I totally agree.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2012

KD lvl 90

and
Miranda lvl 90
agreed

sloanwildmancer lvl36

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
yes but what if I want one friend to port and not another

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I totally agree, they should add a third option for Allow Friend Teleports. On, Off, and Ask First. The third option giving you a yes/no choice to accept the teleport each time.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
seethe42 on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:
I totally agree, they should add a third option for Allow Friend Teleports. On, Off, and Ask First. The third option giving you a yes/no choice to accept the teleport each time.
That could and would become spam.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Aaron SpellThief on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:
Absolutely not. Just make it so they can't ask again for a certain time period after a no. Just like friend requests, they can ask twice then it gets ignored.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
so if they start to spam it remove them from your friends list

Survivor
Mar 13, 2013
Aaron SpellThief on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:
well if people weren't rude and would ask before they port we would not be having this problem
so I think we need a button that lets us choose certain friends at certain times if we want them to port its common curtsy and good manners that this game is lacking

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
When I add a person to my friends list. I will tell them up front that if they want to remain on my list of friends what I expect from them. I will tell them that if they port to me without asking me first, they will be removed. I also will not put up with begging or bugging me for help after I have told them that I can not. This is a fast way to get them removed.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
Survivor
Mar 18, 2013