Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just wondering why

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Hey, My level 10 death is a grandmaster artisan and would really like to become a legendary artisan to craft deer knight. I have tried talking to the crafting lion in zf, and for some reason he isn't giving me the quest. Any one know why?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Did you talk to the previous master? Usually the last master gives you the rank for completing the quest then gives you a new quest to "talk to..."

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
to get to the the legendary artisan quest you have to complete th first quest in zf. that means you have to do all the main story line quest up to that point.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Yup, KI put the kabosh on people jumping ahead to complete things like gardening and crafting. You will have to make it to Zafaria and complete the appropriate quests before the legendary crafting opens up.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Not sure if it was by design, but you can't talk to the ZF crafting trainer to get crafting quest until you do main storyline up until that point as you go on quest for him and once completed, he tells you to meet him in another area, which will then give you option to get that quest. Since crafting is a side quest type and total optional it seems odd that you are required to do it this way; unless it is a not so subtle way of forcing people to level through the story to craft.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
It's horrible. Effectively it makes the crafted spells unavailable until you are about 15 to 20 levels past needing them. They should drop them down a level, or make the legendary quest more open.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I'm confused by this post. What is a level 10 doing in Zafaria? What exactly are you planning to craft? It certainly isn't gear. Are you trying to bypass the game just to craft housing items?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Prince of Shadows on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:
It's horrible. Effectively it makes the crafted spells unavailable until you are about 15 to 20 levels past needing them. They should drop them down a level, or make the legendary quest more open.
there's some high end gear that would be a serious boon to those at lower levels if they could get it. Could you imagine the Avalon Athames at level 20?

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
dayerider on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:
there's some high end gear that would be a serious boon to those at lower levels if they could get it. Could you imagine the Avalon Athames at level 20?
Avalon gear has a minimum level requirement so I'm still confused what a level 10 wizard is doing in Zafaria.

Survivor
May 12, 2013
James PearlSteed on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
Hey, My level 10 death is a grandmaster artisan and would really like to become a legendary artisan to craft deer knight. I have tried talking to the crafting lion in zf, and for some reason he isn't giving me the quest. Any one know why?
your probably missing a quest from someone else but if not idk what to tell yes sorry

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Prince of Shadows on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:
They can always farm the spells from the Loremasterat lower levels level.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Malt22 on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
Avalon gear has a minimum level requirement so I'm still confused what a level 10 wizard is doing in Zafaria.
yes it does, and my point is, without that, it would completely unbalance the game. Can you imagine a L10 character running around with the Athames from Avalon?

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Hey Guys, thanks My level 10 death is actually just crafting for the spells, that's all