Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

changes to loremaster?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I have been farming loremaster for a while, and have gotten several cards from her, but I have been farming her everyday for almost 2 months and she refuses to drop any cards? do I need room in my tc to get a permanent card? have they changed it now? does she still drop cards? anyone who has any insight on this please let me know, hate wasting my time.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Saffron the Epic on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:
I have been farming loremaster for a while, and have gotten several cards from her, but I have been farming her everyday for almost 2 months and she refuses to drop any cards? do I need room in my tc to get a permanent card? have they changed it now? does she still drop cards? anyone who has any insight on this please let me know, hate wasting my time.
Treasure cards and permanent cards are not the same and no room is needed for either in your deck to gain a card, only your backpack for treasure card drops.
She does drop spells...they are just very, very rare.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Don't freak out, she still drops cards. But since the cards you get don't have to be crafted, the only way to make it the fair and to prevent wizards from complaining is to make the card drop rate drastically low. Hope this gives you some insight.

Charles Nightsword, Level 36 See you in the Spiral! (or not)

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
Ok, the thing is you have to ground this boss into the ground for spells, and the drop rate is super low.
All of the spells are really high leveled, so that's why that drop rate is super low.
She still drops all 13 spells, as listed below:

Loremaster: 390-470 balance damage, -20 weakness and -35 accuracy.
Savage Paw: 500 balance damage, +25 damage to next spell
Samoorai: 460-540 damage (Balance)

Lord of Night: 425 health steal, swap half to heal,-25 next Inc. Heal
Deer Knight: 300+270 damage over 3 rounds to all enemies. (Death damage)

Catalan: 690 damage (storm)

And many more.

Hannah MoonStone, Level 42 Master Theurgist "Marleybone is the beginning of the Malistair arc, his plans all revealed."

Explorer
May 17, 2010
I'm having the same problem. I received 4 spells from her but haven't received any more for months and have 2 theories:
a) the drop rate has dropped way down (but others are still getting spells so I don't think this is the case)
b) it is because of the way she drops spells. I see 2 ways of her dropping the spells: first is she drops a particular spell to you but if you have it you get/see nothing and the second is she determines that she will drop you a spell and then randomly picks one of the spells you don't have. The first case, and the one I believe is likely happening, means the more spells you have the less likely you will see a drop from her. You are actually getting spells dropped but since you already have that spell you see nothing.
I believe there are 14 total possible spells that she can drop so then the following will play out:
First time you fight get a spell
When you have 1 spell then you then have 1/14 chance that when you finally got a drop you already have it and never even realize
with 4 spell (like me) I have a 2/7 chance each time I might 'get a drop' that I wouldn't see anything
with 7 spells its 50/50 chance and so on...
so you fight her hundreds of times and unannounced to you she finally drops you a spell that you never even see because you already have it

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Saffron the Epic on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:
I think the drop rate moves between 0,5-1 percent.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
It is pure luck of the drop, as a spell is permanent it has an excessively low drop rate. Good luck.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
I4C gr8ness on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
I'm having the same problem. I received 4 spells from her but haven't received any more for months and have 2 theories:
a) the drop rate has dropped way down (but others are still getting spells so I don't think this is the case)
b) it is because of the way she drops spells. I see 2 ways of her dropping the spells: first is she drops a particular spell to you but if you have it you get/see nothing and the second is she determines that she will drop you a spell and then randomly picks one of the spells you don't have. The first case, and the one I believe is likely happening, means the more spells you have the less likely you will see a drop from her. You are actually getting spells dropped but since you already have that spell you see nothing.
I believe there are 14 total possible spells that she can drop so then the following will play out:
First time you fight get a spell
When you have 1 spell then you then have 1/14 chance that when you finally got a drop you already have it and never even realize
with 4 spell (like me) I have a 2/7 chance each time I might 'get a drop' that I wouldn't see anything
with 7 spells its 50/50 chance and so on...
so you fight her hundreds of times and unannounced to you she finally drops you a spell that you never even see because you already have it
This is a great theory on how she drops spells, I4C gr8ness. Anyway, On the real realm, I will actually ask to be brought to the loremaster and see if your 2 theories work, and I will report back on the weekend if theory 1 is right or theory 2. Don't forget, Theory 3: unannounced because you already have it (Well, I can't test theory 3, just saying). This will be a great way to see if these work!
Hannah Moonstone, Level 43 Master Theurgist "Bartleby, o Bartleby, your trunk holds the spiral."