Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 15, 2013
I would love to be able to control my minions one tiny iota... Specifically, I'd love just the ability to change their target somehow, like make them responsive to a menu chat command or give an option if you click on their spell icon to choose their target.

I often want my minion focusing on the boss monster's "minion" to reduce their combined damage per round ASAP but he'll target the boss more often than not it seems... Really annoying when he's targeting the wrong enemy for my tactics.

More tactical controls beyond this, like being able to tell them to go before me in the given round if they're casting a trap that I want to use or giving them general tactical style commands that change their AI would also be nice, albeit more difficult to implement, so the first request would be by far the priority as I'd guess that should be relatively simple to do.

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
braeinic on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
I would love to be able to control my minions one tiny iota... Specifically, I'd love just the ability to change their target somehow, like make them responsive to a menu chat command or give an option if you click on their spell icon to choose their target.

I often want my minion focusing on the boss monster's "minion" to reduce their combined damage per round ASAP but he'll target the boss more often than not it seems... Really annoying when he's targeting the wrong enemy for my tactics.

More tactical controls beyond this, like being able to tell them to go before me in the given round if they're casting a trap that I want to use or giving them general tactical style commands that change their AI would also be nice, albeit more difficult to implement, so the first request would be by far the priority as I'd guess that should be relatively simple to do.
This wouldn't be fair in PVP and it would be weird talking with Menu Chat to an NPC.

Monica 37

Destiny 20

Isabella 9

Suri and Llewella 8 and

Fiona 6

"May the stars shine down on you."

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

that would be a big improvement for sure. I posted ages ago about being able to customize the minion's deck because the gen1 minions weren't as helpful as they could be. I HATE that Malduit will focus on Loremaster instead of nuking off her minions first when she picks a single enemy spell.

As for choosing the order, no, I don't think this is a good idea since it goes against the norm.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
I had the same thought just yesterday lol,and being able to control your minions and who they attack, as a myth wizard that would be awesome. Just yesterday i was fighting in elephant tower in wysteria and was doing it with three henchmen, two storm henchmen and one life henchmen and in the elephant tower the bosses cheat, one of the cheats is the death boss puts a -90% tower shield after every attack now my henchmen don't even bother to attack the myth boss and always go for the death boss with the -90% tower shield, now this gets very irritating and bothers me because they cant get a clear attack and it will take forever for them to defeat him now all my problems would be solved if they attack the other boss first but don't do it and i have done this more than once (cause i have been defeated) and every time they decide to attack him, now if like you said if we where able to control our minions and tell them who to attack would make this so much better and simpler

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
I totally agree. The ice minion card looks really a lot like the ice colossus card and I have accidently clicked the minion card so many times that I have just unequipped the minion all together. It is heartbreaking to have a TC feint on a boss and have a minion hit him with an ice bat spell. Yes I would love to be able to tell my minion who to target and to force him to pass if his intended move is going to totally destroy a good set up.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2012
This would be very nice, but i think this would change the level on when you get your minion spells for wizards, since you would be a lot more powerful and would have easier access to heal, fight, and target yourself and the enemies. I think it would be kind of nice to have them target other players though and not put so many blades and traps on them and the same enemy.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
sounds like a good update would this also make it easier to have a water elemental do his job to shell and taunt so you don't get killed cause currently he shells decent but is bad at the taunting spells part

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
In my opinion only death and myth should be able to control their minions, Death cause that's what Necromancers usually do, and Myth cause they are the main Minion school. So basically I do agree with your idea, but to that extent.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009

I totally agree with you my friend. Being able to control the Minion would be nice...
I would love to take it a step further than that...

I want the ability to control my minion's spells of what they cast, and when to cast them!

Just like the normal wizards, I want to have 2 sets of spell cards appear on my screen at the same time. But only 2 sets of spell cards when the minion comes into play.
When you cast a minion, there should be a second row of spell cards appear on your screen.

((The spell cards will no longer get bigger as you run the computer mouse over them.))
The spell cards will stay their same size.. So you would click on your cards, cast your spells, then cast the minion spell cards for them. This will allow you to take full control over your minion. So you can cast for yourself first, then, cast for your minion last... just as if your minion was another player.... Another thing that would be nice to have is a Minion spell deck..... A spell deck that would match your spell cards perfectly and allow the minion to only cast what you put in the spell deck yourself. Lets say I wanted a minion to only cast Blades, Traps, Shields, heals, and then put the strongest attack card into play...Then I would do just that..

I have a new death minion level 75. The new death minion only uses the Deer Spell, and Banshee 70% of the time, and hardly ever uses blade or trap cards. This new minion is nice but it doesn't have any strategy.
And my old Wraith Minion using the Animate spell card who uses Wraith, Pirate, Death Trap 20%, Death trap 30%, Death blade 40%, and Vampire. The annoying spell it uses is Poison. This is what I would like to remove and replace with a feint spell. If I was modding the Wizard101 game, I would have the 2 minions reversed. Because in my eyes, The wraith minion is a lot better than the improved level 75 minions.
This would also give you a motive to wait for 7 power pips to cast the level 75 minion, if they was reversed that is.

So please Wizard101, Give us full control over what our Minions spell deck to be able tofit our needs, and Please let us have full control over our minions during battle for better strategy and to keep our minions from being selfish, and stealing our traps.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Giving total control over a minion is way too much power. For a few pips you already get an extra target and extra hits and boosts. Giving control over it just gives you basically two wizards to play at once. If they ever did anything remotely like this request it should cost 14 pips to summon minions.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
That would be awesome! I'm sure I would use that because when I was like level 10 or so and got my first minion I actually tried to do that. Actually more than once I've tried to tell my minion the 'Please don't use my traps' menu chat thing.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 92 myth
Believe, and try hard, and success will be yours

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
seethe42 on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
Giving total control over a minion is way too much power. For a few pips you already get an extra target and extra hits and boosts. Giving control over it just gives you basically two wizards to play at once. If they ever did anything remotely like this request it should cost 14 pips to summon minions.
Huh. True, giving us complete and total control over the minions would be kinda unfair to people without, but the fact that you said 'if they did anything remotely like this' kinda sounded ridiculous. I mean, if they simply allowed us to click away our minions spell and make them not cast it, that wouldn't be very unfair. If they let us tell them simple stuff in menu chat like 'please don't use my traps' it wouldn't be very unfair. Yes, complete control over the minion might be a little much, but similar stuff to it wouldn't be ridiculous at all. 14 pips for a minion is ridiculous though.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 92 myth
Believe, and try hard, and success will be yours