Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do all feel like half wizard like i do

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I feel like a half wizard lot of time when I playing wizard 101. When I fighting monster and see spells that only they can use or spells that only come on items. We suppose to be wizards in this game but they are limited us. Wizard are not master of only one school but of many not only that but spells the monster uses or ones on items we should be able to learn them as while. For us to really be wizard we be able to master other schools beside the one we start out with and not have to relie on master and exalted amulets to have somewhat mastery over a second spell school. If they let us take couple more school under our belt to master along with our first school it would open up new quests, pet, and badges for everyone. Right now people making other charters just so the can really use spells from other school more and to get pets that only the other schools can use. I say lets us master at least two more schools to go with our first school we master.
not only if you do that you can even make a new quest to put in the game that will allow us to. And once we get access to master the other school we will have to take the same quests for spells and pets that we would have like we did with our first school. And please let us start learn spells that all got set to monster or items even if we got to fight a boss like we fight the loremaster to learn the regular spell cards she drops.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
So basically... You want to completely ruin Mastery Amulets, and special school spells? I wouldn't want to fight a Ice with all the healing spells, enfeeble, etc.. It just seems like a bit too much, you can already train other schools if you want, but to a certain extent, your school is yours and I recommend to use it, My storm and death both have mastery amulets, but only my Storm trained another school, My storm needs Life Mastery or he is going to die, they don't last too long, as for my death, I use Power Play and Helping/Availing hands, extra pip % and the overtime heal when I KNOW I'm going to get hit so I will be fine for the next round. Also think about all the $ KingIsle would lose, and how much people would feel like they wasted already.
The Loremaster spell can also be dropped by her already, just farm her until you get it, but monsters have special cards because they aren't like us wizards, they can only power themselves to a certain extent, and it matches what area they live in, and if they need a strong spell why not change its school and appearence for them? I mean, I'm not fond of the idea of Ice wizards having a 3 pip Ice Kraken. So yeah. Take these things into consideration.
Level 90Miguel
Level 90Miguel
Level 40Miguel

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
FireJay69 on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
I feel like a half wizard lot of time when I playing wizard 101. When I fighting monster and see spells that only they can use or spells that only come on items. We suppose to be wizards in this game but they are limited us. Wizard are not master of only one school but of many not only that but spells the monster uses or ones on items we should be able to learn them as while. For us to really be wizard we be able to master other schools beside the one we start out with and not have to relie on master and exalted amulets to have somewhat mastery over a second spell school. If they let us take couple more school under our belt to master along with our first school it would open up new quests, pet, and badges for everyone. Right now people making other charters just so the can really use spells from other school more and to get pets that only the other schools can use. I say lets us master at least two more schools to go with our first school we master.
not only if you do that you can even make a new quest to put in the game that will allow us to. And once we get access to master the other school we will have to take the same quests for spells and pets that we would have like we did with our first school. And please let us start learn spells that all got set to monster or items even if we got to fight a boss like we fight the loremaster to learn the regular spell cards she drops.
we can learn spells from other schools, but only from the trainers. Sure, they cost training points and we can't use power pips with them unless we're using a mastery amulet of some kind, but that's just fine. I think being able to learn the monster spells from our schools would make us more rounded, and we're talked about this before. There were many suggestions, but the one I liked the most was:

After you complete the world, you get a reward of choosing one monster spell, from that world, to train.

There are some highly useful spells that are monster only

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
FireJay69 on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
You can train several other schools...that's what your training points are for.
As for bosses using spells we don't have; well, they're bad guys. Bad guys don't play fair, do they?

Nothing in the game needs to change (and I doubt it would anyway); you simply need to learn to adapt and learn how to train your wizard to the best of his/her ability.

(FYI, a lot of special spells are available as treasure cards...check out the bazaar)

Survivor
Oct 02, 2013
As you level, your school spells are free. Your professor will summon you or just go check periodically. Spells from other schools will cost you training points. Training points are earned by leveling and also by completing hunts from the old guy Zeke. I'm a Pyromancer but have picked up spells from the storm school that work well for me. Different spells from your gear means you have at least one hit for anyone you face. I wear a death medallion and use a balance wand that has sparklers attached. Sparklers don't use pips, just so you know. Go back to the Bazaar and sell off the unwanted stuff you've picked up from duels and upgrade your gear pretty often. Wear your ring and neck piece and carry your knife. All those things give you power. Another trick I learned - before you enter a duel, look at who you will be fighting and what school they are. If necessary, rearrange your cards. This is especially helpful entering a dungeon. If you're in the Tomb of Storms you probably won't need your storm cards. Put them aside for now and use something else.

When you get tired of the wizard you are right now, or in my case, when you've gone as far as you can go without getting killed every 15 minutes, choose another school and start over. Each school has it's strengths and weaknesses. Try them all. And have fun. It's a game.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
but there aren't high enough level training point spells for storm fire ice etc to use against morganthe when next world comes out

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
critical blizzard on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
but there aren't high enough level training point spells for storm fire ice etc to use against morganthe when next world comes out
the answer to this though is treasure cards. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's what we have right now. I don't know if more spells should be available to learn. If they are, then maybe it should be a 2 training point purchase because of how powerful they are

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I'm sorry, but I am having trouble understanding what you are saying?

School specific spells are what make our schools unique. Wizard101 should stay the way it is.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Ruthless Anthony on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I am having trouble understanding what you are saying?

School specific spells are what make our schools unique. Wizard101 should stay the way it is.
i like school specific spells i just want some higher level training point spells not exactly as strong as the school specific but just so it's still fun to have a secondary school without farming and waiting in bazaar for tc