Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Lvl 35 Death Deck

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
Ik this may not be the correct place to put this Forum, but I couldn't find a better place to do it. I am a Lvl. 35 Death Wizard, almost half way through MS. I'm not sure if I should do Wysteria and Aquilla right now and take a break from MS or do them when I am done. Anyway back onto the main topic, I am not sure if my deck is good or not so here it is, I will also give my health, mana, PP chance, and other percentages so that you guys can help modify my deck.

Health: 1786

Mana: 380

PP%: 41%

Death Damage: 20

Death Resistance: 32

DECK:
Tower Shield: 3
Volcanic Shield: 3
Pixie: 2
Curse: 3
Death Shield: 2
Death Trap: 3
Death Blade: 3
Dream Shield: 3
Feint: 3
Poison: 4
Sacrifice: 3
Skeletal Pirate: 4
Vampire: 4
Reshuffle: 2
Spirit Blade: 2
Spirit Trap: 2
(two spaces for more cards)

WAND/AMULET CARDS
Death trap(35%) 2
Five of what ever school wand I am using at the time (85 damage 0 pips all of the wand gives an extra pip)

TREASURE CARDS
Tough: 13
Frostbite: 1
Kraken: 3
Scarecrow: 1
Accurate: 1
Stormzilla: 1

That's all, thanks to anyone who replies.

-Oran Thunderthorn Lvl. 35

Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
I now have 2 weakness in the open space, but I am thinking of making my deck smaller, please help.

Thnx

Survivor
Jun 29, 2012
I think your good for Wysteria. I'm only level 32 and its not that hard. Aquila on the other hand, I would either wait until your higher level, or find other people to do it with you.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
oren8er180304 on Oct 13, 2013 wrote:
Ik this may not be the correct place to put this Forum, but I couldn't find a better place to do it. I am a Lvl. 35 Death Wizard, almost half way through MS. I'm not sure if I should do Wysteria and Aquilla right now and take a break from MS or do them when I am done. Anyway back onto the main topic, I am not sure if my deck is good or not so here it is, I will also give my health, mana, PP chance, and other percentages so that you guys can help modify my deck.

Health: 1786

Mana: 380

PP%: 41%

Death Damage: 20

Death Resistance: 32

DECK:
Tower Shield: 3
Volcanic Shield: 3
Pixie: 2
Curse: 3
Death Shield: 2
Death Trap: 3
Death Blade: 3
Dream Shield: 3
Feint: 3
Poison: 4
Sacrifice: 3
Skeletal Pirate: 4
Vampire: 4
Reshuffle: 2
Spirit Blade: 2
Spirit Trap: 2
(two spaces for more cards)

WAND/AMULET CARDS
Death trap(35%) 2
Five of what ever school wand I am using at the time (85 damage 0 pips all of the wand gives an extra pip)

TREASURE CARDS
Tough: 13
Frostbite: 1
Kraken: 3
Scarecrow: 1
Accurate: 1
Stormzilla: 1

That's all, thanks to anyone who replies.

I must ask, how is this deck set up working for you? Are you discarding a lot? Do you play with friends or solo?

We all play the game differently so what works for one may not work for another. Personally my deck set up is usually around 12 spells total for mob fights and up to 20 max for boss ones. TC's can fill in blanks when you come up short or train Reshuffle if it makes you nervous. Use feint on bosses and the tri blade sparingly as they take a pip to put out, you should not need either in mob fights. Up until Celestial shielding isn't as important so you could probably relax a bit on them for now. Visit the Bazaar about every 10 levels and make sure you gear is well rounded providing some power pip and resist and a decent amount of health. Lvl's 50-60 are a difficult call for gear.

What you need to do is estimate the damage it takes to defeat the monsters in your area and load that much damage spells in your spell deck. Do a few practice fights if you want to see how it can go. Maximize on the fact that you are death and have health steal spells, try to make them your main spells to cast. Death is known as the trap happy school. Early on carry a sprite for emergencies but as you progress you won't need that ever. Depending on your group it's never a grand idea for them to look on Death as the healer, Sacrifice is costly unless you put a death shield on your self prior to using it or at the very least no blades up.

Death can be played as a very self reliant school if you use it to it's potential. I find it very fun to play.

Hope this helped a little.
Kane lvl 90

Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
Thanks guys,

I almost always solo, I just defeated the Plague Oni and I have soloed all of MS so far, I also soloed Big Ben. I do discard a bunch, but I use the same deck for street fights and boss fights, I have shield only if necessary. Should I get multiple decks? And use one for normal street fights, one for bosses, one for death mobs, and one of life mobs? Or should I edit one deck constantly. Also what would be a better setup than this?

Thnx,

-Oran Thunderthorn Lvl. 37

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
oren8er180304 on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
Thanks guys,

I almost always solo, I just defeated the Plague Oni and I have soloed all of MS so far, I also soloed Big Ben. I do discard a bunch, but I use the same deck for street fights and boss fights, I have shield only if necessary. Should I get multiple decks? And use one for normal street fights, one for bosses, one for death mobs, and one of life mobs? Or should I edit one deck constantly. Also what would be a better setup than this?

Thnx,

-Oran Thunderthorn Lvl. 37
We use 2 decks, mob and boss. Which we start in Mooshu. Adjusting for mob and boss from one deck is too much work and things can go wrong. The Starter deck makes a good mob deck and we have used that one though the game. Just remember to switch decks before boss battles.

Since I can not predict your play style you must decide which cards you seem to regularly discard in battle and start to remove them from your spell deck. I tend to never shield unless the battle cheat actually calls for it so I play very aggressively but the battles go faster. If you solo you probably will hardly ever see the need for any health spells in your deck since your damage spells can give you that.

The idea of your mob deck is just do damage so you are going to mainly just have blades, 2 or 3 and damage spells in it, for quick fights no traps or health spells are in this deck either. A few back up spells in your sideboard help if you are joined by accident and another monster is put into play.

Your boss deck you will customize more, adding a few more damage spells, prisms etc. if needed. You will keep 3 blades, add a trap or 2 and maybe a feint. Always load in a small pip spell in each deck for clean up like a Ghoul. Our lvl 90 death still carries Dark Sprite but of course at that level it hits at over 1,000 now. Death is the only school that can leave a battle with the same health they entered with, whats not to like about that.

You are starting at the right time to hone your play style because as you progress you will need to step up to the plate to be able to get by. Your biggest challenge is those Life monsters and the way they like to spam death shields in Mooshu and Celestia.

On a side note, as a solo player, I tend to do all quests and sides so that I am a slightly higher level, this seems to give me an edge on being able to solo better.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
Thank you so much Northlite, but could you kind of give a list of spells that you think would be good for my Mob Deck and another list of spells you think would be good for my boss deck? Ik that you have no idea what my strategy is, but I will probably edit it to my taste anyway. Also when I get to Level 42, should I switch all my Vampires with Wraiths?

Thanks
Oran Thunderthorn Lvl. 37
PS. Ik you said you couldn't do this because you don't know my playing style, but could you try?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
oren8er180304 on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
Thank you so much Northlite, but could you kind of give a list of spells that you think would be good for my Mob Deck and another list of spells you think would be good for my boss deck? Ik that you have no idea what my strategy is, but I will probably edit it to my taste anyway. Also when I get to Level 42, should I switch all my Vampires with Wraiths?

Thanks
Oran Thunderthorn Lvl. 37
PS. Ik you said you couldn't do this because you don't know my playing style, but could you try?
Try to focus you deck construction around Vampire, for mobs you may be able to use a bladed Vampire and Ghoul follow up, depending on if you gear has already started to build in some damage stats Vampire may do it.

Boss fights may require a little more damage so add a Screamer (witch) and maybe Pirate. Try to judge when you need to cast spells since it is about getting health back, in Boss fights take a little more time to add traps with the Blades, if your health allows you can build up a little before you have to cast anything. If you have the Tri Blade from Niles and Feint you can one hit things better in boss fights but using the pip for each of these in mob fights is not productive.

As you get to level 40-45 you will be able to get more power pip chances from gear, this will be a big help. When you first get Wraith he will cost you 6 pips to cast so you may save him more for Boss fights but he won't replace Vampire just yet, once power pips are more available he will be your go to spell.

A useful mob deck would have 2 blades, 2 Vampires and 2 Ghouls, you can stick a sprite in there if you are worried, you can also put spare spells in your TC sideboard for back ups or train Reshuffle. You can buy useful TC's by selling useless ones at the Bazaar. You can also construct you own boosted spells by getting Tough or Giant TC's.

In the end even though we are given a lot of spells from our teacher it doesn't mean we have to use them all. Pick and choose the ones that give you the best results.