Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spritely Update

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
Hi,

I read about this...

Your pet will not cast Spritely if you are at full health.

Was this the only criteria for preventing Spritely from being cast, (It is not that simple an issue)?

I hope that if a life dispel or any "reduced healing" (minus 25%) spell that has been cast on me will be removed by Spritely AND all other healing spells even if I am at full health.

Example:

I am at full health and a boss has cast entangle on me. My pet casts Spritely and removes the "Entangle" from me as it is the next "life" spell cast.

New World

Recently I have seen bosses cast spells on me to lower the next effectiveness of a healing spell, I think by 25%. This to should be removed by Spritely even if I am at full health.

Were these types of spells taken into account and still allow Spritely to be cast even at full health?

Thank you...

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Gabriel Stormhunte... on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

I read about this...

Your pet will not cast Spritely if you are at full health.

Was this the only criteria for preventing Spritely from being cast, (It is not that simple an issue)?

I hope that if a life dispel or any "reduced healing" (minus 25%) spell that has been cast on me will be removed by Spritely AND all other healing spells even if I am at full health.

Example:

I am at full health and a boss has cast entangle on me. My pet casts Spritely and removes the "Entangle" from me as it is the next "life" spell cast.

New World

Recently I have seen bosses cast spells on me to lower the next effectiveness of a healing spell, I think by 25%. This to should be removed by Spritely even if I am at full health.

Were these types of spells taken into account and still allow Spritely to be cast even at full health?

Thank you...

it not really a big deal

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
will not cast at full health? sprite is a heal over time spells of such are made for when your at full or near health to keep it that way having this in mind energizing battery has became better then spritely in my opinion even if it does usually do 100 health

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
critical blizzard on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
will not cast at full health? sprite is a heal over time spells of such are made for when your at full or near health to keep it that way having this in mind energizing battery has became better then spritely in my opinion even if it does usually do 100 health
it not really a big deal
and casting it when you at full heath is point less
all they did was make it were you can't be healed at full heal not a big deal I mean if you get hit it heals you steal so it dose not matter it just like it was be for in less you got a pet that heal every round well it not going heal you right then and there so it not that big of a deal

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Oh yes it is a big deal! I spent a lot of time and money getting my pets to be good high level healing pets. Now they don't heal nearly as much as they used to, and I have lost several fights without pets doing a darn thing to help. It is very frustrating!

This was a case of KI "fixing what was not broken." In fact, it is worse than that, it is a case of them breaking what was not broken! It is a change that was not wanted, and is not at all appreciated!

Please KI, change spritely back to its former helpful way

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
FinnAgainWindrider on Oct 8, 2013 wrote:
Oh yes it is a big deal! I spent a lot of time and money getting my pets to be good high level healing pets. Now they don't heal nearly as much as they used to, and I have lost several fights without pets doing a darn thing to help. It is very frustrating!

This was a case of KI "fixing what was not broken." In fact, it is worse than that, it is a case of them breaking what was not broken! It is a change that was not wanted, and is not at all appreciated!

Please KI, change spritely back to its former helpful way
steal not a big deal
and I don't think they are going change it back
first off its a good thing because if a pet heals at full heath it just make it not as fair in pvp with these new update it made it fair also sent it not healing every to sec it makes it a fair pvp because now I can kill some other players with that pet and everyone wants there pet to be epic heal so they don't you there blocks and stuff your not lose because of the update your lose in because you doing something wrong in pvp I mean these not that big deal and I have a pet that heal every round well now it don't and pvp gotten harder but I started to lose more and more then I got better because I had to a just my fighting you should do the same everybody else on the game has accepted the matter

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
sliver moon wolf on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
steal not a big deal
first off its a good thing because if a pet heals at full heath it just make it not as fair in pvp with these new update it made it fair also sent it not healing every to sec it makes it a fair pvp because now I can kill some other players with that pet and everyone wants there pet to be epic heal so they don't you there blocks and stuff your not lose because of the update your lose in because you doing something wrong in pvp I mean these not that big deal and I have a pet that heal every round well now it don't and pvp gotten harder but I started to lose more and more then I got better because I had to a just my fighting you should do the same everybody else on the game has accepted the matter
all in we just need to get the message out that updates have made battery better then spritely

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
It is a big deal. It should not have been changed. It is less useful now, and with no advantage.

Please change it back.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
steal not a big deal
Actually, not everyone else in the game has accepted the matter. Many people have complained. This complaint has been a recurring theme in the pet message boards, and in fact it is the reason for this thread. We don't like the change, it is not a welcome change, it is not a needed change, and we are voicing our opinion on the matter.

Also, some of us could not care less about how things go in PVP. PVP is only one small part of the game, which only some people enjoy. The stats for the game as a whole should not be set on the basis of PVP. If that part of the game is central your play on Wizard101, then enjoy it! I personally don't much care for that part of the game. If you think this helped your game, great!

This change has not been a help to my game -- it just makes it more tedious, less fun, less rewarding.

As to whether or not they change it back -- I don't know. In an earlier test realm change to spritely, after people complained, they did change it back. I personally hope they do so again. I really enjoyed my pets the way they were. Now, I feel they are somewhat of a let-down.

Finally, I am not telling you what you should do. You are entitled to your opinion. I also am entitled to mine, as are the many other players who don't like this change. So please, don't try to "should" on someone else!

For you, no big deal. But you are not everyone, and just because you don't care about a change, does not mean that others don't care. I'm not asking you or even suggesting you change your views. I am, however, asking you to at least respect the views of people who disagree with you.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
steal not a big deal
wrong its not a good thing its a terrible mistake it took days or sent money to kingsisle to get those pets and now their not worth it this is how you thank players for their time and possibly their money KI?

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
FinnAgainWindrider on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
Actually, not everyone else in the game has accepted the matter. Many people have complained. This complaint has been a recurring theme in the pet message boards, and in fact it is the reason for this thread. We don't like the change, it is not a welcome change, it is not a needed change, and we are voicing our opinion on the matter.

Also, some of us could not care less about how things go in PVP. PVP is only one small part of the game, which only some people enjoy. The stats for the game as a whole should not be set on the basis of PVP. If that part of the game is central your play on Wizard101, then enjoy it! I personally don't much care for that part of the game. If you think this helped your game, great!

This change has not been a help to my game -- it just makes it more tedious, less fun, less rewarding.

As to whether or not they change it back -- I don't know. In an earlier test realm change to spritely, after people complained, they did change it back. I personally hope they do so again. I really enjoyed my pets the way they were. Now, I feel they are somewhat of a let-down.

Finally, I am not telling you what you should do. You are entitled to your opinion. I also am entitled to mine, as are the many other players who don't like this change. So please, don't try to "should" on someone else!

For you, no big deal. But you are not everyone, and just because you don't care about a change, does not mean that others don't care. I'm not asking you or even suggesting you change your views. I am, however, asking you to at least respect the views of people who disagree with you.
I steal don't see it as a big deal but that's just me also I was you's in pvp to make a point you may not play pvp that much same with me but I do know it not that big of a deal also I think that it a good thing
1. it makes it fair in pvp
2. makes fighting harder so we get more out of it
3 don't make it to easy to kill somebody you fight monster/wizard because you pet wont heal you every mint
4 makes it easyer in pvp if you play it that's cool if you don't that also cool
it just makes the game harder for players even me and I have a pet that heals but that's a good thing if it harder players will take a longer time lvl up and trying to get better at battling also not so many wizards will stop playing and you can get a new pet and train it and see if you can get a new pet that heal every round sure it a lot of work but who knows maybe you like the new pet you train better then you old one like my wooly mammoth first time I train it a it was not good and next time it had deer night wooly mammoth and fairy and it healed better then my epic pet and it just a adult I a I keep hatching it then I could get a better pet but my point is that the update is not that bad and you guys are making it feel like it will be the end of the world and even my friends who play say it not a big deal

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
critical blizzard on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
wrong its not a good thing its a terrible mistake it took days or sent money to kingsisle to get those pets and now their not worth it this is how you thank players for their time and possibly their money KI?
if you view pets as worthless because of this MINOR change, then, my friend, you have a severely narrow view on what success is

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dayerider on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
if you view pets as worthless because of this MINOR change, then, my friend, you have a severely narrow view on what success is
i did not say worthless just spritely pets aren't worth the money or time anymore

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
critical blizzard on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
i did not say worthless just spritely pets aren't worth the money or time anymore
I respectfully disagree. My Scarecrow pet does a good job of giving me spritely. I haven't tested it with my Phoenix on my fire yet as he's kinda been shelved for now. I think it all depends on how often your pet casts spells. Some seem to cast more than others.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
Hi,

For wizards that can have heath 6000+

OR

100+ resistance to storm it is no big deal

To a level 90 Storm wizard with 3033 heath and who purchased the life amulet

It is a big deal. I see many wizards that use sprite early in a battle to help offset an early hit. They cast it before being hit. While this is rare I am more concerned about the situations I described when I put this post up.

Please change it back OR allow it to run if there is any type of life reducing spell cast on us.

Thank you

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Gabriel Stormhunte... on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

For wizards that can have heath 6000+

OR

100+ resistance to storm it is no big deal

To a level 90 Storm wizard with 3033 heath and who purchased the life amulet

It is a big deal. I see many wizards that use sprite early in a battle to help offset an early hit. They cast it before being hit. While this is rare I am more concerned about the situations I described when I put this post up.

Please change it back OR allow it to run if there is any type of life reducing spell cast on us.

Thank you

i will agree storm is way overpowered and has to much heath because there to hard to kill now in pvp
but I wont agree spritely save are but in battle
1 because it give only one at a time and you steal die if they hit hard
2 it not much heath it give
but I will give you that storm is way overpowered and they should be lower in power because once they hit lvl 70 they become to hard to kill I mean give them more heath id mind that but giving them so much power that blocks can't even help stinks I mean I you ice amore at full power and storm block and tower shield and shield legon they had no blades and they cut threw it all and I died and I like have 5000 something heath so they power need to be lowered someone needs to make a topic about how storm to over pwoered

Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
Silver Moon Wolf, what are you talking about?

Storm cannot get that much health, only ICE can as far as I have seen. ICE is the only school I have seen 6000+ health, which seems to be the school that does not want sprite to work for schools with lower health levels.

Storm cannot be anywhere near 6000 health AND be powerful, they would have almost no Storm gear. If Storm was to have 100 resistance to other storm wizards they would not be powerful, again they would have almost no storm gear.

I just noticed that you are ICE wizard, which can have 6000+ health or 100 percent resistance to storm.

Sprite cast by our pets is valuable to us because it removes the types of spells I mentioned, not just for healing.

This then allows us to use our PURCHASED life amulet at full strength to heal us when we need to.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Gabriel Stormhunte... on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
Silver Moon Wolf, what are you talking about?

Storm cannot get that much health, only ICE can as far as I have seen. ICE is the only school I have seen 6000+ health, which seems to be the school that does not want sprite to work for schools with lower health levels.

Storm cannot be anywhere near 6000 health AND be powerful, they would have almost no Storm gear. If Storm was to have 100 resistance to other storm wizards they would not be powerful, again they would have almost no storm gear.

I just noticed that you are ICE wizard, which can have 6000+ health or 100 percent resistance to storm.

Sprite cast by our pets is valuable to us because it removes the types of spells I mentioned, not just for healing.

This then allows us to use our PURCHASED life amulet at full strength to heal us when we need to.

OK i not saying lower there heath i saying lower there power
i mean there stronger then everybody class and if you say there not thats a lie and you guys get good resist and my class is not week were strong just as any other class were just not the strong it class but my point is storm needs there power lower there strong then any class on the game and they have so much heath now that they can last in a full on battle keep the heath i think you guys need a little more truthfully so you guys dont have to ask for help for every to mints but lower the power because you guys can kill a guy in one hit and i tired of going in pvp and having to battle some storm dude that my level 95 with 4000 and a life am you let and life spells to heal like crazy and they have blocks that block fire and ice and death and myth so they stand a chance but i stand no chance one hit from that storm owl spell and it dose like so much damg that it kills me in one hit even know i have so many blocks on and that dose not help it means that some of the storm spells need a limited on damg because if it can steal kill me after all the blocks i had on and me not even have a little of my heath well that not fair to pvp or any battle really we may got the most heath but that because were the week its class in the game we can hit hard it just are power level not as strong as the other class i mean each class has it flaws
1 storm heath fizzle a lot all about power in these one
2 ice power mostly block with these class
3 life not to many hit spells all heals with these class
4 fire to much over time not just one hit spell and not many block spell it all about boost with these class
5 never know wt damg you going get and not best accurate these class is all about getting around blocks and yous in the other class is
6 death has to take damage from most spell and not much resistance these class all about hits and healing
myth class well i not sure but i know it mostly about summons and taking away blades if anyone knows the flaws can you post
but my point is that each class has a flaws but storm is getting to powerful
and the sprite update is not that bad you guys are making a big deal out of a little thing anyway i think you got you wish my pet now heals every time i get healed with that spell and i try out my old pet and it heals like it yous to so why keep complaining about it if they gave you what you wanted

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
sliver moon wolf on Oct 30, 2013 wrote:
OK i not saying lower there heath i saying lower there power
i mean there stronger then everybody class and if you say there not thats a lie and you guys get good resist and my class is not week were strong just as any other class were just not the strong it class but my point is storm needs there power lower there strong then any class on the game and they have so much heath now that they can last in a full on battle keep the heath i think you guys need a little more truthfully so you guys dont have to ask for help for every to mints but lower the power because you guys can kill a guy in one hit and i tired of going in pvp and having to battle some storm dude that my level 95 with 4000 and a life am you let and life spells to heal like crazy and they have blocks that block fire and ice and death and myth so they stand a chance but i stand no chance one hit from that storm owl spell and it dose like so much damg that it kills me in one hit even know i have so many blocks on and that dose not help it means that some of the storm spells need a limited on damg because if it can steal kill me after all the blocks i had on and me not even have a little of my heath well that not fair to pvp or any battle really we may got the most heath but that because were the week its class in the game we can hit hard it just are power level not as strong as the other class i mean each class has it flaws
1 storm heath fizzle a lot all about power in these one
2 ice power mostly block with these class
3 life not to many hit spells all heals with these class
4 fire to much over time not just one hit spell and not many block spell it all about boost with these class
5 never know wt damg you going get and not best accurate these class is all about getting around blocks and yous in the other class is
6 death has to take damage from most spell and not much resistance these class all about hits and healing
myth class well i not sure but i know it mostly about summons and taking away blades if anyone knows the flaws can you post
but my point is that each class has a flaws but storm is getting to powerful
and the sprite update is not that bad you guys are making a big deal out of a little thing anyway i think you got you wish my pet now heals every time i get healed with that spell and i try out my old pet and it heals like it yous to so why keep complaining about it if they gave you what you wanted
I'd want make a big deal out of it too. I've spent half a million gold on hatching and rehatching just to get a Midnight Sprite with Spritely. Next thing I know they go and nerf the casting rates and both my Midnight Sprite AND my Thunderbirds with Spritely start casting it far less than expected.

While I can still solo bosses, this change makes the battles far more tedious and drawn out than they need to be. I'm constantly searching for heals instead of attacks and I even gave in and bought a life mastery so that I could heal myself enough to stay alive. Your resist point is one I think is rather touchy. I haven't found my 20-30 resist helping me as much as Spritely did.

Now, this may not seem like a big problem for you because you make points about PvP. I'd like to point out that there are ways to work around pet heals in Player Versus Player. Spritely casting rates never bothered me on my Warlord, Captain or Veteran. Sure, they may have made the battles longer than they needed to be, but so what? I accounted for that and made sure I had enough time to finish each match I entered.

Now, even though I've never had a pet with Spritely on my Warlord, this is a problem for my Veteran. I prefer my pet being able to help me get rid of Infections and Life Dispels and nerfing the Spritely may cast rates did nothing for that.

I'd understand if they had chosen to lower Fairy's casting rates as it is a higher heals and it's a burst heal. It also has high casting rates and of the two, I find Fairy more annoying in PvP than Spritely ever was.

For those of you saying it casts often, I can go five to ten five battles in a row with no Spritely. Sure it counts on luck, but if it's this rare, I don't think it would be worth all that much to keep it. At Azteca and beyond I need that health that Spritely provided, even if I was at full health. As I said before, this change just makes the game more tedious.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
it was a bad change. I hope it will be changed back.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Prince of Shadows on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
It is a big deal. It should not have been changed. It is less useful now, and with no advantage.

Please change it back.
silver moonwolf and dayerider that's 2 out of 8 that don't think it's a big deal not even sure if dayerider thinks it has any affect

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
critical blizzard on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
silver moonwolf and dayerider that's 2 out of 8 that don't think it's a big deal not even sure if dayerider thinks it has any affect
of course it effects the battle. Being able to get HoT at the start of a battle can change the whole flow of it. I just don't think, at least on MY gaming, that it has really impacted my fights much (and once again, I don't PvP)

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
critical blizzard on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
it not a bit deal you guys make it a big deal is what I saying

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
I think they should revert this change to Spritely. It makes the talent less useful because it is cast less often. Because it is a heal over time, it can still be beneficial even if you are at full health.

What I find unfair is that they only changed Spritety. To my knowledge, Fairy Friend, Unicorn, Batusi, and Energizing Battery were not affected at all. so why was Spritely singled out? If anything, it would make more sense for the instantaneous heals like Fairy and Healing Current to never be cast at full health.

Sprite does have an annoyingly long animation, especially if it gets cast often. However, a better solution would be to change or shorten the spell animation. Don't lessen the pet talent, however slightly.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Tanner Silver on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
I think they should revert this change to Spritely. It makes the talent less useful because it is cast less often. Because it is a heal over time, it can still be beneficial even if you are at full health.

What I find unfair is that they only changed Spritety. To my knowledge, Fairy Friend, Unicorn, Batusi, and Energizing Battery were not affected at all. so why was Spritely singled out? If anything, it would make more sense for the instantaneous heals like Fairy and Healing Current to never be cast at full health.

Sprite does have an annoyingly long animation, especially if it gets cast often. However, a better solution would be to change or shorten the spell animation. Don't lessen the pet talent, however slightly.
I'm guessing that since it's a HoT, but yeah, there is NO point casting "single hit" health spells at full health. I'd be fine if they swapped it, made HoTs still able to cast at full health but single hit health spells no longer castable at full health