Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where is the New World?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
So we have not had a new world for almost a year now, (Aquila is not a new world, it's a "Dungeon Zone") and I feel like I'm spending my membership money for nothing. While Aquila was good to farm for some gear, it got boring really fast and not many people go there often. If an admin can tell me at least what Month they will release the Test Realm for the next world will be great. Thanks

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 90

Historian
May 06, 2009
Nicholas Hawkspear on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
So we have not had a new world for almost a year now, (Aquila is not a new world, it's a "Dungeon Zone") and I feel like I'm spending my membership money for nothing. While Aquila was good to farm for some gear, it got boring really fast and not many people go there often. If an admin can tell me at least what Month they will release the Test Realm for the next world will be great. Thanks

KI never releases the dates for their updates, but from the way Professor Falmea wrote her clues for whats to come...

Our 5th birthday will bring a major flashback for our earliest players, but with a twist – not to mention a lot of fun for everyone. Something new and spooky this way comes --> What you find in the next major world after Azteca will rock Wizard101, and things will never be the same.

The Birthday Party happened in September
I can assume from the word "spooky," the new expansion will go live next month October
This means the new world will go live in the Test Realm in November/December. Professor Greyrose confirmed the new world will come this year so no need to worry.

Patient. I'm sure what is about to come will be...amazing

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Sorry to say they are not going to commit to a time frame for opening the Test Realm.

I highly doubt Test will open for at least another month, but, IMO, I would rather KI take their time with the next release and have as few glitches/problems as possible. And, Hopefully, better balanced than Azteca was.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010

Sophia Goldenleaf Ooh I heard one of my friends say it might be Earth, if it is
Morganthe is so gonna get her tail whooped. Power To the wizards!

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
I do think they will be making a new one soon, and if they do, I think a lot more people will start playing again. You're right, we feel like we're wasting our memberships, because there's nothing to unlock.