Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

no drop glitch?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
Hi!
So i'm a bit curious if this is even a glitch or not. But lately i've been running Tartarus trips quite a bit trying to complete my hades gear set. I've noticed that every 3 trips, killing hades, zeus, and poesidan gives me no drops. And when I say no drops, I mean literally nothing, no gold, no junk items, no anything. They all die, I get the little end of dungeon message from the bosses saying congratulations and such, but no drops at all, not a single thing. Yes my inventory has plenty of space, as well as my bank. I never recall killing a boss outside of Aquila that just didn't give a drop randomly. I have however noticed that this has happened both in mount olympus on the gladiator, on cronus, and many times on hades, zeus, and poesidan. Is this suppose to happen? Not even drop a single gold or item randomly? (And just to clarify, I get drops one run, then very next run nothing at all, so its not happening every run). Thanks!
-Adam Seafist lvl 90

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Thunder2Hound on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
Hi!
So i'm a bit curious if this is even a glitch or not. But lately i've been running Tartarus trips quite a bit trying to complete my hades gear set. I've noticed that every 3 trips, killing hades, zeus, and poesidan gives me no drops. And when I say no drops, I mean literally nothing, no gold, no junk items, no anything. They all die, I get the little end of dungeon message from the bosses saying congratulations and such, but no drops at all, not a single thing. Yes my inventory has plenty of space, as well as my bank. I never recall killing a boss outside of Aquila that just didn't give a drop randomly. I have however noticed that this has happened both in mount olympus on the gladiator, on cronus, and many times on hades, zeus, and poesidan. Is this suppose to happen? Not even drop a single gold or item randomly? (And just to clarify, I get drops one run, then very next run nothing at all, so its not happening every run). Thanks!
-Adam Seafist lvl 90
note your gold and amount of items total in bag before each final battle. There is a bug that comes up when your system runs low on memory where drops happen but are not seen. Happens to me, if your doing the flee method to get hades to respawn thats a risk you take getting nothing for the first battle fleeing after his death to get him to respawn when the others are taken down.

Hope this helps

Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
masterryan1969 on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
note your gold and amount of items total in bag before each final battle. There is a bug that comes up when your system runs low on memory where drops happen but are not seen. Happens to me, if your doing the flee method to get hades to respawn thats a risk you take getting nothing for the first battle fleeing after his death to get him to respawn when the others are taken down.

Hope this helps
Yeah I actually don't do the method of Hades respawn anymore, generally I feel like everyone gets bad drops from bosses when someone flees a battle (just superstition, who knows how drops are calculated lol). And thanks for the post, I actually checked that though and my inventory stays the same, so no drops have been collected. (I generally just feed everything thats dropped to my pet assuming its not something i'm looking for, so the only items in my inventory are my locked gear which I use, so its easy to see when nothing is added.) Good idea though, thanks still :D

-Adam Seafist lvl 90

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Thunder2Hound on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
Yeah I actually don't do the method of Hades respawn anymore, generally I feel like everyone gets bad drops from bosses when someone flees a battle (just superstition, who knows how drops are calculated lol). And thanks for the post, I actually checked that though and my inventory stays the same, so no drops have been collected. (I generally just feed everything thats dropped to my pet assuming its not something i'm looking for, so the only items in my inventory are my locked gear which I use, so its easy to see when nothing is added.) Good idea though, thanks still :D

-Adam Seafist lvl 90
You state you feed your drops to your pet. That could be the problem. There is a bug that happens when you feed your pet. If the last reward you get is xp, then your drops will not show. You can easily correct this by feeding your pet again until you get a reward that is not xp. You can also relaunch game. I personally prefer to feed another item to my pet.

Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
Hannah Lifebringer on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
You state you feed your drops to your pet. That could be the problem. There is a bug that happens when you feed your pet. If the last reward you get is xp, then your drops will not show. You can easily correct this by feeding your pet again until you get a reward that is not xp. You can also relaunch game. I personally prefer to feed another item to my pet.
Fantastic answer, I bet that is it. I've tried what you said and haven't had the problem since. Thanks!
-Adam Seafist

Squire
May 10, 2013
Thunder2Hound on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
Hi!
-Adam Seafist lvl 90
I'm sorry, but drops are random for bosses. KI won't increase your chances for finishing the Hades' Gear Set. You never stated in your post you didn't battle Squid Tentacles. Find Squid Tentacles in Atlantea. Remember, don't blame us because your not getting your gear.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
PlayHard101 on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
I'm sorry, but drops are random for bosses. KI won't increase your chances for finishing the Hades' Gear Set. You never stated in your post you didn't battle Squid Tentacles. Find Squid Tentacles in Atlantea. Remember, don't blame us because your not getting your gear.
Drops are random but, only in what is dropped. He is not asking KI to increase his chances. He is not blaming anyone for not getting any gear. He is just stating he is getting NOTHING. That is not normal. You should always get something whether it is gold, an odd piece of gear or pet snacks AND some XP even though it will be a small amount.

There is a glitch that does happen occasionally in which you don't SEE any drops although you actually get some and it will show up in the chat box what was dropped.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
is your bank and backpack cleared out, do you have tons and gobs of gold (and by gobs I mean over 280,000) if you do, clear everything out of your bank and backpack (not all, but like five items out of both) and buy tc and offer it to some friends. if those things don't work, email king isle at kingisle support.com

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
The best drop I've gotten from Tartarus was zeus's flamewalkers. Drops are random and not always good.

Squire
May 10, 2013
DragonLady1818 on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
Drops are random but, only in what is dropped. He is not asking KI to increase his chances. He is not blaming anyone for not getting any gear. He is just stating he is getting NOTHING. That is not normal. You should always get something whether it is gold, an odd piece of gear or pet snacks AND some XP even though it will be a small amount.

There is a glitch that does happen occasionally in which you don't SEE any drops although you actually get some and it will show up in the chat box what was dropped.
Let me just say again, DROPS ARE RANDOM. Its usual in Tartarus to not get drops. Me and my friend were farming 4 times and all we got was experience. Your backpack is probably full, its probably in your bank. If that's full, then you didn't get the drop.