Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Someone explain to me please...

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Wands and such that show multiple cards but the description says, "Gives 1 card", vs one card shown and it says "Gives 5/7/etc cards".

I'm sure for the second, it means it gives up to that many cards of that type during a single battle (please correct me if I'm wrong).

For the first though, does it mean that it gives one cards of each shown or that it randomly gives one of the shown cards?

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
It means that it gives one of each card shown.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
What that means is that it gives one of every type of wand spell it gives.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Fangs McWolf on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
Wands and such that show multiple cards but the description says, "Gives 1 card", vs one card shown and it says "Gives 5/7/etc cards".

I'm sure for the second, it means it gives up to that many cards of that type during a single battle (please correct me if I'm wrong).

For the first though, does it mean that it gives one cards of each shown or that it randomly gives one of the shown cards?
It gives one card of each item shown.

Historian
May 28, 2009
If it says give one card and it shows multiple cards, it means it gives 1 copy of each of those cards. It means you will get an item card version of those cards per battle.

example: it says Give 1 card: (ice spell) (fire spell)

it means it gives one copy of that one fire spell and one copy of that ice spell per battle.

if it says give multiple cards, it says it gives multiple copies of the card(s) listed below during a battle.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Okay here's an example:
gives 2 cards
(Card)
Gives 7 cards
(card)
The card below the number of cards given is that card that is given. The caption of which gets how many cards is above the card. Hard to explain Just check your deck and see what cards are in there if you have to.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Fangs McWolf on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:

If you get a wand, it says Gives __ Cards.... That means that number is the amount of cards you get the cards shown.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Would also like to know how to see which schools I am a part of. My primary is Balance, how do I know which other schools I am a part of?

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Thanks for the replies everyone. (For anyone who isn't a member here and wondering why there are so many people giving the same information, posts are queued. )

This game certainly has a lot of finer points to it to learn.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Fangs McWolf on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
Would also like to know how to see which schools I am a part of. My primary is Balance, how do I know which other schools I am a part of?
The schools you spent your training points to buy spells from.
Although you wont be able to get any quest related spells exclusive to those schools

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Rachel Dreamsong on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
The schools you spent your training points to buy spells from.
Although you wont be able to get any quest related spells exclusive to those schools
Drat. Was hoping that there was a way to pick a secondary school sort of like the primary, and then have some benefits from it, such as free training.

Thanks for the answer, I was a bit confused by the mention of secondary schools.

Now another thing I'm wondering. I saw a video recently where someone was running around on someone's estate and it was the "Tower of Winter Winds" house. In that video, there were these glowing stars and when you pass through one, it would tell you that a disguise was acquired and to press the space bar to activate it. Any idea what those stars are called?

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Fangs McWolf on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
Drat. Was hoping that there was a way to pick a secondary school sort of like the primary, and then have some benefits from it, such as free training.

Thanks for the answer, I was a bit confused by the mention of secondary schools.

Now another thing I'm wondering. I saw a video recently where someone was running around on someone's estate and it was the "Tower of Winter Winds" house. In that video, there were these glowing stars and when you pass through one, it would tell you that a disguise was acquired and to press the space bar to activate it. Any idea what those stars are called?
They were playing one of the housing games. Those stars are boosts you get in that game. Say if it was tag, which I suspect it was, by passing through that star you are given the gift of a disguise that lasts only for a certain amount of time. When you are ready to use it, like when the "it" person is near, you hit your space bar to disguise yourself so you won't get caught. Hope that helps.