Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More Block!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
In today's PvP arena, critical has taken over. Literally. The people you see in the arena nowadays just have tons of critical. I fought a fire who criticaled every turn. And I've seen storms with it (500 critical is every turn btw) and so, I'm far from saying nerf it, or that storm is OP in the recent update, but my request is in the next update, please give us more block! I think thats a reasonable request.

Wolf Skullslinger

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Wolf Skullslinger on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
In today's PvP arena, critical has taken over. Literally. The people you see in the arena nowadays just have tons of critical. I fought a fire who criticaled every turn. And I've seen storms with it (500 critical is every turn btw) and so, I'm far from saying nerf it, or that storm is OP in the recent update, but my request is in the next update, please give us more block! I think thats a reasonable request.

Wolf Skullslinger
I'm at almost 300 block without being ice, so I rarely get hit by critical anyways; add this to my pet having may cast conviction, and I can block all day generally; however, a large part of that is because I have crowns wand; Therefore, I do agree with you in that more block would be very nice; although between Blade of Fallen Titan, Alpha&Omega Ring, Waterworks upgrade boots, and a normal non crowns wand (70 block or so? Guessing) you already have around 170 block, and if you have a good robe your at around 200. This is still fairly low though since block scales differently than critical; I think that adding more robe block, bringing boots up to about 80, and maybe even adding a deck with block and decent block hats would all help us out with blocking. Do keep in mind though that storm and fire have to sometimes fight Ice's with 90-110 resist, so that critical is kind of needed(Not sure why I bothered replying since I have very conflicting views with myself, but oh well.)

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
One of your hits will go through nearly no defenses and hit very hard with WW gear. Plus conviction is meant for this. And if a critical happens, it'll go through on them because they have no defenses. Don't complain please, with the right gear 300 block can be obtained while having 160 critical. Plus after seeing a balance blade, weakness. And plague. That's -65% damage right there. Making that 3,000 damage efreet 1,050 damage.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
1320Wraith on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
I'm at almost 300 block without being ice, so I rarely get hit by critical anyways; add this to my pet having may cast conviction, and I can block all day generally; however, a large part of that is because I have crowns wand; Therefore, I do agree with you in that more block would be very nice; although between Blade of Fallen Titan, Alpha&Omega Ring, Waterworks upgrade boots, and a normal non crowns wand (70 block or so? Guessing) you already have around 170 block, and if you have a good robe your at around 200. This is still fairly low though since block scales differently than critical; I think that adding more robe block, bringing boots up to about 80, and maybe even adding a deck with block and decent block hats would all help us out with blocking. Do keep in mind though that storm and fire have to sometimes fight Ice's with 90-110 resist, so that critical is kind of needed(Not sure why I bothered replying since I have very conflicting views with myself, but oh well.)

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean
My wand is a crowns wand, but its not all its cracked up to be, I need to upgrade it again, congrats on getting 300 block o.o and I'm Ice but I was talking from my death's point of view (honestly Ice doesn't have all that much natural gear block).

Wolf Skullslinger/Deathhammer

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Wolf Skullslinger on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
My wand is a crowns wand, but its not all its cracked up to be, I need to upgrade it again, congrats on getting 300 block o.o and I'm Ice but I was talking from my death's point of view (honestly Ice doesn't have all that much natural gear block).

Wolf Skullslinger/Deathhammer
Sorry if I was giving an impression that I think Ice has lots of block, Mine only has about 260 since he's not a block troll like my myth. I was mostly thinking because my Ice robe gives about 40 block universal and my myth robe gives about 13.

Mason ShadowwraithOverlord

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Learn the spell conviction or get tc of it. Problem solved, it'll help the block.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Lachjdk on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
Learn the spell conviction or get tc of it. Problem solved, it'll help the block.
Yep, conviction will work great against a Balance with 300 critical... and Super Nova.... just saying.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
1320Wraith on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
Sorry if I was giving an impression that I think Ice has lots of block, Mine only has about 260 since he's not a block troll like my myth. I was mostly thinking because my Ice robe gives about 40 block universal and my myth robe gives about 13.

Mason ShadowwraithOverlord
Its no problem. And yeah that makes sense though. @lachjdk I have also seen people critical though conviction sooo...