Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm sick of it: life bash.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I am tired of life getting bashed on, it seems like every time life gets a spell that will help them, other schools
(notably the elemental schools storm and fire), want to complain, whine, and cry about it whether it's the PVP crowd or the PVE crowd, it's all the same when it comes to the complaints! Life deserves anything they are given, and nobody should be able to change a life spell just because they don't like it, get over it and deal with it. Life deserved it in the long run.
Here is a list of some of the spells that life has received that have been complained about:

Spinysaur: people complain that life doesn't deserve a Dot spell, well can anyone give me a single good reason why not!?, why shouldn't life get a dot spell, almost every school has one, (besides balance and storm). It seems that fire makes up the majority of the complaints about this spell. Well if we can't have a Dot spell, how about everyone loses their healing spells, even better how about everyone other than fire and the schools that don't already have dot spells lose their dot spells, because really I could be a fire and argue that no one deserves a dot spell but them, but in reality that is an invalid point.

Guardian spirit: Yep, good ol' infamous guardian spirit, the bane of pvp. So many people complained about this spell, and I can assure you not one pve player did, once again pvp goes on to ruin another useful spell for poor life. I'm positive that the pvp player did not even try to find a counter GOOD ENOUGH to combat this spell, because if they did there is no need to complain about it am I right?, now I've heard that this spell use to give back 50% of the casters health back, whether it's true or not at 25% it should have been left alone. Here is what I don't get about people who complain about life and this spell. if life complains about wanting a spell that does more damage, people immediately want to use the: life is about healing excuse to make up for it. well let me ask those people this. since life is about healing, what's so bad about guardian spirit giving 25% health back plus boost from gear and such, you did say life is about healing did you not? so what's the problem here? Don't tell me it's because they are revived, as that excuse is almost as bad as the "life is about healing" excuse. this spell is hard to spam effectively as it cost five pips, the affects don't stack, and elucidate Tc's are spread far and few. It's all about strategy people! whining isn't one. Also the caster looses everything so this just further strengthens my point.

Healing spells: It's seems that people in rank frown upon life healing, what am I suppose to just let you defeat me, I dare someone to say yes. No I won't go down without making it hard for you. healing is an essential, just like defense. It just happens that life has better healing, just like ice has the best defense.
it sickens me when people call life healing noobs or something of the like.
David Willowbreeze

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Dr willowbreeze on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
I am tired of life getting bashed on, it seems like every time life gets a spell that will help them, other schools
(notably the elemental schools storm and fire), want to complain, whine, and cry about it whether it's the PVP crowd or the PVE crowd, it's all the same when it comes to the complaints! Life deserves anything they are given, and nobody should be able to change a life spell just because they don't like it, get over it and deal with it. Life deserved it in the long run.
Here is a list of some of the spells that life has received that have been complained about:

Spinysaur: people complain that life doesn't deserve a Dot spell, well can anyone give me a single good reason why not!?, why shouldn't life get a dot spell, almost every school has one, (besides balance and storm). It seems that fire makes up the majority of the complaints about this spell. Well if we can't have a Dot spell, how about everyone loses their healing spells, even better how about everyone other than fire and the schools that don't already have dot spells lose their dot spells, because really I could be a fire and argue that no one deserves a dot spell but them, but in reality that is an invalid point.

Guardian spirit: Yep, good ol' infamous guardian spirit, the bane of pvp. So many people complained about this spell, and I can assure you not one pve player did, once again pvp goes on to ruin another useful spell for poor life. I'm positive that the pvp player did not even try to find a counter GOOD ENOUGH to combat this spell, because if they did there is no need to complain about it am I right?, now I've heard that this spell use to give back 50% of the casters health back, whether it's true or not at 25% it should have been left alone. Here is what I don't get about people who complain about life and this spell. if life complains about wanting a spell that does more damage, people immediately want to use the: life is about healing excuse to make up for it. well let me ask those people this. since life is about healing, what's so bad about guardian spirit giving 25% health back plus boost from gear and such, you did say life is about healing did you not? so what's the problem here? Don't tell me it's because they are revived, as that excuse is almost as bad as the "life is about healing" excuse. this spell is hard to spam effectively as it cost five pips, the affects don't stack, and elucidate Tc's are spread far and few. It's all about strategy people! whining isn't one. Also the caster looses everything so this just further strengthens my point.

Healing spells: It's seems that people in rank frown upon life healing, what am I suppose to just let you defeat me, I dare someone to say yes. No I won't go down without making it hard for you. healing is an essential, just like defense. It just happens that life has better healing, just like ice has the best defense.
it sickens me when people call life healing noobs or something of the like.
David Willowbreeze
Um...I have no idea where you heard this.. because I've never heard it. I just hate going SECOND to Life, I don't have a problem with Life wizards and their spells. I honestly hate other schools heal spamming MORE THAN LIFE. Because I almost killed them then they heal 4 times with a satyr that does half their health (level 30 PvP). So I would argue that people don't think that they don't deserve their spells, more that they are tired of going second, and getting heal spammed. Its not the spells, its certain player's strategies.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Really? I think Life wizards are the most sought after when it comes to quests, actually. It's also one of the most envied schools by everyone.

Don't forget Ice, that's an elemental school, too. I can't say I've ever had a friend complain to me about Life, let alone an elemental wizard. In fact if you have been hearing complaining, I think they're just jealous. Life gets an enormous advantage, just like Death. They can heal themselves without a problem while other wizards are sometimes stuck with just Pixies. Every school deserves a chance. No school should be singled out, whether it be for fame or unpopularity.

Again, I have never heard of people getting angry about Spinysaur. In fact wouldn't someone cheer for it instead of boo it? The stronger the better, even if it also counts for your opponents. Actually, Storm has a Dot spell even if it isn't learnable, which is Storm Hound. Perhaps people were more confused than angry, since typically Life spells aren't damage-over-time kinds of things.

Actually, Guardian Spirit gives back only 15%, unless it is somehow boosted. Well, I can't say I'm not very happy that there is such a spell, but you have to think of it from a different school's perspective. How would you feel if you were and Ice wizard and you had just defeated a Life wizard only to have them revived? I don't think Guardian Spirit is to much of a power play because it only gives 15% health back to a defeated player. But I wouldn't encourage more reviving spells like that. If you want to be healed, do it the old fashioned way; you'll get more health anyways. Guardian Spirit isn't a bad spell, but it's not a good one either. Plus, it's only 'annoying' in PvP. It comes in handy in real quests.

Why would someone hate healing? They need it just as much as any other wizard. If they do, they should try Life out for themselves.

Life is a wonderful school no matter what anyone says. Just don't let em get to ya too much.
~ Courtney I. Transcendent

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
yea I guess but it just angers me when people want to talk about life being annoying just because we're life and we beat them -_-
I didn't include ice because I've heard many complaints about them too

David willow breeze

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
quote: people complain that life doesn't deserve a Dot spell, well can anyone give me a single good reason why not!?, why shouldn't life get a dot spell, almost every school has one, (besides balance and storm). It seems that fire makes up the majority of the complaints about this spell. Well if we can't have a Dot spell, how about everyone loses their healing spells, even better how about everyone other than fire and the schools that don't already have dot spells lose their dot spells, because really I could be a fire and argue that no one deserves a dot spell but them, but in reality that is an invalid point.

I think the problem is, people want to (in general) pigeonhole Life into being a healing school. I say, if it makes sense for the school to get a spell, why not give it to it? Make it appropriate and well thought out/balanced, but give it to them. It's like when I posted about an AoE X-pip death spell, the only response I got was "but then it's stronger than storm's". Ok, so? It SEEMS like people want schools to be a single purpose school and fear changing them into "something they're not".

If we took all the stereotypes of the schools, then:

Storm would have only the strongest spells in the game at each spell level
Fire would ONLY have DoT spells
Life would ONLY heal
Death would need more life sap spells
Balance would stay the same (the ONLY school that would mind you)
Ice would have NOTHING but defense spells
Myth would only have minions

If we did that, it would be an absolute REQUIREMENT that nobody could ever solo the game. Also, keep in mind, learning out of school spells would be forbidden. Think about that for a moment.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I I know it gives back 15% health back but I was referring too it when it gave 25% which I thought was fine

David Willow breeze

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
People complain about life's heals because they can drag pvp matches out for hours, especially with jade gear. People complain about guardian spirit because life can just spam it with massive healing boost and resist and drag pvp out even more. I would assume that people complain about spinysaur because it gave life the one thing that it really lacked, a powerful DoT. Life can get damage boost, critical, resist, healing boost, and block. (Although not at once.) With spinysaur, life can stack blades with jade gear and one hit kill people, even with shields. If guardian spirit did at one point give 50% back, which I don't think it did, life people could heal themselves to full health every time they died. The only way to counter this would be doom and gloom, and it would still heal them a lot. This would make battles a contest of who could sit at a computer the longest, because if someone played a completely defensive strategy, it would be a contest of who quit first most likely. The elemental schools probably complain because they are mainly for one type of gameplay. Storm and fire are extremely aggresive gameplay, and ice is very defensive. They do not have to be played this way, but many strategies are like this. Life has more flexibility, and it could start to be unbalanced if life gets more options than balance does. (Balance should be a mixture of healing, attack, and defense. If life gets all of these, then how will it be any different than balance, except for the fact that it can heal better?) I personally think that these complaints are at least somewhat justified, for many reasons I have stated above.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Aaron SpellThief on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
People complain about life's heals because they can drag pvp matches out for hours, especially with jade gear. People complain about guardian spirit because life can just spam it with massive healing boost and resist and drag pvp out even more. I would assume that people complain about spinysaur because it gave life the one thing that it really lacked, a powerful DoT. Life can get damage boost, critical, resist, healing boost, and block. (Although not at once.) With spinysaur, life can stack blades with jade gear and one hit kill people, even with shields. If guardian spirit did at one point give 50% back, which I don't think it did, life people could heal themselves to full health every time they died. The only way to counter this would be doom and gloom, and it would still heal them a lot. This would make battles a contest of who could sit at a computer the longest, because if someone played a completely defensive strategy, it would be a contest of who quit first most likely. The elemental schools probably complain because they are mainly for one type of gameplay. Storm and fire are extremely aggresive gameplay, and ice is very defensive. They do not have to be played this way, but many strategies are like this. Life has more flexibility, and it could start to be unbalanced if life gets more options than balance does. (Balance should be a mixture of healing, attack, and defense. If life gets all of these, then how will it be any different than balance, except for the fact that it can heal better?) I personally think that these complaints are at least somewhat justified, for many reasons I have stated above.
I respect your reply and I will agree that you have justified the topics that I have stated somewhat, however it really isn't that easy to spam this spell. I mean yea a life wizard could easily get five pips to cast the spell, but correct me if i'm wrong the affects to stack meaning spamming this spell is inefficient, as it's just wasting pips they could be using for attacking, shielding, or healing.

David Willow Breeze

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Dr willowbreeze on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
I respect your reply and I will agree that you have justified the topics that I have stated somewhat, however it really isn't that easy to spam this spell. I mean yea a life wizard could easily get five pips to cast the spell, but correct me if i'm wrong the affects to stack meaning spamming this spell is inefficient, as it's just wasting pips they could be using for attacking, shielding, or healing.

David Willow Breeze
On my fire, I battled a life that used guardian spirit about seven times in a row before I defeated him. I have high critical, and I was able to kill him off fairly quickly after every guardian spirit, but he was first, and guardian spirit healed him over 1500 each time. Fire has it somewhat easier than some other schools. It can kill guardian spirit users off fairly quickly, if using an agressive deck setup. If I had used my ice, I would probably not have been able to defeat him quickly enough over and over again, and eventually lost.