Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kind and thoughtful players

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Will any one who will please hatch a pet with a player who only has bad pets? (I have crown shop pets) I just ran out of crowns and I can't get more. I am looking for a healing pet. Thank you.
Madison Winterhorn

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
MadisonWinterHorn on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
Will any one who will please hatch a pet with a player who only has bad pets? (I have crown shop pets) I just ran out of crowns and I can't get more. I am looking for a healing pet. Thank you.
Madison Winterhorn
Arrange a met up - I can help you maybe? The higher the rank of the pet though the more gold it's going to cost. I do a lot of hatches out the blue with others but most of the time they just don't have the gold to complete it and then we both feel bad. It can also take a few hatches for you to get what you want out of a pet.

I have many pets with spritely, it is my favorite talent. My first spritely pet years ago was from the bundle and is a Fierce Hound, I was hooked on that talent being a solo player and it is a big help.

Let me know which school pet you are interested in and I can pretty much match that across our 2 accounts. I have a few mixed breeds that have assorted back grounds so may give talents from previous parents schools.

As the Prof has stated though match ups take a bit of planning here. I need to know date - one that is a few days from when you reply, time and time zone and the realm, we would naturally meet in the pet pavilion.

I do not have any grand SPUD pets, I never put the time needed into that hobby so I have settled with pets that usually help my school wizard with blades etc and have the spritely talent.

Short list, just to give you idea: Forest Lord, ScareCrow, Judgement, Leopard, Fierce Hounds, Brave Hound, Jelly Fish, StarFish, Glacier Cat, Cloud Beast. I am sure if I look around I will find more but these are our main pets we use right now. We are lazy pet training people so if the pet doesn't get spritely by adult it's usually cast aside and we start over with a fresh hatched one, we have been lucky as the second hatch usually gets it.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
I have a dino which "May Cast Life-Bat"
--Brandon Boom, Imp Realm--

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
I have a pet that includes the card fairy! Are you interested in hatching with her? She is a Helpful Wildclaw if you want to look her up!

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
I would love a or pet with spritly please.
BTW, I have like 50000 around and selling at the bazarr so I'll have like 70000 soon.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
I have a may cast fairy unicorn sprite tower shield and defy pet if you wanted to hatch that. But like Northlite said, you'll have to set the date kind of far away, and keep in mind that I'm in central time zone.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
MadisonWinterHorn on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
I would love a or pet with spritly please.
BTW, I have like 50000 around and selling at the bazarr so I'll have like 70000 soon.
I have a Judgement with Spritely and Vengeance and a Leopard which is hatch with a Phoenix, with may cast fire blade and Spritely. Our Phoenix doesn't have Spritely manifested but the Leopard we hatched from him did. You would have to be a fire wizard to get a chance at getting a Phoenix in the hatch.

Arrange a time here and we will meet up - I believe 50,000 gold will do.

I have a lvl 90 Balance wizard collecting dust at level 90 with gold to burn I can use for the hatches..

Mary Gem

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
My first 'perfect' pet was an Ianthine Hound with Pain Giver, Pain Bringer, Spell Proof, Spell Defy, and Fairy Friend. She also gives a Dragonblade card. Guess how many hatches it took to get her there? I estimate around 30. But I started off with a Sea Dragon and many of those hatches were from trying to get rid of the Epic card talents. She became the matriarch of my pet stable, and all of my Mega pets are descended from her.

Here are my tips:

1 - Worry about getting the talents you want, then appearance. If you can get your preferred talents to manifest regularly, it isn't so hard to transfer those talents to another pet via hatching. And it's much better to have a standard pet to use for self-hatching then to have to hang around the pet pavilion looking for someone who'll hatch with you.

2 - If I'm going to help someone develop a good pet, they need to show commitment. Yes, you will have to farm (a lot), go through a lot of snacks, and do at least several hatches to get the talents you want. Most of the time it takes at least 5 hatches for most of the talents to transfer. Sometimes you'll also get a sticky selfish talent that takes more hatches to get rid of. I prefer to help those with first gen cheap wizard city pets since their talents are much easier to override. It takes over 40k gold to hatch with my pets, btw.

3 - Selfish talents may not be that bad. If you can get 4 good talents, sometimes a selfish talent boosts those enough to make the pet worth keeping. However, if you get a talent you don't want, don't train the pet past adult. But DON'T trash it - rehatch it since it already has the good talents in its gene pool.

4 - If you want a better chance at a hatch, go to a quiet realm. There's too much competition in the full realms, and I never go to the hatchery in those realms since I get mobbed with hatch requests. If I have extra gold and timers, I'll go to a realm like Phoenix or Stormzilla and look for someone who would like some help.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Well I just got my first may cast, a may cast bubble around you (I forgot which one but I know it gives me accuracy and armor pearcing) for 5 rounds. But she also had a selfish talent fo I'm afraid no one will hhatch with me.
Will one of you?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Defender
Sep 19, 2010
MadisonWinterHorn on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
Well I just got my first may cast, a may cast bubble around you (I forgot which one but I know it gives me accuracy and armor pearcing) for 5 rounds. But she also had a selfish talent fo I'm afraid no one will hhatch with me.
Will one of you?
Think everyone here is trying to express that they'll hatch with whatever you have; Can't speak for the others, but I have max gold on 6 characters and full banks, So I'd hatch with a first generation Bloodbat if that's all you had. Just hatch the bad talents out with anyone on here; If you wanted to, could even try setting a date for anyone to show up at a certain spot and show you pets, and you choose what to hatch with. Just an idea.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
MadisonWinterHorn on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
Will one of you?
It is amplify and I just got spritly on a teen jellyfish by hatching with my pet that had amplify and someone else.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
I found out i need fairy. I got the vampire pet if you want to.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
does anyone go on central? we can meet up there. realm sunbird on a hydra.

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
Amplify does not have increased accuracy and pierce rating. It gives increased DAMAGE. Infallible gives more accuracy and pierce.

BTW my pet has both talents as may casts)

Duncan DeathCaster

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
BrownBeard094 on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
Amplify does not have increased accuracy and pierce rating. It gives increased DAMAGE. Infallible gives more accuracy and pierce.

BTW my pet has both talents as may casts)

Duncan DeathCaster
yes,infallible, sry but that is not the point.
Madison WinterHorn riding a hydra in sunbird realm