Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

make tapestry for members

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2012
i was thinking that it would be awesome if you could get tapestry but it would only be for members just like the bazaar but only for members and they just sell tapestry tell me what you think blaze winter riderwizard level 31 magus

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
firefuriouspetcoll... on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
i was thinking that it would be awesome if you could get tapestry but it would only be for members just like the bazaar but only for members and they just sell tapestry tell me what you think blaze winter riderwizard level 31 magus
There are already tapestries.My cousins fire lvl 72 has a tapestry to the arena and bazaar at their house.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
There are tapestries available already, in different card packs/bundles and there was a giveaway on MMORG just recently. Plus, having them for members only just doesn't seem fair at all.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Hmmmmmm, how about a "make your own" tapestry that you can put together and have it port to your favorite spot anywhere in the spiral. Kinda of like the icon/button we already have, and the teleporter housing items, but its permanent and non-changeable once completed. I would definitely use more than a few of these, and in each one of my houses.

We could pick from a preselected batch of "paintings" that depict all the worlds, drop the "exit" icon anywhere in the spiral (except within dungeons), port back home and place the finished product on the wall. Once it goes up on the wall, the settings are permanently saved and can not be reset.

Place one, two, three,etc etc etc, outside your favorite dungeons, hangouts, or where ever your heart desires.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I think this is a cool idea - for promotions of memberships. The question is what's the most important part? If it's the instant portal aspect I have an idea. If its the wall art aspect - I'm not sure.

The thing is I have memberships for 1-4 months or so, then let it lapse and do real life stuff for several months and then come back. Usually in the summer and October. The rest of the year I try to be productive.

So the promotional membership tapestry would have to be something so attractive it would make me buy it in the first place and then be worth buying one for each character.

So - assuming the important part is the portal aspect:

What about an open interactive book? Each 2 pages is a picture of a world and the facing page is a list of areas within that world. Icons on that list indicate attractive bosses to farm or the person to report to for the main quest line. Also included would be an entry for each Crafting Teacher. Members would be able to port to areas they haven't "unlocked" yet and which they didn't have a port set to.

In order to encourage people to buy more than one Amazing Book of Portals there would be, say 3, individualized portals per world - which similar to our housing portals, we could set ourselves. Your at home - click the empty portal icon - port to a friend in the area you want or make your way there on your own - set a port there - port back home - click the empty portal icon again - and it changes to be a picture of the area your portal is set in and a title you were able to name - maybe like the new deck naming system. The world is obvious, but there could be a list of bosses, a list of areas, or numbers on a map and you just choose the number that's nearest where you were. And an entry for Side Quest, Farming Boss, Reagent Harvesting, etc.

The personal ports would be erased when the book goes through the shared bank. I wouldn't want it to be No Trade - because I paid Crowns for it and because I erase and start new characters. I hate that I can't pass deeds through the shared.

This book and it's features only work when the membership is active. But just like setting any port - your individualized ports are remembered for when you renew your membership.

If the point was the interactive wall art aspect of a Portal Tapestry - It would work for my purposes if it were a series of tapestries - like the book pages or if they were all just personalized. So when you buy it it's blank. Then you click it - go to your spot - set your portal - it takes a picture of the area your in - you port home - click it again and the picture shows up in the frame. You could buy 1 or 50 and have that many personalized portals through the Spiral. But the picture is just a picture when your membership is out - but it works again when you re-join.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
I'm not sure I like the "members only" aspect because if I buy something with crowns I want it to work all the time.
That being said;
I'd buy that book anyway, just for the pages to Marleybone and Mooshu sites >.<
(Those are sometimes a nightmare to return to.)

Survivor
May 17, 2012
guess I did not know but what bundles give what tapestry though

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
firefuriouspetcoll... on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
Majestic gives a tapestry to visit Caliburn. I think the Hawkrider bundle gives you one to the bazaar. Either that or it's a random one you receive.

Historian
May 06, 2009
firefuriouspetcoll... on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
Have you seen the Hawkrider Bundle or the late Super Bundle? Both give a tapestery. One to the Bazaar, the other the Arena. You can buy the Hawkrider Bundle of line, right on Wizard101.com!

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
RavenLady777 on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
There are tapestries available already, in different card packs/bundles and there was a giveaway on MMORG just recently. Plus, having them for members only just doesn't seem fair at all.
Again i have to side with you.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
I think what the person is trying to say is (the creator of this thread) that he would want tapestries that could be made by you. Just what Helenie Nightseer said. I believe he wants that idea.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Sniper Rose on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
I think what the person is trying to say is (the creator of this thread) that he would want tapestries that could be made by you. Just what Helenie Nightseer said. I believe he wants that idea.
What about a tapestry that you could buy (say 2,500 crowns or 100,000 gold) and you can choose from a list of predetermined destinations. For example, being able to choose one of the places that you have access to, such as a commons area or the beginning of a street. Some could choose Olde Towne if they want to get to the bazaar quickly, Mount Olympus or The Atheneum. But they couldn't specify somewhere like a dungeon or inside of a building or something. World and then a main area but that's it. Can't change it more than once an hour but can use it as much as you want.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
OldStormWizard on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Hmmmmmm, how about a "make your own" tapestry that you can put together and have it port to your favorite spot anywhere in the spiral. Kinda of like the icon/button we already have, and the teleporter housing items, but its permanent and non-changeable once completed. I would definitely use more than a few of these, and in each one of my houses.

We could pick from a preselected batch of "paintings" that depict all the worlds, drop the "exit" icon anywhere in the spiral (except within dungeons), port back home and place the finished product on the wall. Once it goes up on the wall, the settings are permanently saved and can not be reset.

Place one, two, three,etc etc etc, outside your favorite dungeons, hangouts, or where ever your heart desires.
Now that would be cool...but where would you get it?