Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre Soloists

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
It is nice to have help through a lot of quests BUT 9 times out of 10 when you come across a situation where you NEED help. your friends are either busy or don't even respond back to you..

Sooooo, How about making some of the Battles a little easier for us Soloists? I can't see myself defeating 4 Bosses by my little ole self... Even with Minions that dont do anything but cast shields and life on themselves

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Well, there's two options, depending on your level:

1) Use one of the newer minions (if you are a high enough level you can get it). They are even useful in Avalon. They're strong and quite aggressive

2) Hire henchmen

If there is a specific place you need help with, perhaps post where you are and we can help that way. I know I've soloed 90%+ of the game, and others even more than that.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
StormSloan on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
It is nice to have help through a lot of quests BUT 9 times out of 10 when you come across a situation where you NEED help. your friends are either busy or don't even respond back to you..

Sooooo, How about making some of the Battles a little easier for us Soloists? I can't see myself defeating 4 Bosses by my little ole self... Even with Minions that dont do anything but cast shields and life on themselves
That's just not fair, and I speak as one who soloed Dragonspyre with 4 different school wizards. Use your minion or buy one as a treasure card. And you can always use henchmen if you have crowns.
You can solo this game with a little planning. Check out the bosses spells at Wizard101 Central Wiki.

Defender
Aug 08, 2012

I agree, the battles are too hard.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
The battles aren't that hard, I soloed most of dragonsypre besides the dungeons.erhaps if it is hard u should look for new gear in the bazaar. I recommend gear from ur school that give u damage to jr school, health , power pip percentage and even resist . Use tc. I do :P

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011

I've soloed just about everything in dragonspyre. I do like having a friend though. I don't think it's too hard, atleast not yet (I'm about to beat Necropolis.). I am a higher lvl though. I would like to say that all the boss towers are annoying, the ones where you have to beat a bunch of monsters to get to the top. I've soloed all of them.

Andrew Iceriver lvl 51
Hunter Sunblade lvl 31

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Sorry, I have to agree with RavenLady. Besides, Dragonspyre has already been made easier that it was when many of us went through with our first few wizards. I have soloed a lot of the whole game and I can tell you, it doesn't get easier.

You may need as has already been stated, to take a look at your gear and your deck setup. Those are KEY factors to take into account. Strategy is needed in PvE just as much as it is in PvP.

There are certain bosses and dungeons that you definitely want help with, but many are soloable if you prepare for them. Do some research on Wizard101 Central. You can also find a lot of players on that site that are set up to help others with difficult areas such as dungeons/bosses.

The battles aren't hard, you just need to learn how to prepare for them and pay attention to what school the enemy is. It will make a difference in how you set up your spells in your deck.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

Sadly as the game progresses not all of us can figure it out well enough to progress and if we do it's poorly.

It's not fair that KI makes a game we can play because we are a minute minority. It's been my experience with the game that if any body can do it it's easy, what are we complaining about.

I can relate though, my first wizard was Life and I took for ever to drag her though that world solo and Celestia was not picnic either. My friends list emptied out mid Mooshu. I had 3 left in DS, 2 were adults that did not really know how to play the game and the other a child that had very limited hrs. None made it though DS. I don't know why I didn't just quit. Granted I only have maybe 30-40 people total on my list so it's not a good for instance.

Only you can decide if you can or are able to figure out how to play the game well enough to push forward.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Maybe this will help. Purchase Treasure Card Shields for each individual school at the library. Set your deck up so you have plenty of discards. When facing a boss, load your sideboard up with shields for that bosses school of magic. Take out the minion, and then keep adding shields to minimize boss damage while building your pips for big damage attacks. As for the gauntlets, where you have to beat foes on many consecutive levels, play the mini games to stock up on potions. That way you can heal and restore your mana when you need to. This worked out well for me in both DS and Celestia. The only help I had in DS was on the final quest to get to Malistaire. I pretty much soloed Celestia all the way through, and by the time I got through it I was powerful enough to easily get through Zafaria. In Avalon, I did use henchmen on a few of the big boss quests. In Azteca, lol, I'm currently stuck, still can't figure out this one cheating boss. Hope this works for you. :)

Survivor
Oct 19, 2011
My life wizard went solo through all of Dragonspyre, except for a few places where a random player joined in the battle. She continued to play mostly solo until about 1/2 way through Celestia where friend met in Dragonspyre joined up with her and they continue to quest as a two person team. They have finished Azteca with one set of wizards and have just started Azteca with a second set.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010

pox dont attack so they dont really count - I was like level 32 when i came past the trap/blade/block masters missions with pox orb things. I had no trouble but however i had the best level 30 crafted gear from aq a spudf pet a heartsteel and death mastery. If i was a common player i would have a hard time.