Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Easily obtained Potent Trap treasure card?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
Hey everyone! I need a potent trap treasure card to craft the eagle war shield, and I know that it drops from bosses but farming bosses with 20,000+ health isn't too fun, and takes about a half hour each battle. Is there a better alternative?

- Cameron Rain, Level 90

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Purple Cobra 5 on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
Hey everyone! I need a potent trap treasure card to craft the eagle war shield, and I know that it drops from bosses but farming bosses with 20,000+ health isn't too fun, and takes about a half hour each battle. Is there a better alternative?

- Cameron Rain, Level 90
Sorry, but there is not better way to get them. They can't be sold and bought in the Bazaar and they can't be traded.

I am almost finished with AZ and still have not gotten one and have farmed some of the bosses as well. Many have had a lot of issues with getting that card. Some don't get them till the second or third time through by helping friends. Some give up. I am to the point I don't care anymore.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
As far as I know of, you've got to fight AZ bosses to get Potent Trap, Turquoise and Agave Nectar. Good luck! Don't hold your breath waiting for KI to make things easier for anyone. It's supposed to get harder. Or impossible. Or 'rather easy' or so I've been told. Smh.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Unfortunately, no.

The only way to obtain it is to fight those dreaded Aztecans and make them drop it for you. I went through the equivalent of twice in Azteca before I ever got the Potent Trap.

Ugh.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
Thanks, guys! I'll try farming a couple bosses a couple more times and then i'm done. lol. I'll let you guys know if I get anything.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
You could farm one of the non-cheating bosses in a school that doesn't cheat, spam tower, or spam stuns.

That will make it easier to whittle down the bloated health bar.

My personal go-to solo favorites for farming cards and reagents are any one of the random tomb zombies in Mangrove Marsh: Poca Cruel Star, Uacalxochitl, and maybe Coatl Earth Mother although she is really annoying and bloated and heals a lot.

They don't drop every card you might need, though, and your very best bet is almost always Belloq or Cipactli who are very farmable but require some teamwork and both cheat like there's no tomorrow.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
I do think that it should be a bit of a challenge, since this is a higher level crafting quest, but it sould also be possible without having to spend weeks farming high level bosses. i mean really, the radomness of this particular drop borders on riduculous...I have one wizard that has completed the world of Azteca, plus nearly two weeks of farming various bosses, with nothing to show for it...yet I have a second wizard who has gotten THREE potent trap cards, and he is barely half way through the world! of course, having three cards is completely USELESS since you can't trade it or sell it. If KI is not gonna make it easier to get as a drop, at least make it tradable!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Farm Cronus or Gladiator Dimachaerus. They drop it at a decent rate, not to mention they also drop excellent gear! (Wand, athame/ring, and reagent wise)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Raugalothlor on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
I do think that it should be a bit of a challenge, since this is a higher level crafting quest, but it sould also be possible without having to spend weeks farming high level bosses. i mean really, the radomness of this particular drop borders on riduculous...I have one wizard that has completed the world of Azteca, plus nearly two weeks of farming various bosses, with nothing to show for it...yet I have a second wizard who has gotten THREE potent trap cards, and he is barely half way through the world! of course, having three cards is completely USELESS since you can't trade it or sell it. If KI is not gonna make it easier to get as a drop, at least make it tradable!
I have completed Az without getting a single Potent Trap. I currently have another wizard in Avalon and on a second account. I plan to run both of these wizards together for a while and hope they both get the card but I am no longer going to waste a lot of time farming any boss for it. At this point, I think I am about finished with crafting.