Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

hatching problem

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Every time I try to hatch I end up getting my own pet! Please help! I wanna get a frost hound!
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 52 , ready to defeat Malistaire!

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Just bad luck. And Mali is a tricky guy who has a ton of health. But pack some frogs and blades tc's and you will be just fine. Also minions if solo. And big hits.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Wolf and Rider on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Every time I try to hatch I end up getting my own pet! Please help! I wanna get a frost hound!
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 52 , ready to defeat Malistaire!
I'm no hatching genius, but as far as I know it is a 50/50 chance. However, it is possible that one pet is dominant over the other when hatching. Every time I hatch one of my Siren pets I get another Siren, which leads me to believe that the siren is dominant. Hope this helped. Sorry I could not give your more advice, I would just keep trying. :) good luck!

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
BlueGhost004 on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
I'm no hatching genius, but as far as I know it is a 50/50 chance. However, it is possible that one pet is dominant over the other when hatching. Every time I hatch one of my Siren pets I get another Siren, which leads me to believe that the siren is dominant. Hope this helped. Sorry I could not give your more advice, I would just keep trying. :) good luck!
Then that means my female heckhound is dominant

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
Some people say if you go in first and you have a lower pedigree and you click ready to hatch first you will most likely get the other persons pet. It worked for me many a time

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Good news!
I hatched with an ice colossus and got a frost hound which I have named Lady Sasha, in honor of my dog.
Thanks, guys!!!!!